Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collectors Edition Cartel Coin Reward

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Collectors Edition Cartel Coin Reward

AnHero
11.15.2012 , 04:58 PM | #1
TL;DR: at bottom
not including tax, you can purchase a pack of 5,500 cartel coins for a total cost of $40.

If you were to purchase the collectors edition at day one, you paid ~$160 with tax included.

For the same price of the collectors edition, you can purchase 22,000 cartel coins. However those who have purchased a collectors edition are only entitled to 1,000 cartel coins.

I have been a long term subscriber and will continue to subscribe to this game because I want it to do well. But honestly, I feel like I was robbed. Several stores sell the collectors edition for only $60 with plenty in stock now.
The only thing a collectors edition purchaser receives is a minimech pet that in comparison to the exact same model but golden re-skinned M0GUL-Thrall Droid rewarded in Kraggas Palace, it is nothing in comparison. (you may also wear a factional armor set that nobody even cares for, if i need to mention)

Please re-consider the cartel coins awarded to the players. Not just the collectors edition purchasers, but those who purchased digital deluxe editions, or those who have simply subbed since day one.

The most a player can get is ~3000 if they put in the absolute most money into one account if possible. The typical is a merely 1200 coins which can purchase just 3 Crime Lord Cartel packs, most typically having a 1/20 chance to even providing a desired item.

Another issue being that essentially requiring players to buy gambling bags to achieve items they want at the cost of real money is quite an issue. Please make every item in the gambling bags worth a real amount of cartel coins. I don't care if the Nihilus mask is worth 10,000 coins. They really need to be obtainable to players on a non-lottery system. I don't mind if the bags stay in tact, in fact I think that's fine, but there really needs to be a set-in-stone purchasable alternative towards these bags.

One player on general chat has reported that he has spent over $200 in purchasing 27,500 cartel coins and using all of them to buy 76 Crime Lord Cartel Packs. Only around 3 of them had items that he had even wanted, the remaining 73 of them had junk items everybody else already had. All he wanted was that Nihilus mask, and not even getting that after $200 is ridiculous. You have one of your most amazing customers there throwing money at the game, and he cannot even get something he wants that is purely cosmetic.

I also really don't even want to get into the horribly unplayable experience that is F2P, I'm sure many others will voice their opinions on that in due time.

TL;DR: The amount of cartel coins you provide players for gambling packs is horrendously undercut in comparison to what it should be. Please also provide set-in-stone purchasable alternatives to each item in cartel packs.

I want to keep this thread civil, I really don't want any flaming or derogatory posts on this thread. I would like to hear other peoples opinions on this matter, even if they don't agree with mine as long as they're civil and courteous as I'm not trying to anger any person intentionally. Thank you.

Caladorean
11.15.2012 , 05:07 PM | #2
I second the above comments concerning the horrendous way people were rewarded for buying a collector's edition of the game last year. For the last few months, BW/EA should have been schooled on basic math principles, ie. the loss of membership ( subtraction) , for some of us let us hope they also learned addition.

rich
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam

Valethar
11.15.2012 , 05:07 PM | #3
Working as intended.

When you buy Cartel coins, you're getting exactly what you paid for. When you bought the Collector's Edition, you got exactly what you paid for. The extra 1,000 coins (which were not even a factor at this time last year) are a bonus.

Collector's Edition owners are not entitled to anything more than what we already have. The only exception to that statement would be that I expect CE bonuses to stay exclusive and not end up in the Cartel store like Craptic did with STO.

As to the guy who bought the coins and didn't get the mask, I direct you to the definition of 'random' as defined by Webster. This, too, is working as intended.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

well
11.15.2012 , 05:14 PM | #4
I tried a few myself.Wasn't worth it.On PTS it seemed much better.I also agree that the coins you get aren't all that in comparison of the cost of Cartel items.To bad.I think they should of taken the McDonald's approach on selling Cartel items.Instead it seems like the coins are like Lira.

AnHero
11.15.2012 , 05:15 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Valethar View Post
Working as intended.

When you buy Cartel coins, you're getting exactly what you paid for. When you bought the Collector's Edition, you got exactly what you paid for. The extra 1,000 coins (which were not even a factor at this time last year) are a bonus.

Collector's Edition owners are not entitled to anything more than what we already have. The only exception to that statement would be that I expect CE bonuses to stay exclusive and not end up in the Cartel store like Craptic did with STO.

As to the guy who bought the coins and didn't get the mask, I direct you to the definition of 'random' as defined by Webster. This, too, is working as intended.
There have been yellow responses towards Collectors Edition claims saying that the Collectors Edition store would be updated regularly in the future. There has not been one update once so ever for the store. No new items since it has launched or modifications to those items. This was promised by developers of the game, and it's been a year now.

DMSL
11.15.2012 , 07:25 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AnHero View Post
There have been yellow responses towards Collectors Edition claims saying that the Collectors Edition store would be updated regularly in the future. There has not been one update once so ever for the store. No new items since it has launched or modifications to those items. This was promised by developers of the game, and it's been a year now.
I agree, that CE vendor needs more items added ASAP.

Some exclusive speeders that adapt to your piloting, some pets, cool weapon and armor shells etc.

Caminari
11.16.2012 , 01:53 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DMSL View Post
I agree, that CE vendor needs more items added ASAP.

Some exclusive speeders that adapt to your piloting, some pets, cool weapon and armor shells etc.
Pretty much.
I don't feel I should've got more coins or anything else that I wasn't promised when I made my purchase.
I do feel I should get the regular updates of cosmetic items on the CE vendor that were promised, both before I made the purchase and afterwards when the issue has been raised a few times since.
"Relativity applies to physics, not ethics."~Albert Einstein
╬╬╬╬╬|██████████████████████████████)

AnHero
11.16.2012 , 09:58 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Caminari View Post
Pretty much.
I don't feel I should've got more coins or anything else that I wasn't promised when I made my purchase.
I do feel I should get the regular updates of cosmetic items on the CE vendor that were promised, both before I made the purchase and afterwards when the issue has been raised a few times since.
how much would it kill just to provide a new costume/etc for collectors?
Digital Deluxe should also receive some kind of cosmetic right as well.

Other than the crappy speeder and non-noticeable items in the store, its pointless

Arrakeen
11.16.2012 , 10:51 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AnHero View Post
This, this, and many more of this. We were promised and they never delivered; its like paying full price for a game and only getting half of it.
Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur. - "Today is a good day for someone else to die."

Karnax
11.16.2012 , 01:52 PM | #10
Guys I'm with you on the lack of new items on the vendor. The only thing I have that shows off the collector's edition atm is the trooper armour and instead of seeing more items appear on the vendor I can't help but think we'll see the existing items on the cartel market at some point. Just saying, I could well be wrong.