Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lord_Karsk
11.23.2012 , 03:17 AM | #701
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimmoir View Post
You were correct Lord_Karsk, as soon as my subscription came up for renewal it failed just like attempting to buy coins with any of my cards or paypal does, despite that card having been used to renew my subscription for the last couple of months. I took the easy way out though, went over to Origin and bought a 60 day digital time card to use. Just didn't think I would be civil on the phone with customer service. It should be noted that Origin (which is part of EA) had no problem processing the same card that Bioware's SWTOR site seems to have so many issues with. I hope they get this fixed, but as of right now they have exactly 60 days to get their act together, especially since I haven't logged in yet to see if anything got screwed up during the two hours my account was F2P.

-Grim
Yeah it is sad how bad their systems are.Never hadd these issues with any MMO before.
And next time if i have this issue again i'm just gonna play rift or something.And the worst part is
how they ignore this issue and refuse to answear people on the forum.

Wintermist
11.23.2012 , 03:58 AM | #702
Okay, I just got off the phone (Skype) with them, and we managed to enter my sucscription details again. That bit should be fine now. Then we tried to order Cartel Coins over the phone and even their systems couldn't do it, so something's gone wrong somewhere deep in the systems.

They are aware that there's a problem with buying Cartel Coins but they've not figured out exactly where yet. It could even be on the Bank's side for all we know right now. Having said that, they should tell this information here on the forums too so people are aware on how to deal with it, and what not to try and what to do if they tried it anyway.

So, I hope my subscription will continue now as before and not being affected by this problem. I'll find out in 5 days time.

Wintermist
11.23.2012 , 04:00 AM | #703
UPDATE:

After they added my VISA details again over the phone, I just now tried to buy Cartel Coins again on the website. And it now worked for me.

sithgreyguard
11.23.2012 , 04:07 AM | #704
doesnt work for me. i get this message.

An error occurred while processing your request. If you canceled your purchase at the third party payment website, this error is expected. Code: NU1010

sarazoul
11.23.2012 , 04:12 AM | #705
A small heads up.

Got CS on the phone... Finally.

Tried my best to get some answers. All the guy could tell me is.

"We are very aware of the Cartel coins issue and the error message. All i can tell you right now, is that we have a problem with the code. I need you to understand that we are working on the issue and doing the best we can to get it resolved as soon as we can".

I know it isn't much, but it's still better than the very unpersonnal messages we've been getting so far on this thread.

Papeion
11.23.2012 , 04:26 AM | #706
Quote: Originally Posted by AK_Twilight View Post
EA and Bioware do you want our money??? If you do - then fix it!!!
forget it keep your money for now, i paid for 2400 coins 4 days ago and i still don't have them , i sent a ticket , made the phone call to CS and was told they cant do anything about it you just need to wait, so don't be so eager to spend your money you might not get what you pay for straight away, far better wait untill this coin mess is sorted out

Divona
11.23.2012 , 04:57 AM | #707
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimmoir View Post
You were correct Lord_Karsk, as soon as my subscription came up for renewal it failed just like attempting to buy coins with any of my cards or paypal does, despite that card having been used to renew my subscription for the last couple of months. I took the easy way out though, went over to Origin and bought a 60 day digital time card to use. Just didn't think I would be civil on the phone with customer service. It should be noted that Origin (which is part of EA) had no problem processing the same card that Bioware's SWTOR site seems to have so many issues with. I hope they get this fixed, but as of right now they have exactly 60 days to get their act together, especially since I haven't logged in yet to see if anything got screwed up during the two hours my account was F2P.

-Grim

This is reason why i was away from game nearly for month. Suddenly my Credit card want good enough. Same thing happened with my other guildies. Only optino was to buy 60 day time card and now i havent got any monthly CC.

Seeing so many bugs and CS must be in hell right now, im loosing hope and giving up that they fix them in "reasonable" time frame. Havent made ticket about CC missing, seems alot having issues with that mainly time card users. There are so many issues after implementing f2p not only ingame problems but billing service also broke down. As post http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=705 confirms their code is really faulty with recent patches.

Harsisus
11.23.2012 , 05:34 AM | #708
Apparently some situations flag our credit cards and block them - which meant that when I tried the infamous "delete your card information, and re-add it to your account" method to buy Cartel Coins the system wouldn't accept the card again (due to various circumstances, combined with the failed Cartel Coin purchases) - when you call up they have to eventually go through a process of "white-listing".

