Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Good Job SWTOR

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthMors
11.15.2012 , 08:49 PM | #41
Love the game. TY DEVS...
There is no light,
There is no dark,
There is only what I make,
I am the Force.

Jett-Rinn
11.15.2012 , 08:56 PM | #42
SWTOR will be my game of choice for the foreseeable future, finally we have a MMO that feels like Star Wars....I foresee great things for this game.
Remember kids say anything remotely positive about SWTOR and you're automatically labeled a Bioware employee.

Lunafox
11.15.2012 , 08:57 PM | #43
For next time, they might wanna consider doing all the patch work and downtime the day before the big event release they advertised. It just seems a bit unprofessional to advertise a big deal thing like F2P, and new stuff for a certain day, and most of that day was spent offline...

But other than that, things are just dandy. Thanks.
Check out my novel! ETERNITY AWAITS

Cordelia
11.15.2012 , 08:58 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Jett-Rinn View Post
SWTOR will be my game of choice for the foreseeable future, finally we have a MMO that feels like Star Wars....I foresee great things for this game.
Well, to me SWG felt far more like Star Wars, particularly space, but glad you are enjoying the game

Evgen
11.16.2012 , 12:35 AM | #45
I can't join along in the positive feeling of this thread with all the long running, sometimes returning bugs, being promised better communication (something there really is nothing preventing them from doing) and paying to play on a low pop server in APAC why they wait to get F2P players. I do like the game, but I think a lot more could have been done at this point. So even though I'm liking the food, with this bad service I'm not going to tip, sorry.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

Palonto
11.16.2012 , 12:40 AM | #46
When I logged in yesterday I suspected a lag fest. There was lag, but not so much, for me, that it was unplayable. I really hope you are going to do a event with the scale of the rakghoul event. That was awesome!

Keep up the good work!
Proud member of SQUADRON 367
Quote:
C2-N2 - The only thing that crits is his voice in your earchannel!

Georg Zoeller

Larry_Dallas
11.16.2012 , 12:54 AM | #47
Yeah, good work on this. The sector X HK stuff was more than I expected. And the cartel is strangely tempting.

GhostRedSeven
11.16.2012 , 01:07 AM | #48
I also like the game still. Sure, there are bugs that creep in & out. I loved KOTOR1 (K2 not so much) and love the fact that there is continuity (even if moreso on Repub side). I love the fact that we have voiceover returns of Tom Kane, Cat Taber, and Jennifer Hale, as well as voiceover staples like Tara Strong, Maurice LaMarche, Kevin Michael Richardson, etc.....not to mention the screen celebs doing VOs.

All in all, I am happy with the game. I'm not a hardcore MMOer like I used to be, so can't say whether that plays into what I like about it....but only that I still do. Even with all the "zomg, this is the suxx0r" threads/in-game chat, the community as a whole is still pretty decent.

I will remain a subscriber until this game dries up completely for me or goes into the dirt...but that's what it'll take.

LordArtemis
11.16.2012 , 01:19 AM | #49
I may or may not be your target audience Bioware. But I just wanted to share this with you.

Before the F2P announcement I was on the fence as far as whether or not I should resub. I avoided buying the game until it hit 15 bucks, was VERY disappointed with the game in Beta and the state of the game after launch.

Then you announced F2P, put it up on the PTS and I gave it a whirl...I was sold.

I really cant express how much I hate...hate...im using the word hate here....HATE huge money sinks. Yes, I know they are needed, but they get in the way of my casual fun.

The legacy unlocks with cartel coins provides me the goodies without giving me overpowered I win button type items, which works for me. I like convenience, I don't want the game handed to me.

And I dont have to grind the coins.

Not only did you get me to sub, you got me to set aside 40 bucks for a slew of coins.

Good job guys. If you can get me to go from boredom and frustration, little to no chance of subbing to a sub AND extra coin purchase I think your going to do really well.

Just my two cents.

odericko
11.16.2012 , 01:21 AM | #50
+1. Big thanks to Bioware for making the best MMO I've played - never had as much fun duoing with a friend through a game as I have here.
Hiltar - Bounty Hunter - Jung Ma