Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Harsisus
11.22.2012 , 01:44 AM | #651
I sent in a ticket 2 days ago in a half rant, half questionable fashion (regarding the coins) and I got this response:

Quote:
Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us, regarding your recent Cartel Coin purchase.

We have become aware that players have encountered issues whilst attempting to purchase Cartel Coins from the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Store.

We would like to inform you that all Cartel Coins purchased should now have been granted to your account.

We are aware that people may experience delays whilst attempting to purchase Cartel Coins. Please note that all purchases made in such circumstances will correctly reward Cartel Coins.

If you are encountering an error whilst attempting to purchase Cartel Coins, please attempt the purchase again after 30 minutes. Make sure that your billing information is entered correctly and you are not accessing the website through a proxy server connection. After the purchase is completed it can take between 15 and 30 minutes until the cartel coins become visible to you In-Game.

Please note, that all purchases from the Cartel Market are final, as mentioned in the warnings displayed before the purchase is completed.

To learn more about the new free to play option and cartel coins please visit our help center:
http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6449.

Should you require further assistance with any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service
Result = "An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later."

Extire
11.22.2012 , 01:54 AM | #652
Quote: Originally Posted by Harsisus View Post
I sent in a ticket 2 days ago in a half rant, half questionable fashion (regarding the coins) and I got this response:

Result = "An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later."
I did the same thing 1 day ago, got the same message, same result >_>

Marunette
11.22.2012 , 01:56 AM | #653
Quote: Originally Posted by Pect View Post
Clearly that support guy lied to you on the phone, sorry but you really think its THAT simple? I waited 30-40 hours for my last attempt cause i got fed up checking everyday, and guess what. "Error" and neither can i setup a subcribtion with my CC that has had a swtor subscibtion since launch. Bioware and EA dont give a rats *** about how much we moan or how many pages our threads fill. And it has always been like that. Its why they given 3 auto responses to this thread, eventhough its 60+ pages long.
I did mention that this might be helpful to those who have the same problem as I have. I'm going away for the weekend starting today, so it'll be ample time for whatever 'lockouts' are in place to run out, and if they haven't, then I'll be back in contact with the CS. For your information, the person I talked to didn't give the 'bull manure' about clearing cookies or trying a new browser, so he seemed much more knowledgeable and to the point. From the vibe I got from him as a person over our long conversation and listening to him trying several things to pinpoint just what was wrong, he really wished to be of help, so lying would go against that. Of course, there are no guarantees, and I don't know 100% but I'm going to wait and see.

One thing that has been proven is that we 'gamers' seem to have zero patiences when it comes to things we believe we are entitled to, no questions asked. Even though everyone's clicking the same button repeatedly the system shouldn't run into problems. Even though everyone is calling the same number, there should be no queue and our call should be picked up -RIGHT NOW-. =/ Remember that we're all just human, guys. You _can_ find other things to do while you wait.
Sith Lady of the Sneers.
Cross the streams at your own risk.

Marunette
11.22.2012 , 01:58 AM | #654
Quote: Originally Posted by Wintermist View Post
That's a workaround, not a solution.

Some of us don't have that much time, for example, and wish to focus our time one something else thatn a simple grind. We have the cash to spend to help us skip that bit in game and just do what is fun instead.

But now, by the looks of it, in 7 days my account will turn F2P and I will not play it with those restrictions when I am really supposed to be paying and playing without any restrictions.

It started as a problem not being able to buy Cartel Coins, but now it looks like we can't even subscribe to the game anymore, and that's a REAL serious deal. I can live without Cartel Coins, but I will not play the F2P version of the game.
... call. the. customer. service. =P If you have time to vent on the forum, you have time to actually get your situation fixed. And if you bemoan the cost, use Skype or other VoIP.
Sith Lady of the Sneers.
Cross the streams at your own risk.

Kastio
11.22.2012 , 02:04 AM | #655
It still doesn't work... Well, I will wait until my subscriptions runs out and stop playing cause i cant play. Perfect solution. Thank you Bioware.

Didy_Kush
11.22.2012 , 04:54 AM | #656
bump!

Olath_Sanguine
11.22.2012 , 05:38 AM | #657
Waited over 24 hours since my last attempt and still get the error message.
So it hasn't locked me out,it's just being a whore.

**** you Bioware.

Hammerzzz
11.22.2012 , 06:18 AM | #658
Waited over 24 hours and cleared my browser cookies and hit refresh and still nothing. Same "General error has occured" bs.

Enddersshadow
11.22.2012 , 06:28 AM | #659
I still have the same 6 charges posted to my credit card from the transactions that gave me the "general error, please try again later" and the in-game ticket I sent in last week was never addressed or anything, but was marked Closed and I had to open another one that was less than cordial. This BUG or whatever it is has cost me a lot of REAL money and could have been a lot more if I hadn't checked to see that my credit card was posting the charges even though SWTOR shows them as failed. Its been almost a week now, and not once have I been able to talk to a human from SWTOR. And before this I never had a problem with the game or my card for that matter.
As far as being patient. This is a service we pay to have and are not recieving even adequate communication or updates much less solutions to many of the problems. I am glad to see that some are getting help,and Im sure they are overwhlemed, but thats just poor planning, and poor business practice.
That said, I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving (to those that celebrate it :-) ), and if not, just hope its a good day for all.

Stansman
11.22.2012 , 06:50 AM | #660
With all the problems that people are having, particulary the potential disaster of all the failed attempts possibly charging your credit card they really should be suspending all Store purchases until its sorted out.