Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP in it's glory day, a reflection on 1.1.5

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP in it's glory day, a reflection on 1.1.5

filipesantana
11.14.2012 , 07:58 AM | #31
wrong..

any type of pvp gear reward that doesnt require any SKILL whatsoever is bad....

you dont need a rating...you dont need ANYTHING, all you need its to play...a BOT can get full pvp gear, how does that make any sense?God bless rating sistes and rating requirements on pvp...rewarding who DESERVES to be rewarded...not who plays the most...

then again..between 2 bad sistems at least the GRINDING one you ahve now requires you to play and actualy try to win to make the grind shorter...nack then you only had to open bags mostly...so...basically you are telling me that a pvp gear loterry is better then a pvp gear grind?! (when both are terrible to be honest..like i said pvp gear should be rewarded upon skill...at least the top tier..its not elitism, this happens in EVERY aspect of life..

Sowwy
11.14.2012 , 07:58 AM | #32
1.1.5 also sported the closest thing to balance this game has achieved yet. TTK was long enough that players could outwit their opponents, and warzones had a greater variety of classes/specs. I don't understand BW's reasoning, but they have since put the wrong people in charge of pvp. I do wish that I could contact then convince upper management that the fundamentals still exist for attractive pvp, my server though active is losing people. They need to replace their current pvp team, who are evidently incompetent.

JackNader
11.14.2012 , 08:26 AM | #33
Shrugl.. personally I'd rather a system where all the armoring, hilts, barrels, mods and enhancements are up for comms purchase. Pick what you want and chuck it in orange gear. Good to go.

Danapa
11.14.2012 , 08:55 AM | #34
PRe 1.2 pvp sucked period stacking buffs such as relics adrenal and wz stims etc and some say TTK was better? my vaguard tank *** still hurt from those oepratives killing him in 3 globals or 3,5k damage nonstop tracer spam,or beign able to use the rakata medpac and the wz one at same time so ppl returned to full hp in an instant maybe that was that made ttk feel right? ha! opening bags and bags just to get the same piece of gear or nothing at all,,,,,,it was terrible tbh

vimm
11.14.2012 , 09:41 AM | #35
Lol, I don't know about glory..
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Sowwy
11.14.2012 , 09:52 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Danapa View Post
PRe 1.2 pvp sucked period stacking buffs such as relics adrenal and wz stims etc and some say TTK was better? my vaguard tank *** still hurt from those oepratives killing him in 3 globals or 3,5k damage nonstop tracer spam,or beign able to use the rakata medpac and the wz one at same time so ppl returned to full hp in an instant maybe that was that made ttk feel right? ha! opening bags and bags just to get the same piece of gear or nothing at all,,,,,,it was terrible tbh

It needed some minor fixes. It did NOT require an entire overhaul which is what we received.

Larry_Dallas
11.14.2012 , 12:57 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
ilum is destined for failure without some massive changes to the game engine. and given by the fact that every "optimization" to the engine has only resulted in WORSE performance, i doubt that will happen.

this version of the hero engine can barely handle 8v8 warzone pvp, you think it will be able to handle 50v50 any better than it did in 1.1.5?
Yeah, that's the 20,000 pound elephant in that post. Would have been fine to have an ilum-related daily if ilum worked, but it didn't, and it got worse with every graphical "fix." Forget 50 v 50...Ilum handled 1 v 1s worse than anywhere else. Used to head to Korriban, hoth or tattoine to duel each other. Not Ilum.

Also, the he's leaving out merc comms, which were a really bad idea considering the only world sources spawned, like, once every 12 hours or something ridiculous.

I do agree that that was the high-water mark for class balance, though.

Smashbrother
11.14.2012 , 01:30 PM | #38
Anyone who thinks the old gear grind was reasonable is remembering it through rose colored glasses. Grinding those bags was extremely terrible since you had absolutely no control over what you were getting. RNG bags were the worst idea to ever come out since square shaped wheels.

As and for longer TTK? Lolwut? Say hello to "Whole teams popping adrenals and relics and FF one person".

Erudain
11.14.2012 , 01:37 PM | #39
Lol what is true in most MMORPGs is that the first 3 months are usually the best time for everything....everyone is somewhat new to everything, there are still no big gear imbalances, everyone is having fun, etc

Couver
11.14.2012 , 01:38 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by KhalDrogoe View Post
Whoever says this bag system was a bad system is a complete moron.
It was an interesting post until this part, in which I stopped reading.

Not everyone is going to agree with eachother. Resorting to name calling because your opinions differ from others isn't cool.