Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CthulhusLawyer
12.19.2012 , 08:02 PM | #1461
General Error
An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later.

Still getting crit by this message of death....
Funny how ppl try to give you money and you haven't solved the issue on your sales end and clear it out. Stores would kill for a rabid fanbase that wants to give them money yet you guys seem to be sitting on your hands. Maybe since Ray and Greg retired you no longer know how to do some money

RetardRaptor
12.19.2012 , 08:02 PM | #1462
Ok so here's what im getting out of all this info that has been posted.

The fact they want the id has nothing to do with paypal or your credit card company at all. They are using the id to verify the name and are taking the security measure off your account. They are not fixing the actual problem just working around it by disabling the security feature. They do not need our id's to do this they could do it over phone with confirming security questions.I found it funny when i was told that they needed my id so they could contact paypal to resolve the issue when the purchase was not getting rejected by paypal but bioware themselves. There must be an issue in there system that triggers the security feature but does not trigger the timer and release date. They are at least admitting to their mistake now but still no idea when it will be fixed. I still am puzzled by the fact that something like this could go on for so long considering its nature.

spond
12.19.2012 , 08:08 PM | #1463
Well, I still have not received my 500 cartel coins for the December sub period. I guess we'll just need to keep this thread at the top. Don't understand how this issue has not bee addressed yet.

Septora
12.19.2012 , 08:25 PM | #1464
Sames happening with me too, even using my credit card or paypal
Sons of Caw Hall | AUS/NZ Time zone | Focusing on raid progression and casual fun http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=445195

Stansman
12.19.2012 , 08:40 PM | #1465
Quote: Originally Posted by RetardRaptor View Post
Ok so here's what im getting out of all this info that has been posted.

The fact they want the id has nothing to do with paypal or your credit card company at all. They are using the id to verify the name and are taking the security measure off your account. They are not fixing the actual problem just working around it by disabling the security feature. They do not need our id's to do this they could do it over phone with confirming security questions.I found it funny when i was told that they needed my id so they could contact paypal to resolve the issue when the purchase was not getting rejected by paypal but bioware themselves. There must be an issue in there system that triggers the security feature but does not trigger the timer and release date. They are at least admitting to their mistake now but still no idea when it will be fixed. I still am puzzled by the fact that something like this could go on for so long considering its nature.
I can confirm that they dont need your ID to fix this, just the security questions. It seems to depend on who you get, I certainly wont be sending them scans of anything.

CthulhusLawyer
12.19.2012 , 09:01 PM | #1466
Why on hell would you send your ID across the world to someone that you will never see but has all your financial info in front of their eyes... Accounts and internet banking is my living , my job and I don't get this. This is a POS issue, rejected by the seller , not a single authorization request has been presented to my Visa account...

Balthlazar
12.19.2012 , 09:09 PM | #1467
Quote: Originally Posted by CthulhusLawyer View Post
Why on hell would you send your ID across the world to someone that you will never see but has all your financial info in front of their eyes... Accounts and internet banking is my living , my job and I don't get this. This is a POS issue, rejected by the seller , not a single authorization request has been presented to my Visa account...
what he said... i cant believe ppl, i was hoping to god they asked me for my ID... that would have been "cancelled sub" right then and there

EMagnolo
12.19.2012 , 09:19 PM | #1468
does bioware even have an expected date of fixture or am i supposed to sit idly by waiting to buy coins?

Balthlazar
12.19.2012 , 10:34 PM | #1469
well it seems they're avoiding giving us any info cause if they set a time frame ppl will get mad and leave if they dont fix it in time and if they dont fix it for aextended period theyre losing crap tons of money, though i imagine theyre still getting flow from ppl sending them their ID... lol i still cant belive that

QuintessaSHeera
12.19.2012 , 10:57 PM | #1470
I tried calling them back tonight...got another incompetent on the phone who tried to "escalate" my call to a higher tier of CS. I was put on hold for over 2 hours. THEN...I was disconnected/hung up on.

So, I called them right back. This time, I got a nice young guy who apologized profusely for Bioware's lousy handling of the situation.

He couldn't fix the problem (it is above his level), but he did admit the following:

1. Bioware is aware it is THEIR problem. He apologized that they tend to blame their customers for issues they are having on their end.

2. Bioware is NOT giving any information about when it will be fixed or even what is really causing it (other than that it is an issue linked originally to the Cartel market that has somehow gotten worse and that billing and security are the ones who have to work on it)...The CS staff isn't getting more information, but they are the ones catching most of the hell for it.

3. There is an issue with their phone system now, too. Instead of coming on and telling the waiting caller that the billing office is closed for the day, it just eventually cuts the call off. They are aware of the problem, but haven't fixed that, yet, either.

4. They are experiencing a HUGE call volume just for this one issue. It's far worse than it looks on this forum, according to the staffer I spoke with.

So, he was told that they are trying to fix it, but as of now...there's not really a "permanent" fix. It is likely to happen again, even if you get lucky enough to get it fixed somehow now.

I was advised to try to be patient and to call back in the morning...