Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Stansman
12.05.2012 , 04:57 PM | #1021
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalSelene View Post
Yeah. I was thinking of the f2p'rs and they have it worse than us. At least we have all basic stuff unlocked without any questions asked where as the f2p people are kinda stuck. Still, this is pretty dumb of EAware to cut off their noises to spite their face because they are too lazy to address a simple issue as to revert the CC market to the way it was before the last patch.

In the end, us subs are not effected, but I do not envy the f2p'ers for they are getting the short end of the deal and it will make it a bit hard for them to lvl up.
Except we might not be subbed much longer..if our accounts are blocked then presumably we will be kicked back to F2P when our subs are due as those payments wont be processed either.

AduiAskari
12.05.2012 , 05:16 PM | #1022
customer service droids, I don't blame you. It is apparent that you are criminally under-resourced.

but today i received an email urging me to buy cartel coins, and when i tried i ended up wasting 45 minutes on the phone to customer services due to this error.

I'm a sucker for SW, I'm addicted and you can exploit me for it. I'm a captive market. I've invested a lot of time in the game. But I don't like being exploited.

I swear to you now, I am not going to play any other EA/Bioware games ever again as long as there is an alternative, and I wish I'd never started this one.

Your communication skills are appalling, and the lack of communication regarding the numerous patch/cartel problems is what P's people off; we understand things break, but don't insult us by ignoring us or acknowledging the problems.

Unless there is a major regain I will give Bioware/EA the worst advertising ever whenever I speak about them. Is that worth the money you think you saved on CS or techs?

And this goes out to you 'droids' who have to deal with all this BS; It is the management that should be sacked for incompetence, not you. I appreciate all that you do, it's just a shame that you appear to be led by idiots for whom the words 'anticipation' and 'communication' are utterly foreign.

Rant over. But the SW franchise goodwill is not infinite.....

Stansman
12.05.2012 , 05:51 PM | #1023
I think its the lack of any official announcements thats annoying me the most..if buying too many Cartel Coins in one go blocks our our account..Tell Us..if calling is our only chance of unblocking our account..Tell Us..

Reppical
12.05.2012 , 06:30 PM | #1024
Quote: Originally Posted by SimonMagus View Post
Well, I finally spoke to someone, and they were able to straighten things out, so now my wife and I are able to spend money to get even MORE landspeeders we can't sell. :P Best of luck to all of you, and I hope things get fixed up soon.
Same here, I decided to do some digging and asked the service rep a bunch of questions... here is what i can tell you guys.

Their system is having an issue with restrictions US-side, meaning gaming purchases restrictions in the same category as buying cartel coins, such as in-game currency purchases or similarities. From what I understand, their are stringent rules in the US and the system in place to make sure those rules aren't broken has gone a little off the reservation. The representative inserted my card as a Visa Delta (which isn't Delta like the airline company, delta refers to debit cards I believe) and it worked. Unfortunately here is the problem, doing it yourself won't work, best option is to call, wait the 2 hours on the line (which we all had to do) and have them input it themselves, make sure you have them check your account that the purchase wen through (they will do the purchase for you) once that is settled, you can purchase more at your leisure.

I hope that info helps, the music on that 2 hour hold made me want shoot myself... suggest watching a movie to drown out the music but be alert if someone picks up.

ImmortalSelene
12.05.2012 , 07:22 PM | #1025
Quote: Originally Posted by Reppical View Post
Same here, I decided to do some digging and asked the service rep a bunch of questions... here is what i can tell you guys.

Their system is having an issue with restrictions US-side, meaning gaming purchases restrictions in the same category as buying cartel coins, such as in-game currency purchases or similarities. From what I understand, their are stringent rules in the US and the system in place to make sure those rules aren't broken has gone a little off the reservation. The representative inserted my card as a Visa Delta (which isn't Delta like the airline company, delta refers to debit cards I believe) and it worked. Unfortunately here is the problem, doing it yourself won't work, best option is to call, wait the 2 hours on the line (which we all had to do) and have them input it themselves, make sure you have them check your account that the purchase wen through (they will do the purchase for you) once that is settled, you can purchase more at your leisure.

