Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Annihilation crit heals nerfed?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Annihilation crit heals nerfed?

Alizaro's Avatar


Alizaro
11.16.2012 , 02:26 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Jiminison View Post
I am fighting back any kind of gloating here due to all the lol and you had it coming posts shadows got after our self healing got cut in half aswell . You will forget about it eventually but seeing green numbers in the 200 range sucks scrote,
Someone derp smash this guy.
Prophecy of the Five

Dark Force Rising (Témper, Shaddo, Tempermental, Alizar) 375 vr

Kel-el's Avatar


Kel-el
11.16.2012 , 05:27 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by AsiriusNazriel View Post
You should at the very least try Rage.

As far as Annihilation... oh well... adapt!

Eh, not the first nerf in the game, most certainly not the last. We'll live.
Hey Arash,

Are you running rage at the moment? If so, love to hear about you're build / rotation. We are still waiting for that Hotline lol.

Cliu's Avatar


Cliu
11.16.2012 , 07:06 PM | #23
So after a long long break from SWTOR, I decided to come back and I'm really loving my marauder again but Annihilation doesn't feel the same as it was ages ago. Sadly I can't really complain though since I probably do my rotation wrong and that I still have centurion gear and a few champion items.

Just respecced and I'm going to take carnage out for a spin for about 10+ WZ's. If I still don't like it then I'll have to try rage.

p.s Anyone know why everyone hates annihilation now? came back to the forums and all I see is carnage this, carnage that, carnage = pvp etc...

NogueiraA's Avatar


NogueiraA
11.16.2012 , 09:17 PM | #24
Heal from berserker is not being applied.

Try to pop berserker, only heals from Hungering is working.

Voxx_Voltaare's Avatar


Voxx_Voltaare
11.16.2012 , 10:42 PM | #25
The way I see it, carnage got a big boost in preference due to its utility and burstiness in RWZ. Annihilation is still a great spec and does a lot of damage. It's just not burst damage which many prefer in PvP. I still think it is the best spec for PvE though.

I haven't played Annihilation in a good while now since I went full Rage. Still loving it. Never really could get comfortable with Carnage. I really don't think that this reduction in self-heals is all that bad. Mara is a pure dps class and no spec should really have self-heals on it anyway. I have doubts on how noticeable it will really be.

BlznSmri's Avatar


BlznSmri
11.17.2012 , 03:42 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliu View Post
p.s Anyone know why everyone hates annihilation now? came back to the forums and all I see is carnage this, carnage that, carnage = pvp etc...
Carnage (and Rage) simply kill people faster. You don't have to spend 4.5 seconds applying two 6 second dots that are just going to get cleansed.
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics

orangefishboy's Avatar


orangefishboy
11.21.2012 , 07:29 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
Heal from berserker is not being applied.

Try to pop berserker, only heals from Hungering is working.
Yeah, I noticed that too, they usually stack separately. I don't think that the nerf was reasonable, but this is my main problem with it. I guess my Ops groups won't be getting heals from me anymore?

thebad's Avatar


thebad
11.21.2012 , 09:30 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by orangefishboy View Post
Yeah, I noticed that too, they usually stack separately. I don't think that the nerf was reasonable, but this is my main problem with it. I guess my Ops groups won't be getting heals from me anymore?
I always saw them over each other prior to nerf, maybe now that they are both the same amount you cant tell. If you get only 1 rank of hungering (0.5%) i'm sure you'll see the numbers on top of each other again.
SWTOR - Propain / Nopain
DAOC - Bobafett RR7 Scout / Thegood RR8 Savage
SWG - Struff Rangewalker Pre-CU Jedi

bradsr's Avatar


bradsr
12.09.2012 , 05:47 PM | #29
Thank you Bioware for taking the one marauder class that was good for solo quers and ruining it . You take the whole point of annihilation and make it almost useless . You go almost awhole year and now decide its needed . There are so few people doing melee anymore and you keep giving them reasons not to . It totally ruins the tree . You could have done anything else but merging heals is absurd . Someone actually thought this was a good idea ?

Thundergulch's Avatar


Thundergulch
12.10.2012 , 12:39 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by bradsr View Post
Thank you Bioware for taking the one marauder class that was good for solo quers and ruining it . You take the whole point of annihilation and make it almost useless . You go almost awhole year and now decide its needed . There are so few people doing melee anymore and you keep giving them reasons not to . It totally ruins the tree . You could have done anything else but merging heals is absurd . Someone actually thought this was a good idea ?
Useless? It's far from useless, Annihilation is still a beast of a class, and to be honest, i haven't noticed any difference in survivability when soloing the heroic dailies.
The "nerf" was minimal at best.