Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My taste of the novel Annihilation(SPOILER)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
My taste of the novel Annihilation(SPOILER)

Slowpokeking
11.17.2012 , 07:39 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by RazielHex View Post
You do realize the Empire loses this war, right?
We don't know about it, the Emperor's plan of devour the galaxy would be failure for sure.

Ausstig
11.17.2012 , 10:42 PM | #42
Does it? Who says? just beacuse there is a Republic in two thousand years doesn't mean it's the same one as is here now.

This is a new era, a blank slate. The next age is called "The Dark Age of The Republic" and that's not until the year 2,000bby, we are in like 3,658bby, 1,500 of blank history no need to kill the Empire in like 20 years.
Have Force lightning will travel

Girdeux
11.18.2012 , 03:32 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Ausstig View Post
Does it? Who says? just beacuse there is a Republic in two thousand years doesn't mean it's the same one as is here now.

This is a new era, a blank slate. The next age is called "The Dark Age of The Republic" and that's not until the year 2,000bby, we are in like 3,658bby, 1,500 of blank history no need to kill the Empire in like 20 years.
No. theres small references between the TOR game and Ruin about the Republic still being around. Even then there is another Darth who rises up to fight the Republic that has no affiliation to the empire in a few hundred years.

Darksaberexile
11.18.2012 , 03:48 AM | #44
Not much of a war if 1 side always loses. The Empire can have a few victories and still lose overall. (Really, just let a few of our Sith Lords win and gain some power, and they'll probably destroy the Empire for you trying to take control of it for themselves).

*shrugs*
Astinic level 55 sniper, Canderous Ordo server (now Jedi Covenant)

Izorii
11.18.2012 , 05:56 AM | #45
The book lacked something for me and I am not sure what. I liked the hero, I like master Gnost-Dural, I like the fact it was about a SIS agent not an army of jedi. I like the idea of the story.

However as many people said while Gnost-Dural was what I expected the SIth always seem simple and stupid. Also while I was happy to see the republic win I too am mainly an empire player and would like a book that would show them as more that simple minded fools who are not losing every battle.

Still I imagine a book like this is tough to write because of limits put on the story, the author also gets garanteed sales I only bought it because I play TOR. Still it was an enjoyable read and I was happy Gnost-Dural didn't die even though in truth his plan was retarded.

yoomazir
11.18.2012 , 10:50 PM | #46
I must say, I did enjoy some DK previous works, but this one felt uninspired.

Also the constant "REPUBLIC WINZ / EMPIRE LOZER" is really out of place in this era or any other, if opposite forces aren't equals during the period of the game or era then why even bother telling it?

To be honest I'm starting to wonder if my opinion on D.K. has been the wrong one all along.

Kaisernick
11.19.2012 , 01:15 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Quote:
ossibly left over from the Old Sith Wars or Emperor Vitiate's Sith Empire, and founded the New Sith Empire
hum well looks like we win after all

OldVengeance
11.20.2012 , 04:44 AM | #48
Even if there are any remnants of the Ancient Sith Empire around in the New Sith Wars, the Republic is still the unbroken dominant power until then.

Rayla_Felana
11.20.2012 , 06:14 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
Even if there are any remnants of the Ancient Sith Empire around in the New Sith Wars, the Republic is still the unbroken dominant power until then.
This, I really don't see it changing either.

maxetius
11.20.2012 , 05:00 PM | #50
if Drew could, he would have written half the Empire protagonists dead by the end of the novel.

Empire is fodder. Accept it.