Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP in it's glory day, a reflection on 1.1.5

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP in it's glory day, a reflection on 1.1.5

MorgothQuick
11.13.2012 , 10:43 PM | #11
The rng of the bags was bad, the pvp itself was awesome.

PvP is now a cc instagib fest which I totally dislike, and I'm a Rage Juggernaut having had to respec from Vengeance to be competitive. They buffed the wrong bloody tree, Vengeance/Vigilance needed the damage buff not Rage. The dots in Vengeance/Vigilance need to scale, and that would have fixed the spec. I still don't see why they nerfed it instead

DarthSabreth
11.14.2012 , 02:03 AM | #12
1.2 was the best patch in my opinion, the bag grind with random drops was a silly idea, i would rather work for what i want and get my gear.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

POPsi
11.14.2012 , 03:01 AM | #13
The RNG bag system wasn't that bad, the pvp was indeed good. However I got ****** with Ilum and the terribad pvp quests there and the game engine that can't handle properly more than 20 people. Seriously, the game wasn't playable if you were on Ilum on Tuesdays/Wednesdays. That's why I quit for like 6 months and just came back recently.

skotish
11.14.2012 , 03:05 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by POPsi View Post
The RNG bag system wasn't that bad, the pvp was indeed good. However I got ****** with Ilum and the terribad pvp quests there and the game engine that can't handle properly more than 20 people. Seriously, the game wasn't playable if you were on Ilum on Tuesdays/Wednesdays. That's why I quit for like 6 months and just came back recently.
This ^^
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankenseuss View Post
Palpetine: "... Not from a TOR dev."
TOFN Farquar'hoffe/Val'korsin

Boyana
11.14.2012 , 03:07 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by KhalDrogoe View Post

The Good:

PvP Players had 2 daily quests to complete each day, and 2 weeklies. 1 which made people queue into WZ's, and the other which forced people to Ilum.
People complained about Ilum being really badly designed and how forcing them to do those quest is terrible. They asked for Ilum to be removed. DX Sadly, BW listened.

Oh, I forgot to add: In my opinion damage is the problem for pvp.

Biggilus
11.14.2012 , 03:20 AM | #16
Warhammer has it good for gear grinding and openworld PVP.

Then Bioware took hold of the reigns, and it went to ****. Thought they used Warhammer as the testign grounds for PVP in this game, trial by error, but it seems they still suck :/

AMKSED
11.14.2012 , 03:26 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Boyana View Post
People complained about Ilum being really badly designed and how forcing them to do those quest is terrible. They asked for Ilum to be removed. DX Sadly, BW listened.

It's because OWPvP is unplayable in this game due to how Bioware coded their character models. You get 30+ people in one area spamming abilites, say hello to 5 FPS.

GrandMike
11.14.2012 , 03:39 AM | #18
They knew that they wont add anything to the game for a looooooong time so they made tremeduous grinds.

It will not change in the future, when you have no content you have grinds.

Quote: Originally Posted by Boyana View Post

People didnt ask for it to be removed, people asked for it to be FIXED.

Since they obviously cant fix it they just removed it instead.

I guess you have to be very careful about demands to fix their game because stuff could just....vanish instead lol

POPsi
11.14.2012 , 03:42 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by AMKSED View Post
It's because OWPvP is unplayable in this game due to how Bioware coded their character models. You get 30+ people in one area spamming abilites, say hello to 5 FPS.
Let's assume the engine is ok (which is not and will not be), Ilum would still suck big time. Just recall what was happening with the faction imbalance in early 2012... one faction camping the other base entrance hoping for a lucky kill... that's not open world pvp, it's a joke. Unless they can actually come up with some really objective based open world pvp other than "capture this point" there will be nothing worthwhile but warzones.

Draekos
11.14.2012 , 03:59 AM | #20
The TTK was much better, heat wasn't as bad for mercs, but some of the changes were good for the game. I don't even want to know what the game would be like with adrenals as they were. We'd probably have seen a 2 mil damage screenshot by now. Smash's for 10k, etc would be comedy.
Currently playing Nhatt Sixpack on the Bastion.