Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What should/can I do?

11.13.2012 , 03:14 PM | #1
So I just resubscribed again after a long absence, stopped playing 3 months after release I think.

Now, I'm play bodyguard merc on tofn and wondering what I can do to gear up. I've got full champion set and some pve columni/tionese pve pieces as well.
How to gear up in pvp is pretty straightforward.

For pve gear, are there any dailies I should be doing? What hardmode flashpoints should I be able to handle and are people still running them? I've been online for a few hours now and in general chat I only see people advertising operation hardmode runs. I think I've done most hardmode flashpoints before I quit except the ones with obvious bugs and I think I went on one normal operation. So in what operations should I be fine?

Any other tips for a player who's been away for a long time are also welcome

11.13.2012 , 03:24 PM | #2
Storymode operations of Eternity Vault or Karagga's Palace should be fine in Tionese/Columni. It drops Columni gear, so it is geared for people who are not yet full Columni. Progression from there will be to Rakata, so you will need to run EV and KP hardmode to get that. You can also get black hole gear (higher than Rakata) by simply doing your daily flashpoint in the group finder, doing the daily/weekly quests from the terminal in the Supply section on the fleet and through some operations. If you need to find a group, you can utilize the group finder (top left icon on the mini map if you hadn't found it since you came back), but I would suggest finding a guild instead. You never know who you're going to get in group finder or if they are willing to help you through some early runs.

Once you have your Rakata and/or blackhole gear, you'll be ready to start tackling Explosive Content storymode and then hardmode for campaign gear (similar to blackhole, but typically better and has set bonuses). And then you'll move on to the newest operation Terror From Beyond. Also keep augmenting your gear in the back of your mind as you can use augment kits to allow for augments to be placed in any piece you have and greatly improve your performance on any level.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here