Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Wraiven
01.07.2013 , 11:12 AM | #1871
Quote: Originally Posted by Mister_Awesome View Post
I just got off the phone with Customer Support. The easiest way I can encourage would be to call them via Skype, and use that handy headset you have for TS and wait. My wait was only 15 minutes and it took little over 5 to get it resolved.

You just go through a few "Press this number" to get to Account and Billing support then wait for an agent. He/she will ask you questions to verify you are the owner of the account like your Security Questions and then they'll simply proceed to give you access to purchase once again.

Quick and harmless, no more than 20 minutes it took me, then again I called at 11am EST. Hope that helps!
Then you got lucky. It took me forever to get a hold of somebody who could actually help me. I had to take a photo of my DL and send it to them via email. That was two day ago and I am still waiting...
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

Nigredo
01.07.2013 , 11:37 AM | #1872
i got bored so i posted a link to this thread on twitter, Facebook ,G4, and every other site my guild is affiliated with let see how negative publicity and all round general flaming of EA and SWTOR works since using this forum does not i encourage you all to do the same.

Wraiven
01.07.2013 , 12:23 PM | #1873
Quote: Originally Posted by Nigredo View Post
i got bored so i posted a link to this thread on twitter, Facebook ,G4, and every other site my guild is affiliated with let see how negative publicity and all round general flaming of EA and SWTOR works since using this forum does not i encourage you all to do the same.
Here is the thing, I was told that Bioware/EA does this deliberately to accounts who purchase too many items within a 24 hour period as an internal security measure.

First off, I never asked them to "secure" my card for me. If something goes wrong with my card, I can take care of that myself without them making me jump through a thousand hoops to fix their issue.

Secondly, if they really feel it necessary to add this security measure, then perhaps they should make us aware of this security issue before we even make our first purchase.

Third, it should never be set in stone, there should be an option for us to opt out of this security in our user settings someplace to prevent this issue from occurring in the first place.

But none of the above exist, instead they want to tell us, "We are looking in to it, sorry about your luck "...and play it off as though it is something that was not their fault, but the fault of your own by telling you to call your bank, try a new card, disable the card and apply it again, check your browser settings...blah blah blah...diversion from what the real problem is. Nothing worse than when a company pretends like you are stupid by attempting to placate you.
-FIGHT-

Wraiven
01.07.2013 , 12:30 PM | #1874
To make matters worse, I sat on hold for over a half hour, finally got in touch with somebody...who placed me on hold again for over an hour now while transferring me to another tech. Now I have to leave and all that time on hold is useless since I will now have to hang up the phone so I can leave the house. Man, this crap just gets better and better.
-FIGHT-

Yokes
01.07.2013 , 02:14 PM | #1875
Hey all,

I cant believe this problems still persists. This has been happening to me since December
I haven't been able to purchase Cartel Coins, a recurring Subscription, and the pre-order for the expansion pack.
My Credit Card is totally fine and have to purchase a Digital Time Card from EA's Origin Shop....so if i can buy from Origin and other places with my Card then whats up with SWTOR?
Is it Bioware's/EA's secret plan to stop people from purchasing too much Cartel/Bloackade packs? Hahaha "EA's Gambling Prevention Program" perhaps???

Nigredo
01.07.2013 , 03:09 PM | #1876
dunno but i can't speak my mind about i already got my hand slapped for voicing my opinion... seems there are some thin skinned forum monkey's on here so gotta keep it PG..

EA Bioware... is an abomination..

killthorne
01.07.2013 , 03:16 PM | #1877
Quote:
Here is the thing, I was told that Bioware/EA does this deliberately to accounts who purchase too many items within a 24 hour period as an internal security measure.

First off, I never asked them to "secure" my card for me. If something goes wrong with my card, I can take care of that myself without them making me jump through a thousand hoops to fix their issue.

Secondly, if they really feel it necessary to add this security measure, then perhaps they should make us aware of this security issue before we even make our first purchase.

Third, it should never be set in stone, there should be an option for us to opt out of this security in our user settings someplace to prevent this issue from occurring in the first place.