I hope that info helps, the music on that 2 hour hold made me want shoot myself... suggest watching a movie to drown out the music but be alert if someone picks up.
Which is a big issue for me. I have issues with giving a normal human being because I know someone who was recently a victim of fraud. Not to say the CS rep would, but someone else might be listening in. Also I do not have the bloody patience to wait two hours on the phone just so I can waste more money than I should in this game. It's a ridiculous hoop I have to jump through when THEY need to fix this issue themselves. It was fine until this last patch.

ImmortalSelene
12.05.2012 , 07:36 PM | #1026
Quote: Originally Posted by Stansman View Post
Except we might not be subbed much longer..if our accounts are blocked then presumably we will be kicked back to F2P when our subs are due as those payments wont be processed either.
It would not shock me if this happens. Once last week I was downgraded to f2p status. If this happens due to this latest glitch, I am canceling my account all together.

firestarter
12.05.2012 , 11:35 PM | #1027
BW again my daily reminder ind I will do so till you acknowledge and give an official statement about this or my sub runs out due to not being able to nenew it due to YOUR website failure.

Open up a thread where people can post who got this problem.
I bought 5 x 35Euro boxes the 1st day it was available and if YOU want more of MY money then you better do something about it cause I will not call you. This is not how things work.
If you are to lazy or arrogant to even talk to us I will gladly take my money somewhere else but I will not beg and go through this mess by calling and waiting hours and hours only to get this solved.

ImmortalSelene
12.06.2012 , 01:28 AM | #1028
Quote: Originally Posted by firestarter View Post
BW again my daily reminder ind I will do so till you acknowledge and give an official statement about this or my sub runs out due to not being able to nenew it due to YOUR website failure.

Open up a thread where people can post who got this problem.
I bought 5 x 35Euro boxes the 1st day it was available and if YOU want more of MY money then you better do something about it cause I will not call you. This is not how things work.
If you are to lazy or arrogant to even talk to us I will gladly take my money somewhere else but I will not beg and go through this mess by calling and waiting hours and hours only to get this solved.
Exactly. It's like I said, we should not be going through these hoops because someone on their end effed up the system. If they want to cut off their noise to spite their face, it's fine. I'll keep my money. Though for me there is a silver lining. At least I was able to afford a new laser replacement for my blu-ray drive within my PS3. And since I bought it with the same card I use for this site, it's definitely not my card.

Stansman
12.06.2012 , 02:54 AM | #1029
I thought only gold sellers and cheats had their accounts blocked.. my account has been blocked for giving them too much money.

MuzluPasta
12.06.2012 , 05:30 AM | #1030
I have had this issue since the launch of the game. I couldn't (still can't) sub for more than 1 month. If I try 3 or 6 months plans, the payment fails on the billing day so I am stuck with the monthly payment option. It throws a general error when it the payment fails.

I can't buy the 5500 Cartel Coins pack, so i tried the 2400 pack, didn't work either. Tried to buy 1050 pack, boom it worked ! Honestly didn't try the 450 pack because cash doesn't grow on trees.

There is no logic behind this, my card is fine (VISA), it has much more than required amount in balance, is open to internet payments and bank says the card is perfectly fine and has no issues.

At the launch of the game if your sub ran out, you had to buy a game time card and apply it so you could sub with your credit card again. They fixed this sometime ago since it is working right now. Their payment system is terribad and they should feel bad. Instead of using this system they should merge it with origin since it is an EA game.

To be honest, at this point I am glad I can't sub for more than 1 month, because I don't like where this is headed although I am a "hardcore" Star Wars fan.

I am not going to waste hours on the phone trying to talk to a CS because as a customer I shouldn't be chasing after fixes. It is doubtful even if they can fix this or know what is the underlying cause. I should be able to post a ticket in-game and whoever is in charge should solve it without making the customer more frustrated.

/* Not related to payment issues but...
The whole structure of CS is wrong in this game. For example the security key removal/addition :
I have a physical security key and I want to remove it. Need to call CS. Why must I even call CS ?

I am holding the key in my hand, I know my account email, my account password. That means I am the account owner. Even if I lose the security key, a stranger can't access my account because that person doesn't know my account email or password. If you insist this is a security issue, make us answer all the security questions in addition to the normal account login information.

Personally I think their system is so flawed that they can't even implement a security key addtion/removal system, so a CS has to do some manuel tweaking.
*/

Not sure if this changes anything but I would like to mention that I ordered the Collector's Edition online because my country was listed as a red-zone at launch.

Stumbled upon this thread, wanted to share my experience.