Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TexasMarine
12.22.2012 , 01:03 AM | #1561
I have been able to get around this issue by going to PayPal. Just make sure your account is set to require log-in upon purchase. This causes the payment to go through PayPal and the actual EA payment system instead of the SWTOR payment system. I can't guarantee this option will work for everyone but it should be a good work around for most.

RetardRaptor
12.22.2012 , 04:05 AM | #1562
gona be an old man by the time they fix this

Solgath
12.22.2012 , 05:23 AM | #1563
i'd like to see them enable the Boku payment option, i gave up waiting for them to fix my issue with my card so i spent my money on some games from the steam sale, i still want more coins however and i have a phone, on a plan, and i'm willing to pay that way to get more coins... problem being atm is that the option doesn't work... first time i tried to use it, it said i couldn't use this option to get coins... ok, then why the hell is it there in the first place? its taunting me....
now it just gives me the same error as last time, the whole didn't work try again later, error...

JamieKirby
12.22.2012 , 07:14 AM | #1564
Well, i know for sure if they don't sort this out within the next 30-35 days, i will no longer be playing this game and the amount of money i would have spent on the cartel store would have been ALOT, i am surprised that they haven't fixed this by now, considering how greedy EA is, i mean, like all companies, they are fast to take money, but slow to give it back, but being too slow to fix something that allows us to give more money to them seems rather stupid.

If they want to shoot themselves in the foot, i would have thought they would have been more imaginative about it, like how Sony delibrately screwed over SWG with updates that the players specifically said were crap, maybe they are delibrately screwing over their own game......who knows.

hattonator
12.22.2012 , 08:10 AM | #1565
Quote: Originally Posted by La_Trix View Post
I loled
i would LOL if i were not so blimmin hacked off!!! Infract this then!
:

ClaudiusDK
12.22.2012 , 09:06 AM | #1566
Just pondering.. any subcriper that gotten locked out and it didn't auto renew the subcription.. and then opend up again, have you lost your bonus complementary cartel coins?
Did you get your bonus coins when the subcription should be renewed?

Keep an eye out if you got locked/unlocked and if you didn't get the complementary cartel coins.

Just speculating. Since no one really got an idea of how the system works anymore.

delCastillo
12.22.2012 , 11:38 AM | #1567
dont underestimate the power of the ...

Bump
DelCastillo

sormac
12.22.2012 , 12:15 PM | #1568
i sent customer service an email of my situation and the response email i got back suggested i remove my credit cards and then put them back on my account. I did this and yes i got the new red message code error NU2001. their other suggestion was that if that did not work that i needed to call the customer service phone number for my area due to the fact of security for my account. Well from what I read on here people have not gotten a fix even from doing that. what is crazy is my account was working fine up until last tuesdays maintenance when they added the preorder for the new patch. this states buy before January 7 and pay only 9.99 but we can't buy anything and we will be all buying it at the regular price of 19.99. I don't want to have to go back to paypal as i have trust issues there. I see the list of people is growing now as more and more people are having this issue. I wonder is someone uploaded a virus that is slowly working its way through all bioware accounts as this started in November but only recently hit my account. It should be noted that I had 4 different cards on my account. My next recurring prepayment is not due to May 2013 so at least I can still play. But alas i guess i'm not getting the upgrade. Bioware take notice and fix this or your going back down the tubes and people will leave again.

Itchy_Bum
12.22.2012 , 01:21 PM | #1569
Yes I decided to call customer support still waiting after 10 minutes. Can not by cartel coins or the new expansion, I am hoping they extend the time to get the bonus from expansion if it is not fixed by the time the deadline to buy it cheaper expires.
Ivan 55 guard Bob_buffet 55 merc Yuliya-jr 55 mando Yuliya 55 scound Bodacious 55 sorc Ivanocha 55 Shad Cranky_pants 55 jugg El-Pollo-Loco 55 snip Mainwaring vg Itchy-bum guardian

delCastillo
12.22.2012 , 03:21 PM | #1570
Quote: Originally Posted by sormac View Post
i sent customer service an email of my situation and the response email i got back suggested i remove my credit cards and then put them back on my account. I did this and yes i got the new red message code error NU2001. their other suggestion was that if that did not work that i needed to call the customer service phone number for my area due to the fact of security for my account. Well from what I read on here people have not gotten a fix even from doing that. what is crazy is my account was working fine up until last tuesdays maintenance when they added the preorder for the new patch. this states buy before January 7 and pay only 9.99 but we can't buy anything and we will be all buying it at the regular price of 19.99. I don't want to have to go back to paypal as i have trust issues there. I see the list of people is growing now as more and more people are having this issue. I wonder is someone uploaded a virus that is slowly working its way through all bioware accounts as this started in November but only recently hit my account. It should be noted that I had 4 different cards on my account. My next recurring prepayment is not due to May 2013 so at least I can still play. But alas i guess i'm not getting the upgrade. Bioware take notice and fix this or your going back down the tubes and people will leave again.

A virus would certainly explain the lack of acknowledgement from BW and the spread would also make some sense.
If it is a virus i hope the fact that I cannot add a credit card info anymore would be something to be happy about hehe
DelCastillo