Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dread Guard Relic BiS?

sankalp
11.20.2012 , 06:24 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
(my main sits at 1529 divided as 552/510/467 and is ideally balanced to within 0.0044%).
Could you explain this a bit more.

IMO you have 100 less def and 100 more absorb you get a better stats distributions(assuming we are talking about shadow/assassin)

KeyboardNinja
11.20.2012 , 06:25 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
Hmmm... I get 87.5 power averaged. Either way, when added to the passively itemised 47 power on the relic, that is greater than 120, no?
I think Ask Mr Robot hasn't updated yet (I haven't had a chance to log in since the patch dropped). In that case, the DG relic *is* superior to the EWH relic.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

KeyboardNinja
11.20.2012 , 06:26 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by sankalp View Post
Could you explain this a bit more.

IMO you have 100 less def and 100 more absorb you get a better stats distributions(assuming we are talking about shadow/assassin)
These numbers include an Exotech stim, since I always have one running. They also account for the effects of the proc absorb relic, which slightly deflates the value of the absorb stat. Also note that I do take the defense talent, which slightly increases the value of the defense stat.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

So-low
11.20.2012 , 09:11 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
Also note that I do take the defense talent, which slightly increases the value of the defense stat.
Why would this be true? IIRC, the defense talent does not increase your defense rating by 2%, it gives a flat 2% bonus to your defense chance. This would mean that it has no affect on the diminished return on your defense rating, therefore not decreasing the value of the defense stat.

This same holds true for crit chance % increase talents, which is why I do not like it when people advise DPS to "get your crit to 30% unbuffed". Crit and defense stacking should be based off of ratings, not percentages.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

AidanLightwalker
11.20.2012 , 09:13 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
Hmmm... I get 87.5 power averaged. Either way, when added to the passively itemised 47 power on the relic, that is greater than 120, no?
It's 134.5 power to be exact without augment making it more power ovrr the long haul then war hero. It is better than war hero. LagunD has a huge break down on adrenal and inspiration scaling with on use relics proving that their bonus is amplified compared to war heros. The increase on use power and its passive power send it over war heros for pve. His works and findings can be found diggin in the sentinel and murader forums. It's quite intensive. Make no doubt, dg boundless ages beats out war heros, for now....
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

CorrVondell
11.21.2012 , 04:40 AM | #56
Question:
the Best Relic Combo for a Lethality Sniper will be...

1. Dread Guard AP USE
2. Dread Guard Relic Elemental of Transcendence

Right???

T3-M4
Kasía Sniper - Lethality 8x

Ephesia
11.21.2012 , 04:47 AM | #57
As a Guardian Tank Right now I use

Endurance Augmented War Hero Imperiling Serenity
Endurance Augmented Dread Guard Relic of Shield Amplification

They do seem like they are BiS but I'm still wondering if instead using 2nd Imperiling Serenity will be better. Some also use Shield Amplification for some fights and Serenity for another.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Garell
11.21.2012 , 05:42 AM | #58
I appologise in advance if this info is wrong. I've been up all night hoping that MOX don't beat us to a world first kill. So i'm tired.

Ok.
To prefice this i need to explain that AMR has not yet updated the dread guard relics with the static power addition. The DG proc relic is also bugged and therefore should not be imported into simcraft.
To work around these issues i simply used the campaign versions and added the stats that are live in-game.

I'll only cover Hybrid here, but if you want i can do the same for the other two specs.

1DG "internal proc" + 1DG power "on use": 1880dps
1DG "internal proc" + 1WH power: 1866dps
1DG power "on use" + 1WH power: 1855dps
2WH power: 1845dps

As you can see using 1 each of the DG relics comes out on top.
But you need to understand that this is just simulating a standard patchwerk-style fight, with no boss mechanic factors taken into account. The "on use" power relic is even stronger than these stats show, because of the possibility of multiplyers within the fight. Timing this relic with inspiration and adrenals to say the least would greately increase its benefit to your overall dps. Using the "on use" relic advances the potential for a higher dps max.

Profile: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...b-31164a43bb59

Code Changes:
Before:
relic1=campaign_relic_of_dark_radiance,ilevel=61,q uality=artifact,stats=96endurance_18willpower,equi p=ondamage_184internal_30%_4.5cd
relic2=campaign_relic_of_boundless_ages,ilevel=61, quality=artifact,stats=96endurance_18willpower,use =315power_120cd_30dur

After:
relic1=campaign_relic_of_dark_radiance,ilevel=61,q uality=artifact,stats=96endurance_18willpower_47po wer,equip=ondamage_210internal_30%_4.5cd
relic2=campaign_relic_of_boundless_ages,ilevel=61, quality=artifact,stats=96endurance_18willpower_47p ower,use=350power_120cd_30dur

As you can clearly see, i added the static power for each relic and adjusted the values for the proc amount and "on use" power gain.

/Elidhu

KeyboardNinja
11.21.2012 , 08:24 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by jonmcooper View Post
Why would this be true? IIRC, the defense talent does not increase your defense rating by 2%, it gives a flat 2% bonus to your defense chance. This would mean that it has no affect on the diminished return on your defense rating, therefore not decreasing the value of the defense stat.

This same holds true for crit chance % increase talents, which is why I do not like it when people advise DPS to "get your crit to 30% unbuffed". Crit and defense stacking should be based off of ratings, not percentages.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
This is absolutely true. However, a static increase in defense chance still affects the value of defense rating (even outside of DR) in the sense that the same defense rating boost results in a larger percentage improvement in damage mitigated. For example, imagine we have a defense chance of 20%. An addional 1% from rating gives us a 1.25% boost to mitigation (ignoring shield and armor for now). However, if we add the defense talent, our base moves up to 22% and an additional 1% from rating nets us a 1.28% boost.

Thus, the defense talent does increase the value of defense rating, albeit very slightly.

nbayer
11.21.2012 , 08:25 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Garell View Post
I'll only cover Hybrid here, but if you want i can do the same for the other two specs.

1DG "internal proc" + 1DG power "on use": 1880dps
1DG "internal proc" + 1WH power: 1866dps
1DG power "on use" + 1WH power: 1855dps
2WH power: 1845dps
/Elidhu
Does simucraft show you what the average damage done by the internal proc relic is?