Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Wintermist
11.21.2012 , 04:59 PM | #641
That's a workaround, not a solution.

Some of us don't have that much time, for example, and wish to focus our time one something else thatn a simple grind. We have the cash to spend to help us skip that bit in game and just do what is fun instead.

But now, by the looks of it, in 7 days my account will turn F2P and I will not play it with those restrictions when I am really supposed to be paying and playing without any restrictions.

It started as a problem not being able to buy Cartel Coins, but now it looks like we can't even subscribe to the game anymore, and that's a REAL serious deal. I can live without Cartel Coins, but I will not play the F2P version of the game.

Pect
11.21.2012 , 05:01 PM | #642
Quote: Originally Posted by Wintermist View Post
That's a workaround, not a solution.

Some of us don't have that much time, for example, and wish to focus our time one something else thatn a simple grind. We have the cash to spend to help us skip that bit in game and just do what is fun instead.

But now, by the looks of it, in 7 days my account will turn F2P and I will not play it with those restrictions when I am really supposed to be paying and playing without any restrictions.

It started as a problem not being able to buy Cartel Coins, but now it looks like we can't even subscribe to the game anymore, and that's a REAL serious deal. I can live without Cartel Coins, but I will not play the F2P version of the game.
I canceled my sub with my CC to test if deleting its info would work. Ofc it didnt, and i couldnt attach my card to it again, so i was without a sub to the game. But connecting my paypal worked for some off reason, so i got my sub back. Not sure if it works for you, but worth a try.

nazzeth
11.21.2012 , 06:10 PM | #643
Quote: Originally Posted by Wintermist View Post
I tried deleting my VISA account settings and enter it again, and now I can't even enter any new details. So God knows what will happen once it's time to renew the subscription in a few days time. BioWare, you're really starting to piss off people here.
If you call Customer Support and go through to Accounts and Billing they can add the VISA for you.

Quote: Originally Posted by RJHoehle View Post
Think that's the problem know one seems to know what is ahppning with the coin issue my guess is people bought so many they didn't expect it so have suspended it so game isn't flooded with items but this does goes against bioware/Ea money making regime

This wouldn't Explain the inability for people to pay for subscriptions. This Error is effecting the Entire Payment Gateway, not just the Cartel Coins.

Quote: Originally Posted by Marunette View Post
I was told there was a limit to the number of transactions per day - 5 -
I was also told this by CS, however it doesn't explain the Failure of the first 5 transactions. And I was trying to subscribe, not purchase Cartel Coins.

I have a feeling that The fact that this exists, is the reason no real movement has been made, It seems all the CS reps are just assuming this is the cause.

caimesv
11.21.2012 , 06:12 PM | #644
Wow is this ********* still happening? Can't believe it! I didn't play yesterday and I thought to myself "Hey it's Tuesday, maintenance day, perhaps tomorrow when I log I'll be able to buy some CC YEEEEEYYY!! " But guess what? I couldn't. I feel so disappointed.

PS. Sorry for swearing but I'm desperate

Olath_Sanguine
11.21.2012 , 06:40 PM | #645
I was expecting a Tuesday maitinence to fix the problem and when it didn't happen was hoping for a Wednesday,think this is the first time.I've been disappointed there wasn't a shut down for server maitinence.

But would a server maitinence fix the problem?
It's a problem with the site not an in game problem afterall.

Bump

sarazoul
11.21.2012 , 07:18 PM | #646
Quote: Originally Posted by Olath_Sanguine View Post
I was expecting a Tuesday maitinence to fix the problem and when it didn't happen was hoping for a Wednesday,think this is the first time.I've been disappointed there wasn't a shut down for server maitinence.

But would a server maitinence fix the problem?
It's a problem with the site not an in game problem afterall.

Bump

Same,

I din't see why everyone was hopping for the maintenance to change anything. This isn't an "in-game" issue.

Antiskeptic
11.21.2012 , 10:00 PM | #647
Comeonnn
//

DarkKnightCuron
11.21.2012 , 11:14 PM | #648
This is just based off of my own perception of things, but this feels like what's happening is almost malicious in nature. I mean, obviously, don't attribute to malice what can be easily explained as stupidity, but I don't think we should be ruling out an outside influence messing with the billing system for subs and CCs. Indeed, it would make sense for hackers (or what programs they use) to leap at the chance of finding out financial information through a huge F2P transition. If this were the case, then that could explain why BW is being rather quiet with us: they don't really want to admit that something bad-wrong has gone down.

But like I said, this is just based off of my own perceptions. The other half of my brain is saying "someone probably just misplaced three semi-colons in the code."

white_phoenix
11.22.2012 , 12:44 AM | #649
Still can't buy coins by credit card. Switched to ea points, after a few purchases, that is now locked out, with still $120 balance. :-( What the hell, bioware and ea?

Bump
The Force is your destruction and I am it's instrument!

Stansman
11.22.2012 , 12:57 AM | #650
I'm not surprised that the coin buying system went down..there are always teething troubles when new systems are introduced but the fact that its been going on for so many days with so few official announcements is a worry.