Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

firestarter
12.07.2012 , 12:15 PM | #1061
Quote: Originally Posted by kroryyk View Post
Phone BIOWARE.. who gives a **** about your bank. They will process your purchase over the phone and fix the issue for future purchases. "OH BUT MY SENIOR BANKER WAS ON THE PHONE" LOL.. my god.
Yeah sure of course. They screw it up big time and I have to lick their boots to get his workin again so that i can give them my money. Not a chance.

You sir are a part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor!

Take him away!
Tribbles- Gunnery Commando

The Red Eclipse

MazakMatsura
12.07.2012 , 01:25 PM | #1062
Quote: Originally Posted by kroryyk View Post
Phone BIOWARE.. who gives a **** about your bank. They will process your purchase over the phone and fix the issue for future purchases. "OH BUT MY SENIOR BANKER WAS ON THE PHONE" LOL.. my god.
I did. 3 times now, reading comprehension is awesome.

If you ACTUALLY have called CS about this issue, they will tell you to call the issuer of your card. Sounds like you're posting without any actual info.
(╯)╯︵ ︵ ︵
The Ebon Hawk
Love Ryan Davis 1979-2013

Khevar
12.07.2012 , 01:33 PM | #1063
Quote: Originally Posted by MazakMatsura View Post

If you ACTUALLY have called CS about this issue, they will tell you to call the issuer of your card. Sounds like you're posting without any actual info.
This may not help you, but I followed another posters advice and tried to skip CS and go straight to billing and accounts.

I had pre-deleted my credit card (before the call) and told the guy "I can't add my credit card back in" He had me try to add it while I was on the phone, didn't work. He then added it himself and it fixed the problem for me.

This doesn't excuse the fact that the system is broken, but it may help you (if you want) to take this approach to getting it fixed.

MazakMatsura
12.07.2012 , 01:38 PM | #1064
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
This may not help you, but I followed another posters advice and tried to skip CS and go straight to billing and accounts.

I had pre-deleted my credit card (before the call) and told the guy "I can't add my credit card back in" He had me try to add it while I was on the phone, didn't work. He then added it himself and it fixed the problem for me.

This doesn't excuse the fact that the system is broken, but it may help you (if you want) to take this approach to getting it fixed.
Unfortunately, I tried that and This Happened

And during the previous day's CS phone call, They advised me to seek the issuer of my card, which is why we tried to make a cartel purchase while she monitored the transaction.
(╯)╯︵ ︵ ︵
The Ebon Hawk
Love Ryan Davis 1979-2013

Khevar
12.07.2012 , 01:53 PM | #1065
Unfortunately, I tried that and This Happened

And during the previous day's CS phone call, They advised me to seek the issuer of my card, which is why we tried to make a cartel purchase while she monitored the transaction.
Ouch.

I'm going to guess that there are some CS reps that know how to fix this problem and others that don't.

What was interesting, is the guy I was talking to (who seemed pretty competent) noticed that the card I had "deleted" was STILL in the system, listed as "disabled"

Being a software guy myself, I'm guessing that whatever bug in their system is screwing the card, then flagging it as bad in some way, then disabling it so no customer facing tool touch the card. When you try to add it back in, it's "already there" or something. When you try to use it, it is "disabled".

Hope this is fixed soon for everyone.

Lagboot
12.07.2012 , 02:13 PM | #1066
Thing is MANY people have called, I've even sat on the phone while a Senior banker watched their software while trying to make a cartel pack purchase.

Nothing at all happened, no swtor.com account even tried to authorize a transaction PERIOD. It's not your bank. Your bank is not "flagging" your card. The only thing being affected are the Cartel bundles, I managed myself to purchase the digital upgrade directly after the website gave me the general error message for trying to purchase a cartel bundle.
I was not talking about the bank flagging you. Bioware flags ur card if u make too many cartel purchases or if anything such as mid initial is missing. The Cartel market program flags and deactivates u from purchases....not ccard company.
Do, or do not............there is no try.

Lagboot
12.07.2012 , 02:21 PM | #1067
Like I was trying to reiterate.......when u call....pick cartel option, then 2nd choice.....tell rep ur issue is with purchases......he will give u a ticket number and conn u to tbe "Special" team. Yeah i snickered at "Special".
If u just goto a cs not relating to cartel......ur screwed.
Do, or do not............there is no try.

KingNuada
12.07.2012 , 04:06 PM | #1068
Had to call to get resolution. Confirmed. they do flag for too many purchases. I will stick to 5500 coins per month.
Wyndigo, Dannes, Sigourney, Theocolese, Scorian, Sohzei, Phuria, Ytrayion, Ydina, Ybartus, Castorius, Wyliekat, Yleena, Ykotta
Zhornha, Eetwidemyloh, Srosha, Vorkuun, Zedd-thorn, Charnivorus

vynaera
12.07.2012 , 06:02 PM | #1069
been on hold for 2 hours now .... lol is that normal????

kroryyk
12.07.2012 , 06:58 PM | #1070
Quote: Originally Posted by vynaera View Post
been on hold for 2 hours now .... lol is that normal????
I was on hold for exactly 5hr 38min.. so have fun.