Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thoughts on 1.5 Watchman Heal Nerf?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Knight > Sentinel
Thoughts on 1.5 Watchman Heal Nerf?

Drazzen
11.20.2012 , 03:42 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
Except Guardians, Sentinels, Gunslingers, Vanguards; Shadows have one ability to cleanse them on a 1 minute cooldown..
Kind of nit-picky huh? What I meant was any class with a cleanse, which you should have inferred.

I don't think that operatives/scoundrels should be able to cleanse it.

Atlanis
11.20.2012 , 07:08 AM | #22
The problem ist that a Crit stacked Sentinel, >500 Points in Crit. Like I play one.
Respective Critchance of the two DoTs 65%
Before the nerf you could reach 25% of the HPS a normal Healer reached, most overheal but still 25% of a Healer when doing a lot of DPS. 0.5% or 1% in Total aka 50% of the healing reduced seems a bit harsh, but in only takes down the self healing for Crit Sentinels, who could easily heal the Raidwide AoE DMG away.

Example Asation HC, all bosses at some point have Raid AoE, a Crit Wachman seldomly needed to be heald. The nerf has no real issue in PVP or for RAIDs as it only nerfes the Selfheal that comes without ZEN. It is a very big nerf, but it doesn´t kill the class^^
----Enclave @ Jarkai Sword----
Ata'lan Dor'al'ke
"Angry? Have a Jawa...."

Drazzen
11.20.2012 , 07:33 AM | #23
My issue is I'm being outhealed 3:1+ by Shadows/Assassins *and all theirs are self heals* and almost 2:1 by Guardians/Juggernauts (in Soresu/Shii-cho Forms) *also self heals*

Heal classes are still healing in excess of 100k (Sages/Sors) and still pumping out some top DPS #s and from ranged.

Today I was disgusted I actually had a 6k heal stat with over 200k damage done in a warzone. In focus spec if I used my CC Break an average of 8 times in a typical warzone, my self-heals *with trauma applied* would be about 14k. Guardians/Juggernauts also get Focused Defense as well as a set bonus heal for using Guardian Leap which I could use (albeit theoretically) 40+ times in a typical warzone, for an estimated 40k more healing.

Look, just give us back our heals.

Rypers
11.27.2012 , 04:25 AM | #24
Quit your whining and go learn to play a different spec.

capizm
11.27.2012 , 04:56 AM | #25
while its by far the pettiest thing biocakehole has done, im still rolling folks watchman so....i just do half the healing which i dont understand . ranked teams dont want watchmen and you take away a grp ability? sick....more pressing concerns i have for pvp tho are my inability to use merc slash on even par with sweep when it also hits for less.... lower the cooldown on it plse...so i can use it more in pvp...but ya dont nerf the 7k hitters, nerf a ability that does small grp heals.... smart chioce biodorks.....

DutchSerial
11.27.2012 , 01:48 PM | #26
I agree they shoudnt nerf watchman. they really need to nerf focus. i just dont understand what bioware is thinking. this is just stupid.

Raansu
11.28.2012 , 08:39 AM | #27
The nerf was BS, simple as that. The survivability of watchmen was the only saving grace for the class in pvp...Now it's a complete joke and the spec can't survive long enough to do anything worth a damn. Pretty much forces sentinels to go focus.

SteveGarbage
11.28.2012 , 09:47 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Rypers View Post
Helpful insight.

Anyhow, playing only the PvE side of things, I haven't really noticed a significant decrease in my performance so it hasn't been too bad. Then again I've been playing a lot more of my Shadow and Sniper too recently so maybe I'm not paying that close of attention.
Ebon Hawk Server - RP/East
Arteris Silverquill 50 Sentinel Watchman
|||Father of|||
Arianya Silverquill 20 Shadow Kinetic

JustinxDuff
11.28.2012 , 11:08 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Rypers View Post
I know how to play all the specs. Focus is lame and combat isn't my style.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

Rypers
11.30.2012 , 12:31 PM | #30
Focus and Combat are both excellent viable specs for regular and ranked warzones. Do you see Commandos QQing that they can only utilize Gunnery for PVE? No. Do you see Sages QQing that they can only use Balance as a DPS spec for PVP? No. They adapt and overcome. Considering that the Sentinel/Marauder had 3 extremely viable specs for PVP and now only have two, I don’t think there is much to complain about.