Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

problem with character slots

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
problem with character slots
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Garikos
11.15.2012 , 05:59 PM | #21
Had 8 characters. Deleted 5 to try to play the F2P. A couple of which I didn't really want to delete. Still says I need to delete 9 characters? Sorry I don't think that's possible. Was considering coming back and purchasing a sub too, but if you can't even fix this then what am I supposed to expect from the rest of the game as it stands now? This should be a top priority immediate fix if it isn't in the works already. Huge problem.

Iryla
11.15.2012 , 06:01 PM | #22
I'm having the same problem. I deleted characters and it still won't let me make any new ones.

Garikos
11.15.2012 , 06:02 PM | #23
Would like for a mod to acknowledge that this is at least a problem that they are working on with some sort of timetable for the fix. Or to tell me to shove it up my *** and go away. Either way I wouldn't be sitting in the dark here waiting to play.

TheTropheus
11.15.2012 , 06:04 PM | #24
I cant do anything..***. let us know, don't $#&@ with me!

loonaetick
11.15.2012 , 06:05 PM | #25
Yep, got the same problem. I had 4 characters but wanted to get a fresh start so I deleted them all and still get the message I need to delete 3 more to make a new one. Opened up a support ticket and I hope to hear they're at least looking into it soon.
Of all the injuries and illnesses I've suffered, apathy is by far the worst.

JenHarkness
11.15.2012 , 06:09 PM | #26 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey guys!

We are definitely seeing the problem. It looks like there's a slowdown with the update that the servers send with the reduced character count. That's why you still see the old character count values on the Galaxy Select. We're actively investigating to figure out where the data is being delayed, and we're going to get it resolved as quickly as we can.

Thanks!
Jen
Jen Harkness
Senior Server Programmer

Xarnie
11.15.2012 , 06:14 PM | #27
Good to see I'm not the only one having this problem...

Lukse
11.15.2012 , 06:16 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by JenHarkness View Post
Hey guys!

We are definitely seeing the problem. It looks like there's a slowdown with the update that the servers send with the reduced character count. That's why you still see the old character count values on the Galaxy Select. We're actively investigating to figure out where the data is being delayed, and we're going to get it resolved as quickly as we can.

Thanks!
Jen

yay, at least they know
ʍou sıɥʇ sı ɐ ʎɹoʇs llɐ ʇnoqɐ ʍoɥ ʎɯ əɟıl ʇoƃ pəddılɟ pəuɹnʇ uʍopəpısdn

Garikos
11.15.2012 , 06:20 PM | #29
Thanks, Jen. That's all I wanted to hear.

Shokenaw
11.15.2012 , 06:27 PM | #30
I really don't think this is something a few fluff words should 'solve'

I for one am a returning player hoping this game can prove that its gotten better and I was debating subbing again. Whats the first thing that happens? Bioware drops the ball (again) and basically makes the game unplayable for me because I chose to play F2P and deleted 7 characters leaving one (max level, no desire to play it) . This would have given me 2 characters, over all servers.

Great first impression on the changes made.

Where is that uninstall button?