Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Shadix
12.20.2012 , 05:11 PM | #1501
I'm adding myself to the list of people who can't purchase cartel coins.

Spoke with CS after only a 10 minute hold. After plainly telling me that it was a problem on her end (swtor) she immediately makes me delete my card to try and re-enter it which gave me this error:

"We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card. Please load a different one."

So not only can I not buy cartel coins, I can't add my card back to keep my recurring subscription active. Awesome!

Spoke with my bank and there are no holds or bars on my account, and I purchased the expansion 2 days ago with the same card.

What gives, EAware?

Valyne
12.20.2012 , 05:11 PM | #1502
I am still unable to buy cartel coins and why they have not even mentioned people are having this issue disgusts me.

Solgath
12.20.2012 , 05:36 PM | #1503
*sigh* i've got the issue now to, hit the invisible limit, waited 24hrs still can't buy coins, waste of time ringing them, there systems are updating so nothing can be done... this is a complete joke.

MrClarkson
12.20.2012 , 06:08 PM | #1504
Both my Visa debit cards blocked.
My mastercard isn't being accepted.
Wife's visa debit isn't being accepted.
Paypal isn't being accepted.

Auto renewing subscription also failed. Unable to resub using any of the above.

In the end went to Amazon and bought a GTC to keep my sub up and be allowed to post here.

That fact there has been zero reponse from Bioware here is shocking.

Last transaction was on 22nd November, fingers crossed this 30 day lockout is true.
Agramon - Juggernaut

Hachirowan
12.20.2012 , 06:25 PM | #1505
I myself have been unable to buy more coins, but I am being charged each attempt...

Also, what is this 30 day lockout ****?
Imperial Ground Forces

MrClarkson
12.20.2012 , 06:34 PM | #1506
Somewhere in this thread someone mentioned they'd spoke to CS and was informed that cards get blocked for 30 days if over used (multiple purchases). Not sure if true.

What is really bad is not even being allowed to subscribe, I picked the 30 day option after I was unable to purchase more coins and all looked fine, no payment error messages at all. When it came to actually taking the payment a couple of weeks later I get an email saying payment refused and I was busted back down to prefered status. Was unable to post here as a result.

Still got the original card used to purchase the game linked to the account, any attempt to register anything else fails.
Agramon - Juggernaut

Balthlazar
12.20.2012 , 06:43 PM | #1507
The gist is, you come against a invisible wall with regards to security if you buy too many cartel coins too fast. The system then flags you as suspicious and locks you out. its not a new issue (2 weeks for me) and its quite aggravating due to the fact there is no response from BW at all.

Im not calling CS again after ya'll hung up on me last night so it might be worthwhile to post a update on the CS boards here instead of making more and more people angry. Im trying to be as accommodating as possible with BW cause the company was started in my home town but this is pushing even my own limits.

JamieKirby
12.20.2012 , 07:18 PM | #1508
Quote: Originally Posted by Balthlazar View Post
The gist is, you come against a invisible wall with regards to security if you buy too many cartel coins too fast. The system then flags you as suspicious and locks you out. its not a new issue (2 weeks for me) and its quite aggravating due to the fact there is no response from BW at all.

Im not calling CS again after ya'll hung up on me last night so it might be worthwhile to post a update on the CS boards here instead of making more and more people angry. Im trying to be as accommodating as possible with BW cause the company was started in my home town but this is pushing even my own limits.
I find it funny how they flag us for spending money too fast, its quite funny........the first money grabbing company to slowdown our spending of money. lol

ClaudiusDK
12.20.2012 , 07:44 PM | #1509
Yeah, they really didn't prepare thier security system for the real-money store. ^^

Aexion
12.20.2012 , 08:21 PM | #1510

OK i am now officially fricken PISSED OFF!!!! A week and a half ago i opened a ticket regarding this LOCK where i can't purchase any more cartel coins. I heard nothing so i updated my ticket 3 days ago. I log on this morning and see that my petition is now set to CLOSED and i DID NOT so much as get any response. They simply closed my petition. WHAT are you people at CS doing? WHY must you insist on making us seriously pissed off like this? ALL we want to do is buy more coins, update our subs, heaven forbid... buy the expansion. But you simply don't seem to want our money. WHAT DOES IT TAKE for you people to open your eyes and see how many people you are going to lose because of your incompetance?

But to CLOSE a petition without so much as a BOO about anything is not acceptable. The rate at which this company is going, they will be up to the elbows in law suits. This is not how a business should be run. I have a perfectly good CC and never ever had any issues with any game or purchasing ANYTHING until i tried to buy more cartel coins. So the problem is on your end, not ours.

And yes i am venting because this is now beyond ridiculous. They think that by closing your petition, you will go away. But that would also mean, people will walk away from the game and never to return. This game needs all the support it can get because it can so easily die. It's been dying since launch. And with this BS now with not being able to purchase the goods on cartel will make even more people quit. Esp if you can't even upgrade your subs because they simply reject it.

I re-opened another ticket yet again and demanded that they do NOT close this ticket without so much as any response because that is being very unprofessional, and not to mention... not good business practices. How do they hope to keep customers around with doing this sort of thing.

Anyway.... i came back to this game about a month ago and seriously am starting to regret this decision. Its been nothing but a big headache for nearly 2 weeks now.