Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can i buy extra char slots as F2P?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can i buy extra char slots as F2P?

Exiled-Phoenix
11.14.2012 , 03:49 PM | #1
I've been subbed since day 1 but i'm afraid i'll have to let it slide soon, F2P says u can only play 2 characters actively.
But can you buy extra character slots?
The Red Eclipse
VahxFrost'BiteSíon TéxCoriena
Vai'xSpike Decepta Brotu

mavsynchroid
11.14.2012 , 04:14 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Exiled-Phoenix View Post
I've been subbed since day 1 but i'm afraid i'll have to let it slide soon, F2P says u can only play 2 characters actively.
But can you buy extra character slots?
From listening to a swtor podcast, Yes. Freepers CAN buy new slots with cartel coins. However, subbers have all 12 unlocked ad CANNOT buy more. stinks if you wantd all 16 differentclass/roles I suppose.

Synxos
11.14.2012 , 04:21 PM | #3
So let's say I have 4 characters right now...and let my sub end in a month. How many characters can I access?

GnatB
11.14.2012 , 04:39 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by mavsynchroid View Post
From listening to a swtor podcast, Yes. Freepers CAN buy new slots with cartel coins. However, subbers have all 12 unlocked ad CANNOT buy more. stinks if you wantd all 16 differentclass/roles I suppose.
So it's a good thing there are only 8 different classes/roles, so you have 4 extra in case you somehow didn't realize the empire side mirrors the republic side, and doubled up on the same class for some reason.

Quote: Originally Posted by Synxos View Post
So let's say I have 4 characters right now...and let my sub end in a month. How many characters can I access?
2. They said they were going to add an unlock to the cartel shop shortly after it goes live, but it won't be available right away.

Darqz
11.14.2012 , 04:41 PM | #5
From the FAQ Post:

Ripster: There is a welcome screen that lists a benefit of subscribing as 10 additional slots. Will this mean subscribers will have 22 or that F2P will have 2?

Blaine: Great question and we want to make sure we’re clear on this one. Subscribers will still have 12 character slots available on a single server. F2P players will have 2 (as will Preferred). At Launch, we are not enforcing the penalty on subscribers who convert to Free-to-Play, but we will in a subsequent patch. A further wrinkle is that if you have more than two and you delete characters at Launch, you will not get that slot back. Example: I have 10 characters as a subscriber this November, but in December I cancel my subscription. When I login, I can still use all 10 characters (for now), but I cannot create new ones and if I delete one, I will have 9 and not be able to create another until I go down to 1. Make sense?