What they'll do is send you out an e-mail with a request for information, proof of identification, that you send back, and they can forward it to unblock your card on the Star Wars: The Old Republic site (this is regardless of whether you've used it successfully on other sites such as the Origin Store - because of the numerous failed Cartel Coin purchases I guess).

I called up the Account & Billing on Skype (+1-855-467-9867), and was through to Gentleman #1 (didn't catch his name) in literally less than 10 seconds after the whole "if you need such and such, press 1" stage; this agent was very aware of the Cartel Coin hassle and explained he'd just had a caller with my situation (couldn't buy Cartel Coins due to an error, then they tried to delete and re-add the card, which also produced an error). He added notes to my ticket, which he then gave me the number of, and proceeded to escalate the call through to a specialized billing team.

Gentleman #2 (Phil) was extremely clear and understanding, and after having a look at the issue and listening to my explanation he suggested I re-enter the card, but instead of selecting "VISA" I select "VISA DELTA" (as this had worked for some people in the past) - unfortunately this resulted in the same problem so he politely put me on hold for about 5 minutes, and came back and explained the reasoning & process of "white-listing" my card on the SW:ToR system.

The whole process begins with an e-mail which is sent out after the call, which contains the message in the quote at the end of this post. Once you send in the identification the process should not take long (quoted within 8 hours, but please allow 48 hours before calling back).

All in all, the total call time was 32 minutes (this includes the initial number mashing at the start and the hold times in between agents) - so I'm quite happy with the result so far (I'm pretty certain I've gone beyond frustrated through to being amused at the whole payment debacle...). Let's just hope it doesn't take long for them to process the e-mail I sent.

Hopefully one or two of you may find this information helpful, so good luck!

Quote:
Dear *******,

Please send a digital scan or photo of the requested documentation to support@swtor.com in the following format.

• Insuring that any and all images are sent as attachments and not in the body of the mail.
• Send a new mail not a reply, replying mails containing attachments may not be received
• That you write in the body of the mail the reason for sending the document.
• That the subject of the mail is the type of document that you are sending.
• That the mail is no larger than 2.5 mega bites

If you require further assistance with this or any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Phil
Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

Stansman
11.23.2012 , 06:09 AM | #709
Quote: Originally Posted by Harsisus View Post
Apparently some situations flag our credit cards and block them - which meant that when I tried the infamous "delete your card information, and re-add it to your account" method to buy Cartel Coins the system wouldn't accept the card again (due to various circumstances, combined with the failed Cartel Coin purchases) - when you call up they have to eventually go through a process of "white-listing".

What they'll do is send you out an e-mail with a request for information, proof of identification, that you send back, and they can forward it to unblock your card on the Star Wars: The Old Republic site (this is regardless of whether you've used it successfully on other sites such as the Origin Store - because of the numerous failed Cartel Coin purchases I guess).

I called up the Account & Billing on Skype (+1-855-467-9867), and was through to Gentleman #1 (didn't catch his name) in literally less than 10 seconds after the whole "if you need such and such, press 1" stage; this agent was very aware of the Cartel Coin hassle and explained he'd just had a caller with my situation (couldn't buy Cartel Coins due to an error, then they tried to delete and re-add the card, which also produced an error). He added notes to my ticket, which he then gave me the number of, and proceeded to escalate the call through to a specialized billing team.

Gentleman #2 (Phil) was extremely clear and understanding, and after having a look at the issue and listening to my explanation he suggested I re-enter the card, but instead of selecting "VISA" I select "VISA DELTA" (as this had worked for some people in the past) - unfortunately this resulted in the same problem so he politely put me on hold for about 5 minutes, and came back and explained the reasoning & process of "white-listing" my card on the SW:ToR system.

The whole process begins with an e-mail which is sent out after the call, which contains the message in the quote at the end of this post. Once you send in the identification the process should not take long (quoted within 8 hours, but please allow 48 hours before calling back).

All in all, the total call time was 32 minutes (this includes the initial number mashing at the start and the hold times in between agents) - so I'm quite happy with the result so far (I'm pretty certain I've gone beyond frustrated through to being amused at the whole payment debacle...). Let's just hope it doesn't take long for them to process the e-mail I sent.

Hopefully one or two of you may find this information helpful, so good luck!
Thanks for the info and I'm happy that your problem was solved but it still seems like a lot of trouble and mucking around for an issue that started entirely on their end.

Kastio
11.23.2012 , 06:13 AM | #710
I didnt menage to buy cartel coin but my card got charged for some "www.swtor.com Hoensbroek". *** its that. GIVE BACK MY MONEY. Bunch of ******* releasing beta products.