Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ralras
12.30.2012 , 10:26 PM | #1691
Quote: Originally Posted by ClaudiusDK View Post
Well, my problem wasn't just I was unable to buy coins, but I had followed the advice from a forum support to remove my CC info and add it again. Whereafter I was unable to enter my details again.
And he then entered them manually.
I was given that advice to remove my CC and re-add it in a ticket reply, but then read several CS posts in this thread, as well as the multitude of related ones that have been around the last few days, that warned against doing exactly that. Thats why I bothered to phone them first, and it just bugs me that there is any kind of work around for this, yet I was explicitly and repeatedly told there was nothing else they could do without ID. Seems CS needs to get their act together and decide whats going on, and what their policies are, because atm they seem to keep contradicting themselves at every turn.

Chromey
12.30.2012 , 11:05 PM | #1692
Why are we all locked out from buying more Cartel Coins and pre-ordering their expansion? Would have liked to buy more Cartel Coins for a couple days now. I submitted a ticket a few days ago and was able to get the expansion pre-ordered... Do they want money or not for the other stuff...? *is honestly curious!*

GhostDrone
12.31.2012 , 07:19 AM | #1693
Well, using PayPal fixed the NU2001 for me.

Just thought i should through that out there for people who haven't tried it yet.
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest, honestly.

It's the honest ones you want to watch out for. Because you can never predict when they're gonna do something incredibly stupid.

Malthuras
12.31.2012 , 08:18 AM | #1694
Just sharing my experience, which unfortunately is what most people here are experiencing...

I made several cartel coin purchases, all going through fine, no issues whatsoever awesome...

Then I started getting the error codes like everyone else now apparently is. I sent two ingame tickets, one was a generic standard reply, and the other just showed the ticket wiped out with no answer..

Ok, i'll bite and call customer support...

Same thing, got transferred, and he attempted to make a purchase and said it failed. He then said they needed my ID to contact my credit card company on my behalf. Refusing to acknowledge that its a problem with the EA/Origin bs payment system. Naturally like everyone else, I refused. I then cancelled my subscription, I will not play a game where it takes this much effort to give them money.

The best part was, I then noticed a pending charge on my credit card for an amount, from www.swtor.com. Weeelll looks like they can charge my card but not credit me anything. I disputed the charge, and as its still pending if it does go through, I'm going to fight them on this. The customer service for this game has been utterly horrid, and I will not support or play this game anymore for the amount of bs that you have to go through to GIVE THEM MONEY.

The sad part is, I'm a founder with a CE, and was really enjoying the game and excited about the new expansion. Guess it doesn't matter anymore.
I don't care who you are, I don't care what your story is. Give me a name, pay more than they do, and they will die. You can try and escape, but you'll never run far enough. I WILL find you

CartelCrimeLord
12.31.2012 , 08:33 AM | #1695
Wow started a new account could sub for 60 days non reoccurring, couldn't pay by paypal, WORKED with credit card.

Goto buy the 5400 Cartel coin pack. no love error nu2001. Straight of on a brand new account.........***

So now i have 3 accounts which all could sub no problem but cannot buy cartel coins with either paypal or credit card.

FILLED WITH RAGE.

CartelCrimeLord
12.31.2012 , 08:38 AM | #1696
19. Electronic Contracting

You acknowledge and agree that by clicking the “Order for payment” (or similar) button when you place your order, you are placing a legally binding offer. You consent to: (i) the use of electronic communications to enter into contracts and place orders with EA; and (ii) the electronic delivery of notices, policies and records of transactions initiated or completed by you online. You have the right to withdraw this consent, but if you do, EA may cancel your access to the Star Wars: The Old Republic Services. If you do not consent to receive any notices electronically, you must stop using the Star Wars: The Old Republic Services. As long as you place orders with us online, you agree that you will have access to the necessary software and hardware to receive electronic records from us in connection with transactions initiated or completed by you online.

