Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Grimmoir
11.22.2012 , 09:03 PM | #691
You were correct Lord_Karsk, as soon as my subscription came up for renewal it failed just like attempting to buy coins with any of my cards or paypal does, despite that card having been used to renew my subscription for the last couple of months. I took the easy way out though, went over to Origin and bought a 60 day digital time card to use. Just didn't think I would be civil on the phone with customer service. It should be noted that Origin (which is part of EA) had no problem processing the same card that Bioware's SWTOR site seems to have so many issues with. I hope they get this fixed, but as of right now they have exactly 60 days to get their act together, especially since I haven't logged in yet to see if anything got screwed up during the two hours my account was F2P.

-Grim

DarthMord
11.22.2012 , 09:18 PM | #692
Well that sucks. I'm glad I found this thread when I did. I was about to buy some cartel coins but now that I know the system is broken I'll wait. I hope they get it fixed cause I won't risk being charged and not getting what I paid for. Bioware I hope yet another paying customer adding to this list helps you realize you aren't going to make any money till you fix this issue. You can't have free to play without your cash shop. Seriously, this appears to be a problem that many of the user base is facing and not a peep? Bad business... EA should be all over you to get this fixed and release an immediate statement. I can't tell you the legal troubles you're in for if the wrong person gets pissed enough and has the funds to back up their anger. Personally, I'll just spread the word to my friends to keep away from buying cartel coins till I hear it's been fixed. 600+ posts and not a word from even a CS person, that's just wrong....
"Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb..."

Joehovah
11.22.2012 , 11:11 PM | #693
If you are having trouble resubbing it is linked to the cartel failures, after x amount of failures a day they lock your card for what has been reported as 24hrs. You could get on the phone and have a customer support worker re-activate your card... however there have been reports of multiple hour waits on there.

So here is something you can do to make sure your sub will work:

Step1: Log onto your account at swtor.com
Step2: Go to My Account > Subscription > show payment history > edit / delete your payment details
Step3: re-enter those details by trying to purchase something, save for next time if you want to.

IF step 3 worked:
DON'T try to buy any more cartel coins until they fix it, this is to ensure the card still works for subbing.

IF step 3 did not work:
There would have been an error saying something along the lines of "we could not use this card, please use another" and you will have to wait at least 24 hrs ( i recommend 48 just to be sure) before you can enter your card details again (this is to ensure the card lock is reset). After the waiting period go try to input your card details again, if it's still not working your only option is to call customer support.... and may god have mercy on your soul.

This doesn't fix cartel problems at all, this just allows people to keep subbing if they want to.

Hoping BW fixes this account bug reaaaaallllly soon, my sub is coming up and i'm not sure if i want to renew :S
Republic Scum
Joehoväh | Guardian Tank

Deimias
11.22.2012 , 11:23 PM | #694
This appears to be resolved for me. I have been able to pay with my credit card, and switch from my credit card to Paypal. I bought game time and coins without a problem. Earlier, I had all my payment methods rejected, and got charged and refunded on 2 one-time use cards, so I'm assuming that it's the same issue everyone else is facing.

Hi_Im_A_Sith
11.23.2012 , 12:05 AM | #695
Quote: Originally Posted by Deimias View Post
This appears to be resolved for me. I have been able to pay with my credit card, and switch from my credit card to Paypal. I bought game time and coins without a problem. Earlier, I had all my payment methods rejected, and got charged and refunded on 2 one-time use cards, so I'm assuming that it's the same issue everyone else is facing.
Works for me now, too. Finally

Harsisus
11.23.2012 , 02:10 AM | #696
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimmoir View Post
You were correct Lord_Karsk, as soon as my subscription came up for renewal it failed just like attempting to buy coins with any of my cards or paypal does, despite that card having been used to renew my subscription for the last couple of months. I took the easy way out though, went over to Origin and bought a 60 day digital time card to use. Just didn't think I would be civil on the phone with customer service. It should be noted that Origin (which is part of EA) had no problem processing the same card that Bioware's SWTOR site seems to have so many issues with. I hope they get this fixed, but as of right now they have exactly 60 days to get their act together, especially since I haven't logged in yet to see if anything got screwed up during the two hours my account was F2P.

-Grim
Not going to risk losing my sub either, so got the 60-day game time card (same payment card as is used here on SWToR, so we definitely know it's not the card that's the problem...). However from the posts hanging around here some people have not been granted coins for using game time cards - wondering if this will be the next problem now!

Kastio
11.23.2012 , 02:29 AM | #697
Its not working... There are no time codes on auction portals available now. It seem they stop selling them cause bioware gives lower prices for subscriptions but it doesn't work at all. Give some info when will it be repaired!

astronal
11.23.2012 , 02:39 AM | #698
this is still completely broken both my accounts are unable to use my credit card i assume mine have both been locked. This has been this way for about a week.
Its about time bioware tells us what is going on.

This hold user agreements we make with these company's don't give them the ability to completely rip us off. Ive bough cartel packs that didn't have more than 1 companion gift in them as well.... real money for one companion gift.. nice one bioware.

Gomando
11.23.2012 , 02:46 AM | #699
This happened to me few days ago. i couldn't buy coins anymore and i couldn't resub due to the credit card issue. I then used paypal and it worked for the coins and the sub.

L_Starbreeze
11.23.2012 , 03:10 AM | #700
FAIL. I removed my card to add another and now I cant, I was however able to add paypal, but unable to purchase more coins. I was going to leave for unrelated issues, changed my mind since it wasn't too bad. Can't even re-add the card that was on there originally.

I also read here someone stated that BW locks out a card after too many failed attempts??? Hope this isn't true, and honestly should be your personal bank that does this NOT BW. Either way should we have gotten some kind of notification on this?

also read some people's subs weren't renewing? tied in to the can't buy cartel coins issue? that's gonna piss off a lot of people. If for some reason my sub doesn't renew.....oh well. there are other games out there, sadly none are star wars....which I love.

I am usually pretty supportive but as of this past week you BW have failed, and after so long of ignoring issues it just starts to add up, straw that broke the camels back analogy comes to mind here, too many issues, poor customer service.