Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Preferred Player Status


MidnightsRequiem's Avatar


MidnightsRequiem
11.15.2012 , 04:56 PM | #1
I started to play Tor the day it opened up, I had even gotten into a beta or two for the game. After a few months of playing I took a break, and haven't been back since. Though upon hearing it was going f2p, i got rather excited, I enjoyed the game and wanted to come back, but thanks to my lack of funds, I was unable to. So I was told that, because I had played and paid for the game before, that I would get Preferred Player status, which would remove/lessen a few of the normal f2p restrictions. After logging in, I have not seen anything that has shown me anything lessened... so I was curious as to what it is exactly that is lessened or removed. Or has the preferred player status not been given out yet? Does anyone have any answers or know anything about this? I would be grateful if anyone could shed some light on this. Thank you kindly

Einehart

KurganNazzir's Avatar


KurganNazzir
11.15.2012 , 04:57 PM | #2
Go read the new comparison chart.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

xMLGzus's Avatar


xMLGzus
11.15.2012 , 04:58 PM | #3
I've played this game using the free lvl 15 trial, waiting for the day when this game would go free. Finally, today it did and I'm so disappointed. First off, F2P is horrendous for the stuff u have to buy. Options to hide head slot? Unify colors? 2 quickbars...granted I know F2P needs restrictions, but they're a little much.

Now that that's out of the way, my real meaning for posting here is to argue about the so called "preferred" player. Preferred players are still just as gimped as F2P players. If there's one thing that SWTOR needs to do, it's make Preferred status at least EQUAL to the old trial membership. I had no complaints with the trial. There were somethings i was unable to do until i subscribed and I was okay with that. I recently dropped 20 to get some cartel points and get preferred membership and I was even more disappointed. There's a lot more that I could go on about but I'm not trying to make a wall of text.

I believe that Bioware needs to rework their F2P and preferred statuses, as it stands right now, this game isn't enticing to new players. It's deterring.

TheBBP's Avatar


TheBBP
11.15.2012 , 05:02 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by xMLGzus View Post
I've played this game using the free lvl 15 trial, waiting for the day when this game would go free. Finally, today it did and I'm so disappointed. First off, F2P is horrendous for the stuff u have to buy. Options to hide head slot? Unify colors? 2 quickbars...granted I know F2P needs restrictions, but they're a little much.

Now that that's out of the way, my real meaning for posting here is to argue about the so called "preferred" player. Preferred players are still just as gimped as F2P players. If there's one thing that SWTOR needs to do, it's make Preferred status at least EQUAL to the old trial membership. I had no complaints with the trial. There were somethings i was unable to do until i subscribed and I was okay with that. I recently dropped 20 to get some cartel points and get preferred membership and I was even more disappointed. There's a lot more that I could go on about but I'm not trying to make a wall of text.

I believe that Bioware needs to rework their F2P and preferred statuses, as it stands right now, this game isn't enticing to new players. It's deterring.
Why did you not just drop $15 on the subscription to get it all? What you did... /facepalm.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

SOULCASTER's Avatar


SOULCASTER
11.15.2012 , 05:02 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by xMLGzus View Post
I've played this game using the free lvl 15 trial, waiting for the day when this game would go free. Finally, today it did and I'm so disappointed. First off, F2P is horrendous for the stuff u have to buy. Options to hide head slot? Unify colors? 2 quickbars...granted I know F2P needs restrictions, but they're a little much.

Now that that's out of the way, my real meaning for posting here is to argue about the so called "preferred" player. Preferred players are still just as gimped as F2P players. If there's one thing that SWTOR needs to do, it's make Preferred status at least EQUAL to the old trial membership. I had no complaints with the trial. There were somethings i was unable to do until i subscribed and I was okay with that. I recently dropped 20 to get some cartel points and get preferred membership and I was even more disappointed. There's a lot more that I could go on about but I'm not trying to make a wall of text.

I believe that Bioware needs to rework their F2P and preferred statuses, as it stands right now, this game isn't enticing to new players. It's deterring.
You already dropped $20 and still aren't happy? I think their model is working exactly as intended. Its a money making scheme. If it wasn't obvious for the past 11 months of this game, EA doesn't care about its player base and wants and needs, they just care about your money.
Soulcaster
www.twitch.tv/Cidxgaming
Come watch me log on and hit the buttons that light up!

AlixMV's Avatar


AlixMV
11.15.2012 , 05:12 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by xMLGzus View Post
If there's one thing that SWTOR needs to do, it's make Preferred status at least EQUAL to the old trial membership. I had no complaints with the trial. There were somethings i was unable to do until i subscribed and I was okay with that.
But the free trial was only until Level 15 and only had a few nerfs compared to a full subscriber. This is all the way to 50. That is a HUGE difference in terms of time spent on the game, and if you're intending to play free, then being more nerfed than you were during the trial is the tradeoff for getting to play what many consider to be the best part of the game without paying a dime.
~ < Fortitude > ~ Jedi Covenant ~
Referral link
Sollyni ~ Diyanna ~ Annifryd
Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee ~ Jazhi

twistedmonk's Avatar


twistedmonk
11.15.2012 , 05:18 PM | #7
I was subscribed till the end of August but actually stopped playing around June, the lure of FTP made me want to take another look to see how the game has progressed with a hope to a possible subscription again.

First impression was disappointment to see that the email I received saying I had received cartel coins for the previous subscription can only be unlocked by subscribing again! I subscribe to Lotro and don't use the coins I receive there so I don't see the point, cosmetics really don't interest me tbh.

I also can only see two ability bars on the bottom of the screen and as far as i can see I have to pay coins to unlock the extra two toolbars I used down the side, I can't see half my abilities anymore. If Bioware want to lure people back to the game who subscribed in the beginning why don't they allow us to see the game we used to play, I can completely understand content and a few other things being for current subscribers only, it makes perfect sense, but toolbars! come on Bioware give us some basics to play, make us want to subscribe again!

Senden's Avatar


Senden
11.15.2012 , 05:22 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Why did you not just drop $15 on the subscription to get it all? What you did... /facepalm.
Because supposedly the subscription model is cursed and is driving away huge numbers of players who do not want to commit.. or so we're told

TheBBP's Avatar


TheBBP
11.15.2012 , 05:22 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by twistedmonk View Post
make us want to subscribe again!
How are they supposed to take you seriously when you are admittedly not wanting to resub?
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

Senden's Avatar


Senden
11.15.2012 , 05:30 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
How are they supposed to take you seriously when you are admittedly not wanting to resub?
Well ofcourse he doesn't want to resub, they've taken away his ability to use half his abilities and stripped his game down. Loads of people who were subscribed will come back to check out the f2p see what f2p has become and quit because they were discouraged from their initial experiences. Just face it, EA dropped the bomb in enticing old members back, they could have at least offered 7-14 days free full subscriber access so they can properly see the current state of game without spending anything first.. seeing how BW/EA have made a huge deal of how non committed every MMO gamer is these days, you'd have thought they'd have taken that into account on their big f2p release day.