SO I HAVE A CONTRACT WITH YOU AND YOU ARE FAILING TO DELIVER

Hachirowan
12.31.2012 , 08:38 AM | #1697
Quote: Originally Posted by Malthuras View Post
Just sharing my experience, which unfortunately is what most people here are experiencing...

I made several cartel coin purchases, all going through fine, no issues whatsoever awesome...

Then I started getting the error codes like everyone else now apparently is. I sent two ingame tickets, one was a generic standard reply, and the other just showed the ticket wiped out with no answer..

Ok, i'll bite and call customer support...

Same thing, got transferred, and he attempted to make a purchase and said it failed. He then said they needed my ID to contact my credit card company on my behalf. Refusing to acknowledge that its a problem with the EA/Origin bs payment system. Naturally like everyone else, I refused. I then cancelled my subscription, I will not play a game where it takes this much effort to give them money.

The best part was, I then noticed a pending charge on my credit card for an amount, from www.swtor.com. Weeelll looks like they can charge my card but not credit me anything. I disputed the charge, and as its still pending if it does go through, I'm going to fight them on this. The customer service for this game has been utterly horrid, and I will not support or play this game anymore for the amount of bs that you have to go through to GIVE THEM MONEY.

The sad part is, I'm a founder with a CE, and was really enjoying the game and excited about the new expansion. Guess it doesn't matter anymore.
Wait, Bioware CS is now calling our banks on our behalf? I've already called my bank twice to verify that there was no issue with my debit card on file which has worked fine with EA/BW since I bought SWTOR over a year ago.

I was able to purchase the expansion successfully on 12/30/12, but I still cannot purchase coins. Wouldn't that tell you at EA/BW that my billing information is in fact working and the problem is within your system?

Also, when I look at my subscription within Manage my Account, it shows that I am Subscribed to the 30 day plan and next billing date is 2/13/13. But when i look under Payment History it shows that My current Subscription is One Month Recurring, Next Billing Date: Canceled , Payment Method: None, Subscirption end date: 15 Mar 2013.

***, your website doesn't even know I have a subscription.
Imperial Ground Forces

Malthuras
12.31.2012 , 09:17 AM | #1698
Quote: Originally Posted by Hachirowan View Post
Wait, Bioware CS is now calling our banks on our behalf? I've already called my bank twice to verify that there was no issue with my debit card on file which has worked fine with EA/BW since I bought SWTOR over a year ago.

I was able to purchase the expansion successfully on 12/30/12, but I still cannot purchase coins. Wouldn't that tell you at EA/BW that my billing information is in fact working and the problem is within your system?
I was told that they needed my drivers license to contact Visa directly. The funny part was, I have two different credit cards on file, both a Visa and a Mastercard, and NEITHER of them are working. Yet they were still making it out like its a problem with the credit card companies and not their system. Right, the two most used credit cards in the world are having problems not your billing system...brilliant right?
I don't care who you are, I don't care what your story is. Give me a name, pay more than they do, and they will die. You can try and escape, but you'll never run far enough. I WILL find you

CthulhusLawyer
12.31.2012 , 09:18 AM | #1699
Pending authorizations are common on credit cards, its the only way the merchant can claim their money for services rendered. They get dropped after 30 days if the merchant doesn't claim them. You can always dispute them or talk to an Account Manager on your bank to have them removed. It also helps if you print out the breakdown from your SWTOR account as some evidence in the horrible case the **** it up.... It that ever happens ill be the first one to fly over and light their building on fire
THIS JUST IN.........A pack of Rancors ate the SWTOR Billing Department !!! More at 5

Malthuras
12.31.2012 , 09:23 AM | #1700
Quote: Originally Posted by CthulhusLawyer View Post
Pending authorizations are common on credit cards, its the only way the merchant can claim their money for services rendered. They get dropped after 30 days if the merchant doesn't claim them. You can always dispute them or talk to an Account Manager on your bank to have them removed. It also helps if you print out the breakdown from your SWTOR account as some evidence in the horrible case the **** it up.... It that ever happens ill be the first one to fly over and light their building on fire
Its funny that you actually made me feel better considering you're Cthulhu's Lawyer haha