Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My taste of the novel Annihilation(SPOILER)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
My taste of the novel Annihilation(SPOILER)

Ausstig
11.16.2012 , 02:54 AM | #31
So if the new Sith Lady is dead. What was the point of the novel?

Does it set up anything for an expansion? OR Is it just another rewrite of A New Hope, only less well writen?
Have Force lightning will travel

lokdron
11.16.2012 , 04:08 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Oh I forgot to mention, the door of the escape pod was sealed by Theron when Karrid tried to escape, so unless something special happens, she is dead.
Oh come on! Really!? Bloody hell this is annoying.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Slowpokeking
11.16.2012 , 11:32 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Ausstig View Post
So if the new Sith Lady is dead. What was the point of the novel?

Does it set up anything for an expansion? OR Is it just another rewrite of A New Hope, only less well writen?
More republic victory!

lokdron
11.17.2012 , 02:04 AM | #34
My one worry is the fact that the class stories are going to be scrapped for planet quest lines considering the events in the book lets hope I am wrong.

Honestly now I have no interest in the book, going by the reviews on amazon the book is from bad to mediocre. People are saying in the reviews karrid is not all that smart or cunning either just lucky.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya

Bleeters
11.17.2012 , 09:38 AM | #35
Considering the amount of derp the Empire pulls in act three onwards and how unorganised the Dark Council is, I can't say I'm surprised they're being crushed.

That said, I will be entirely disappointed if they don't get their crap together at some point. Having one faction pummeling the other into dust is most of the reason I lost patience with WoW's story.

[edit] hang on, Jace Malcom is Supreme Commander now? What happened to Rans?

lokdron
11.17.2012 , 10:37 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
Considering the amount of derp the Empire pulls in act three onwards and how unorganised the Dark Council is, I can't say I'm surprised they're being crushed.

That said, I will be entirely disappointed if they don't get their crap together at some point. Having one faction pummeling the other into dust is most of the reason I lost patience with WoW's story.

Exactly I thought the war is going to be more balanced going back and forth between the two sides but bioware seems to just want the republic hammer the empire into dust. I said in another thread if it keeps going like this empire players are going to start to leave since they will start to feel their stories are meaningless.

BenKatarn
11.17.2012 , 11:30 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
That's what I wanna know. If I had to guess, than perhaps he retired after that botched assassination attempt he almost fell victim to during the Battle of Ilum. This novel has quite a few of inconsistencies with the game that I almost want to disregard it entirely.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Bleeters
11.17.2012 , 11:52 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
That's what I wanna know. If I had to guess, than perhaps he retired after that botched assassination attempt he almost fell victim to during the Battle of Ilum. This novel has quite a few of inconsistencies with the game that I almost want to disregard it entirely.
I suppose that makes sense. He does go from being captured and tortured by the Empire to having a bomb explode in the room he's in, after all. That's a rough couple of days by anyone's stretch of the imagination.

Still, I'm surprised. He's supposed to be the most dedicated and driven of the Republic's military leadership, and didn't seem all that badly wounded afterwards. I was just hoping the novel would state why, rather than slapping the title on another character for apparently no better reason than to make him important again.

Ausstig
11.17.2012 , 06:41 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
This novel disregard it entirely.
Best advice I've heard
Have Force lightning will travel

RazielHex
11.17.2012 , 07:22 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
More republic victory!
You do realize the Empire loses this war, right?