Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What could this mean for TOR? Darth Vader to be resurrected for new Star Wars films?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What could this mean for TOR? Darth Vader to be resurrected for new Star Wars films?

Katsuragisama
11.14.2012 , 10:57 AM | #1
http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/73439831.html

A lot of sites apparently reported on this last night, but that one had the best picture. Does the mean we can expect older characters (not just from the movies, as we're no where even close to that time period) to start appearing in SW:TOR as well? Thoughts? *****es, gripes, complaints? O.o

Edited to stress, "not from the movies", as many people fail with logic and reading comprehension in this thread while knowing Darth Vader does not even exist, and cannot be older, they continue to reference him. Some people should read beyond the title... -.-
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello, Electronic Arts Inc. - CEO
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time... We're not gouging, but we're charging.

MrSchmo
11.14.2012 , 10:57 AM | #2
What does it mean for TOR? Nothing, nothing at all.
That's why they call it space, cause there is so much of it.

Diefenbaker
11.14.2012 , 10:59 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Katsuragisama View Post

A lot of sites apparently reported on this last night, but that one had the best picture. Does the mean we can expect older characters to start appearing in SW:TOR as well? Thoughts? *****es, gripes, complaints? O.o
No. It means absolutely nothing. Simple as that. How would older characters appear in SWTOR when SWTOR is a few THOUSAND years before the movies?

The TARDIS is not a canon vehicle in Star Wars.
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition”

chimex
11.14.2012 , 10:59 AM | #4
He wont be alive until about 3000 years after this game
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

ElitehunterDS
11.14.2012 , 11:00 AM | #5
A lot of those "stories" are based on one European Blog with no source.
Also nothing at all..
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

Kendaric
11.14.2012 , 11:05 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Diefenbaker View Post
Of course it is. The Doctor is everywhere!
(█⌉▀|▀|▀|▀[o]█]|▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Leematon
11.14.2012 , 11:06 AM | #7

I don't know. Though it pains me to say this, with Disney at the helm, a time travel device is not beyond the realms of possibility.

claxdog
11.14.2012 , 11:08 AM | #8
This will never happen.
Alienware Aurora r4 core i7 3820 16gb 1333 dual 7950 in crossfireX 2-256gb ssd 3x27inch monitors in eyfinity 5760x1080
viva la credits

Katsuragisama
11.14.2012 , 11:47 AM | #9
No. It means absolutely nothing. Simple as that. How would older characters appear in SWTOR when SWTOR is a few THOUSAND years before the movies?

Quote: Originally Posted by chimex View Post
He wont be alive until about 3000 years after this game
I only said older characters, from other areas of the lore, not Darth Vader specifically. I thought that was pretty evident, but apparently I was wrong. OP has been edited to reflect that.

I meant more specifically, characters that might have been killed in other areas of the lore (books, shows, not the movies), could they return?
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello, Electronic Arts Inc. - CEO
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time... We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Royox
11.14.2012 , 11:47 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Katsuragisama View Post

A lot of sites apparently reported on this last night, but that one had the best picture. Does the mean we can expect older characters (not just from the movies) to start appearing in SW:TOR as well? Thoughts? *****es, gripes, complaints? O.o
SWTOR is 3000 years before EpI...........