Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NoFishing
12.15.2012 , 09:05 PM | #1341
Good job Bioware. This problem has caused two members of our raid team to not be able to re-up their subscriptions today. So there is a good chance we will not be raiding today or tomorrow. Guess our entire guild could go check out some other game in the meantime.

Atrositus
12.15.2012 , 09:53 PM | #1342
I spoke to customer service today and got some info that may be of some interest to all parties in this thread.

First, the cool down on the account lockout is 30 days, not 24 hours, and the lock stems from multiple purchases made in a 30 day period. This is done as a security measure obviously, but the rep I spoke to did not have any idea what volume would trip the lock. If he did know, he did not tell me, so there is really no idea of how many you could purchase each month to avoid being locked..

Second, you can take the lock off your account by scanning a driver's license, or state id, and then email the photo id and a request to remove the security measure to customer service. This will forever remove the lockout feature.

Finally, I am not too sure if it has been said here, but you can buy coins from a rep over the phone, if you really want them. Hope this helps some folks. cheers!

Mowermanx
12.15.2012 , 10:03 PM | #1343
Quote: Originally Posted by Atrositus View Post
I spoke to customer service today and got some info that may be of some interest to all parties in this thread.

First, the cool down on the account lockout is 30 days, not 24 hours, and the lock stems from multiple purchases made in a 30 day period. This is done as a security measure obviously, but the rep I spoke to did not have any idea what volume would trip the lock. If he did know, he did not tell me, so there is really no idea of how many you could purchase each month to avoid being locked..

Second, you can take the lock off your account by scanning a driver's license, or state id, and then email the photo id and a request to remove the security measure to customer service. This will forever remove the lockout feature.

Finally, I am not too sure if it has been said here, but you can buy coins from a rep over the phone, if you really want them. Hope this helps some folks. cheers!
Thanks for the info Atrositus, I wonder why why BW/EA dont release this vital bit of info?
Would save a lot of problems with people not knowing whats going on.

SamNCFC
12.16.2012 , 12:13 AM | #1344
I do not believe there is such a lock-out, if it is that is not the reason why I can't purchase CC, nor is it down to my credit/debit card and here's why:

I have a friend in game who has bought around 600 euro's worth of cartel coins and is still able to purchase no questions asked. I on the other hand spent roughly 120 euro's worth of cartel coins from the day they were released to about 2 or 3 days after and have not been able to purchase coins since then. I tried deleting cards, making sure all my information is correct, via Paypal and even via a Ukash voucher which was also declined due to another error. Subsequently i then had to spend that Ukash voucher on something I didn't really want as it would expire in a few days.

So thanks Bioware, thanks for the great consideration to your loyal customers. I am slightly grateful though as the longer the Cartel items are around the less i want them so perhaps I am saving money here.

None the less up yours BW and GFY dumb CS protocol droid nonsense.

ClaudiusDK
12.16.2012 , 05:17 AM | #1345
the cool down on the account lockout is 30 days, not 24 hours, and the lock stems from multiple purchases made in a 30 day period.
I freaking hope not. 30day lockout in a game with a subcription AND store-based income is a bad idea.
Look at us that went over the limit on the first few days because of the store and is still locked out days later with subsriptions running out left and right.

Yeah, not able to drive because of my health, so no driver license. And being Danish I got no idea what a state id is.
Heck I actually don't have any photo ID other then my passport.

Frsot
12.16.2012 , 05:48 AM | #1346
ive gotten this error message since friday i believe, sent tickets about it but still no response. hope it gets fixed.
ToFN - altaholic

Didy_Kush
12.16.2012 , 06:24 AM | #1347
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
When you are counting in weeks then post back
When you're counting from day 1 of 1.5 post back

firestarter
12.16.2012 , 07:35 AM | #1348

First, the cool down on the account lockout is 30 days, not 24 hours, and the lock stems from multiple purchases made in a 30 day period.
I reach 1 month of not being able to buy tomorrow. Today I still cant buy coins.
Tomorrow weŽll surely have evidence if this is another lie that has been dished out to their paying customers.
Ill report back here tomorrow. 17th --> 17th ......one month.
Yummeh - Assault Commando

The Red Eclipse

Mowermanx
12.16.2012 , 08:12 AM | #1349
Quote: Originally Posted by firestarter View Post
I reach 1 month of not being able to buy tomorrow. Today I still cant buy coins.
Tomorrow weŽll surely have evidence if this is another lie that has been dished out to their paying customers.
Ill report back here tomorrow. 17th --> 17th ......one month.
I would wait till the next day just in case its doesnt tick over till the last day is done.

CHELWYN
12.16.2012 , 10:16 AM | #1350
This is still going on for me. I've changed browsers...deleted cache...nothing is working. VERY frustrating. Fix this please!