Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lord_Karsk
11.22.2012 , 01:24 PM | #681
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimmoir View Post
I have not been able to buy coins since the 17th now......and since the same card that pays for my subscription is the one being turned down for coins, its should be interesting to see if my subscription renews today or not. Luckily I haven't been charged for the 250+ attempts to purchase coins.

And Shameless Buump!

-Grim
I did not get charged for my sub after the bug, i hadd to sit in phone que 3 hours and the CS dude hadd to manualy charge my card.And after that it tok 3 more days until i could post on the forum.

Enddersshadow
11.22.2012 , 01:42 PM | #682
Quote: Originally Posted by caimesv View Post
Oh crap.. I've tried A LOT of times.. Perhaps I'll call the bank and stop trying :S
I just got a message from my financial institution because my situtaion is almost identical, and they said they were able to reach SWTOR and that they are holding the funds (even though it said FAILED on the transaction history from SWTOR) and will refund those funds, however it will take until Monday 11/26. My suggestion is to contact your financial institution and give them the information and attach a copy of your transaction history found in your Account history in SWTOR. First bit of good news I have heard since this began.

Asharic
11.22.2012 , 02:38 PM | #683
I've been trying to purchase and following this thread since launch as well and this is the first I've heard of any pending transaction problems without confirmation; and that has me nervous since my bank isn't showing anything...

Each attempt I made had the same results: I entered the amount, what card to use on file (also tried paypal with negative results), then clicked on the order button (tried the cache clear and different browser....nada) and then.....

NOTHING...

Nothing happened for seven days as of the writing of this post.

Happy Thanksgiving BW...I hope you choke on your turkey. Nothing fatal..just a long...slow....painful process as it digests...you know...like this wait on a fix has been.
Asharic Zell,
Ashla Legion "Fear none, Respect all."

http://ashlalegion.forumotion.com/

Caractacus
11.22.2012 , 02:46 PM | #684
Quote: Originally Posted by Marunette View Post
Update - called the customer service number on Skype and got through in less than an hour, and got to talk to, apparently, a person on a special team. So this is being looked into. =) I was left with a very good feeling about my call, even though it did take some time to get to the bottom of the issue.

I was told there was a limit to the number of transactions per day - 5 - and that it locks one out after that for 24 hours, and each attempt after that fails resets the lock. Now, I being a timid and careful buyer bought in several small packs... d'oh, lockout. >_< I wish I would have known then what I know now. I hope this is helpful for some of you who could buy first but now get the error message?

Special thanks to the person with the wonderful Irish accent who helped me, should be sorted by the time I next tackle the game. ^^
Ok, so, I've waited 24 hours, and I am still getting the "general error". I have to call BS. As nice as that particular irish person was, I dont think they know what they are talking about.

Also, BW, pls tell us what is going on. If I am being charged for all of my failed attempts I am going to be in the hole several thousand dollars. Plus, I want to buy some freakin coins.

Caractacus
11.22.2012 , 02:56 PM | #685
decided to try one more time with my tablet. Still getting the "general error".

schwartzpedro
11.22.2012 , 03:02 PM | #686
Still unable as well.

Hammerzzz
11.22.2012 , 04:04 PM | #687
Ugh so many days, so many failed attempts, so little response. Bump!

tirikun
11.22.2012 , 05:40 PM | #688
Almost a week later and it is still not fix. No information , no answer , nothing at all...
BW really do a bad work this time.

Stansman
11.22.2012 , 05:42 PM | #689
It would be interesting to know how many people this is affecting, I wonder if there are still quite a lot of players happily being able to buy as many coins as they like otherwise this thread would be even longer and we would be getting more official annoucements about the problem.

Yukiri
11.22.2012 , 06:21 PM | #690
+1 to the list of affected.

Ive had the gamut of problems this week. Bought $20 worth of coins on tuesday, got charged, never received coins (listed on my ledger though). Filed a ticket, been waiting two days now with no word from the ticket or sign of my coins. Actually succeeded and bought $10 worth of coins last night, now today like a glutton for punishment I attempt to buy more but the system says no.