But none of the above exist, instead they want to tell us, "We are looking in to it, sorry about your luck "...and play it off as though it is something that was not their fault, but the fault of your own by telling you to call your bank, try a new card, disable the card and apply it again, check your browser settings...blah blah blah...diversion from what the real problem is. Nothing worse than when a company pretends like you are stupid by attempting to placate you.
Exactly. My bank already verifies purchases for me. I don't need two or three companies creating an online obstacle course for me. If I went and spent a grand over on Steam, I'd get a call from the bank, not from Steam.

Anyways, I am not going to call CS. I should not have to. I simply won't be spending money on Cartel Coins until they fix it on their end. No skin off my back.

~Killthorne~
" The more you tighten your grip Tarken, the more star systems will slip through your fingers." - Princess Leia

Sylas Tabe, CEO of Starslayer Inc.

Erfin
01.07.2013 , 05:45 PM | #1878
Even if you didn't ask them to secure your information for you, it's an insurance liability if your information gets compromised from their hands. If you dropped off your vehicle at a repair shop, and the shop left your car outside with the key in the car then someone steals it, It's their fault. Bioware/EA has information on thousands or millions of customers. It won't be cost effective to just secure one or select customer's information so you secure all of them. Can you imagine if at least half these people have their information compromised and loses money? bio/ea would go bankrupt from all the lawsuits or whatever. I'm not taking their side or anyone's, yea the glitch with the passive fraud counter-measure bugged out is their issue. But some people on here are just being unreasonable. So what if they have your picture and name on image you email them? They already have that info when you entered your billing address when you purchased something. They just want physical proof thats you who's using the card or whatever. They can't just unlock every account that was blocked off. Because some or many of them are actually blocked off cause of fraud. You sending them information would just help make it easier determining which ones to unblock. I waited 3 weeks before I finally decided to send my ID with just my picture and name showing with a piece of paper next to it with my email for my ea/bio account. If there's any breach through their part after that then I'll do something.

JamieKirby
01.07.2013 , 06:06 PM | #1879
Quote: Originally Posted by Erfin View Post
Even if you didn't ask them to secure your information for you, it's an insurance liability if your information gets compromised from their hands. If you dropped off your vehicle at a repair shop, and the shop left your car outside with the key in the car then someone steals it, It's their fault. Bioware/EA has information on thousands or millions of customers. It won't be cost effective to just secure one or select customer's information so you secure all of them. Can you imagine if at least half these people have their information compromised and loses money? bio/ea would go bankrupt from all the lawsuits or whatever. I'm not taking their side or anyone's, yea the glitch with the passive fraud counter-measure bugged out is their issue. But some people on here are just being unreasonable. So what if they have your picture and name on image you email them? They already have that info when you entered your billing address when you purchased something. They just want physical proof thats you who's using the card or whatever. They can't just unlock every account that was blocked off. Because some or many of them are actually blocked off cause of fraud. You sending them information would just help make it easier determining which ones to unblock. I waited 3 weeks before I finally decided to send my ID with just my picture and name showing with a piece of paper next to it with my email for my ea/bio account. If there's any breach through their part after that then I'll do something.
Not good enough.

astronal
01.08.2013 , 12:46 AM | #1880
Quote: Originally Posted by Erfin View Post
get real.
The new zealand toll free number doesnt work.. so the only one I can get to work costs about 2 dollars a minute overseas, they want me to ring them at 3am in the morning my time and sit on hold for hours costing me money.

There is zero excuse, if they were being honest they would front up on here not hide for 6 weeks with heads in the sand like they have done pretending it doesnt exist as an issue.
I will not be resubbing at all ive had enough of it and this game.
I believe the company to be completely dishonest because of the lack of feedback on this issue and why would i spend any more money on what seems like a fraudulent company who does not care about their consumers.

6 weeks they cancelled all my tickets my accounts both lapsed i rang them five times with toll calls, had nothing fixed.
They are the definition of PATHETIC customer service.