Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Main Assets 88 Stuck at 87% Installing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Main Assets 88 Stuck at 87% Installing
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

smithre
11.15.2012 , 03:18 PM | #1
1.5 Patch appears to be stuck at installing Main Assets 88 (87%). What can I do to resolve this, or is uninstall/reinstall the only option?

Beesodd
11.15.2012 , 03:22 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi smithre,

This is commonly caused when an anti-virus blocks a part of the game update.

Please try removing and re-adding the game and launcher to your firewall and anti-virus exceptions list, and try to patch again.

If you can't patch then, run the fixlauncher utility from the game's directory, and try again.

If the problem still persists, please take the steps below:
Spoiler

I hope this helps.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Kesac
11.15.2012 , 03:27 PM | #3
i keep getting repair files loop

Ethite
11.15.2012 , 07:54 PM | #4
I've got this same issue but stuck at 9%. No joy. I've tried it with firewall and antivirus off, safe mode, deleted the patch files .ect

I've never had this before.
The MudRat Commandments:
1. Mourn them do not, miss them do not. Your mother is dead, son. Accept it.
2. Judge a man not by his deeds, but by the size of his sensory cones.
3. Wear two layers of Republic uniform or be ambushed by a battlefleet in your pyjamas

nastavious
11.15.2012 , 08:44 PM | #5
same problem to. and now after following instructions above have to reinstall the whole game. thanks

Kakail
11.16.2012 , 07:31 PM | #6
Didn't know that the launcher used JAVA. I updated the Java JVM and it ran MUCH faster (took 10 sec to verify and 30 sec to 20%. Before that took about 5-7 minute to verify and about 20 minute to install to 20%). It's still stuck but i get stuck much FASTER!

I am trying to other step mention in the spoiler... The repair portion seem to take a lot of time. I guest we will see.

Anyway thank you!

Kakail
11.17.2012 , 08:03 AM | #7
I found my problem. Bad harddrive. Wierd thing is the drive pass a chkdsk with no error. I found the problem when i try to copy the game file to other harddrive to verify is that help... Many file were unreadable for Windows. That was kind of a BIG clue about the problem.

So i suggest to people with update problem to try copying the game directory. That help verify if all the byte are readable.