Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Valaxus
12.18.2012 , 04:12 PM | #1411
My situation just went from bad to worse. I hadnt been able to buy cartel coins for over 2 weeks, and when i tried to pre-order the expansion, it wouldnt let me do that either. Their advice to delete the card details and then renter them under a new payment method has now meant that i dont even have a subscription. This goes beyond customer neglect imho, and they cant for all sanity expect everyone to sit on the phone for 2+ hours for this. I get the feeling they sleepwalked into this *****torm and unless its fixed soon, will be losing vital support for a game that desperately needs it.

ClaudiusDK
12.18.2012 , 04:12 PM | #1412
Just made my 4th ticket.

Atleast on my 3rd ticket I didn't get a auto-reply, but an actual person.
However it still feels like he didn't read my ticket by mentioning things I said isn't possible.
And he ended his reply by advertising that I can now "invite your friends to play the game".
Reallly.. what the... >_<

sithgreyguard
12.18.2012 , 05:12 PM | #1413
worked for me today yay! also got the expansion .

RetardRaptor
12.18.2012 , 05:52 PM | #1414
Ok so here is what i was told about this situation. I talked to a tier 2 billing rep today and he informed me that all of the fixes they applied yesterday are no longer working today. Meaning if you got you card re entered yesterday chances are today the problem is back. He then proceeded to tell me that the only way to deal with this issue is for me to send in a picture of either my drivers license or my passport to support@swtor and they would be able to resolve this issue within 48 hours. The thought is they will contact the cc company and paypal directly to fix the issue.I thought about what he had said and the idea of me sending my identity over email to people i don't know is something im not willing to do. Can you say identity theft waiting to happen?
The thing i really don't understand is that the payment doesn't even make it to paypal. I could understand if it made it to paypal and then it was rejected but it doesn't make it out of bioware. The problem has to be in their purchasing account lockout system. This whole thing is a disaster for this game and im sure there going to lose thousands of subs over it but continue to ignore it.

DarthSmokealot
12.18.2012 , 06:50 PM | #1415
on page 139 i told you the number to call them on via SKYPE on pc or cell phone , i used my cell , whole thing was resolved in under an hour , is all down to how much you want it to be sorted ,

its evident they cannot do a mass fix at this time , or they would have , so , if you cant spend 3 hours on a landline , try skype , it worked for me...

probably less time than it would take to actually read this whole thread , rather than just last page ...
Urrrggghhh Hurrrgghhh Hurgh Cough .......... The Force Is Strong With This One

Caelith
12.18.2012 , 06:55 PM | #1416
It just let me get 2 lots of less priced cartel coins even though i had the money in the bank for a larger amount.
The siege of Coruscant was in fact brought to an end after the republic agreed to give the Empire a Shrubbery, one that looked nice and wasn't too expensive.

Onyex
12.18.2012 , 07:09 PM | #1417
Seeing how Bio/EA does not seem to care about taking people's money and not giving the products ( cartel coins ) wonder how they would feel if we all got together and hit their pockets.

So when you get the error message they charge you $1. Or hell sometimes they will charge the full amount and calling CS and trying to talk to someone that hardly speaks any English and has no knowledge of the problem puts you on hold til you get dropped. Is it a scam lol?

I would love a real CSR post thats not just copied and pasted from a script or a damn droid saying i have great ideas. Which is the response i get from a ticket in game when they can not find a solution.
Onyex, Sin ♠ Yrock, Mara ♠ Ony, Sorc
"In Ashes They Shall Reap"

Xariama
12.18.2012 , 07:19 PM | #1418
Quote: Originally Posted by RetardRaptor View Post
He then proceeded to tell me that the only way to deal with this issue is for me to send in a picture of either my drivers license or my passport to support@swtor and they would be able to resolve this issue within 48 hours.
Hell no. They can fix this now, without anyone's information.

kmildh
12.18.2012 , 07:32 PM | #1419
Here is a simple solution - Bioware add more payment alternatives! Like Click and Buy! because no matter what I do you won't accept my credit card and it works for a dozen of other games, I even tried it on Origin but the same thing happened there.

And for some reason Paypal does not like my credit card.

Tyree-Solusar
12.18.2012 , 09:06 PM | #1420
In short. I am so glad I could sub monthly, instead of the 60 day game time.

But in the end, I am angry that I cannot pre-order this new expansion.

I like so many others before me simply don't have the patience to wait on the phone for 3 hours, nor should I have to.