Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Testablewalnut
01.01.2013 , 08:20 PM | #1751
Quote: Originally Posted by mArchangel View Post
Interesting how quickly demography of playing landscape seems to change these days. I fail to see how a broken Cartel Market for a day or two is a major game breaker. I find all this rant about how 'emberassing' and how 'unprofessional' this is as complete rubbish and a waste of time. Secondly, as far as I know the issue also involves Origin(EA's online store facility) thus the problem is EA side and seems a little more serious obviously. More info would be nice, but you know one can also just simply subscribe for a lousy 10 quid a month and earn items and fun. Was actually how this game was intended if you had all forgotten in your Cartel Coin frenzy.

So sit it out. Will come back online. Simmer a little-indeed holidays-go have fun-PLAY the game!

Greetings from down under
Its not so much the CC problem for me, I cant even renew my sub. A few friends can't either. I can still play F2P but i can't even buy more bag space because i dont have any CC's. I dont have the credits at the moment to splash 20k+ on bag and cargo space.

Floofykins
01.01.2013 , 08:21 PM | #1752
Quote: Originally Posted by Nigredo View Post
I found a somewhat competent Indian from the Customer Service Department via Phone..

Dial 1-855-467-9867 (SWTOR)

Apparently the EA store thinks that people who buy items from them are hacking accounts to do so.. so if you… oh say over the holiday buy a good size amount of their product they have a trailer trash security system that blocks that card from being used and then promptly blocks that account from loading any other card.

Bio-Ware isn’t to blame it’s the inept rectal monkey’s at EA that caused the issue to not only this game but everything under the umbrella of Origin/EA so if you got block I guess you get the luxury of not paying this seeping sewer of a company any more money until they decide you can..

Now on with the show!
if this is the case shouldn't they have sent us an email about it being blocked? or to make a verification about it or some such?

Fuzion_Fire
01.01.2013 , 08:54 PM | #1753
This is ridiculous I just want to spend my money on this stupid game and enjoy it!!!!

TheKingsVillian
01.01.2013 , 08:56 PM | #1754
I was not able to buy cartel coins on my normal account, but I was able to make a brand new sub with the same credit card then on that new account two seconds after subbing I cant buy cartel coins, hmmmmmmmm Broken system much????

And yes if there is a daily limit regarding how many packs can be bought it should be IN CAPS ON THE STORES MAIN PAGE.

msavo
01.01.2013 , 09:56 PM | #1755
Yup can't buy them at all. Getting an error.

Nigredo
01.01.2013 , 10:34 PM | #1756
Quote: Originally Posted by Floofykins View Post
if this is the case shouldn't they have sent us an email about it being blocked? or to make a verification about it or some such?
you would think right? or if they thought that my account was "hacked" as the rep put it they would have used the phone number in my contact info? but no they use some circus app that does the work for them and then we have to spend a hour on the phone with some half educated nit wit who then proceed to "escalate" the issue on up the chain...
Llofnod dileu o ganlyniad i cymedrolwyr facist

Sauin
01.01.2013 , 10:59 PM | #1757
Receiving the exact same message when trying to purchase from the Origin Store as well.

Looks like its going to be a long/complicated EA fix rather than just a SWTOR problem
"I was gonna pwn the galaxy tonight, but I took a patch in the knee "

AngelDarkchylde
01.01.2013 , 11:55 PM | #1758
The CC issue isn't a game breaker for me. I just find it a tad frustrating is all. I'll try phoning tomorrow after work actually. Because the 'card block' sounds like the most probable for my case. Since I have been getting a large amount of them, with a specific goal in mind for all my characters, which at the time was 8 total.

But I personally don't understand why there are the "oh I'm not going to play this if it ain't fixed" rants.

CaliVenom
01.02.2013 , 12:03 AM | #1759
would love a CS droid to even read this thread and be generic and say "we are aware of the issue and are working on resolving it" but as it is right now... i think everyone is on holiday and not fixing anything

Fuzion_Fire
01.02.2013 , 12:05 AM | #1760
I guess they can't all be on holiday someone had to be there over the last couple of days to break the game and cause this issue because i purchased CC just yesterday and the day before.