Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To difficult to reach level 50

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
To difficult to reach level 50

Marvin_jedi
11.13.2012 , 01:05 PM | #1
I am playing Star Wars for 3 months. It is impossible to reach level 50. I stuck with my commando on level 45. I tried to play the Jedi class. One consular (level 43) and Sentinel (level 37) Same story. I am not able to level my other characters as well. It is the first time i play MMO. I like the game, story line but it stops for me at level 45 with my commando. I spend whole weekends to play this game. Now i play 10 mins. I am now on Voss and the missions are to difficult. So i can't level any more. The class story i reach chapter 3 and now i stuck to defeat an ancient beast. Wow i said the first time i saw. I died 3 time and i almost defeated the ancient beast. So it is not an option to play my class quest to level.. Spend a lot of money to upgrade my abilities and gear. Ask some one for help is also impossible. There is no player on the server who wants to play with me. I always helps others.. I am thinking to give it up and stop my subscription.
I think this game is for pro MMO players. I am a Star Wars fan not a pro or experience player.
I feel bad to stop playing this game and can't see the rest of the story line..

Marvin_jedi
11.13.2012 , 01:29 PM | #2
I will play the Hoth bonus series...
See how it will have effect on my leveling. I finished other bonus series...

Oggthebase
11.13.2012 , 01:33 PM | #3
Don't give up!
if you're talking about the avatar of Sel Makor in the nightmare lands on Voss, it is one of the hardest encounters in the game (in my opinion).

Are you using your heroic moment? Are you interrupting his casts (it's critical you interrupt them!)?

Have you tried running heroics and/or flashpoints to get some better gear?
It's also a good opportunity to make new friends and ask the people you're grouped with during the flashpoint if they have some time to help you afterwards with the avatar of Sel Makor.
Or you could join a guild. What server are you on? Have you tried asking on the forum of your server?

revansowns
11.13.2012 , 01:51 PM | #4
Don't give up man

A big thing that helps is to make sure you have rested XP. When you have rested XP, your experience bar is green (as opposed to yellow unrested XP), and you gain experience faster. It's not such a big deal early on, because you don't need as much experience to level, but as you progress through the game it helps a lot, especially when you close in on 50.

You can get rested XP by entering a rest zone. Cantinas, your ship, your faction's fleet; all of these are rest zones. Just log off in one and leave your character in there for a day or two, and that helps a lot.
The Darkslayer Legacy
Zhendai - Level 50 Jedi Guardian Valixe - Level 50 Sith Sorcerer Omin'it - Level 50 Sniper Valiantes - Level 50 Commando Thondurr - Level 29 Jedi Shadow Devasion - Level 25 Sith Marauder Jizzar - Level 19 Powertech Tegldef -Level 18 Scoundrel

LukeSaberRattler
11.13.2012 , 01:53 PM | #5
The great thing about an MMO is if you are stuck and really truly can't get past a fight. Send out a friendly request for help in Chat. Have someone come in with you and finish the fight with you. That being said can't give to much on tactics without knowing what you play as a healer or a dps? If healer make sure you are using a geared m1-4x or Tanno Vik. If you are dps Elara Dorne is your friend just keep him off her and you should be set. Outside of that any class must remember to use interrupts anytime you see he start to cast anything.
The Harbinger
Skabiin lvl 55 DPS Juggernaut -- Skaviin lvl 50 DPS Guardian -- Kappo lvl 55 DPS Sniper -- Verucaa'Salt lvl 47 Tank Vangaurd -- Snozzberry lvl 44 DPS Gunslinger -- Vermicious'knid lvl 45 Tank Shadow -- Viizla lvl 37 DPS Mercenary -- Okiira lvl 37 DPS Sentinel

Marvin_jedi
11.13.2012 , 02:15 PM | #6
I try to don't give up.
I had tactics to level. What i do i play first the planet quest. If i finish the quest then i go to next planet. Play some mission there. Then i will go for my class quest. I always want to be two levels above the minimum level. This helps me a lot until Belsavis. I can't play the Hoth bonus mission because the minimum level is 47.
I will ask in the chat if some one will join me to play... I play always with healer companion.
I spend a lot of credit to buy some gear and weapons.
Thx for the tips. I will use it to defeat the difficult enemies.

BeToo
11.13.2012 , 02:24 PM | #7
You said you've upgraded your gear, don't forget to do so to your companion as well. Also, you can try switching to a different companion, as some work better in certain situations than others.

The fights from 45-50 are definitely harder, IMO. You could also try running some FPs or Space missions to get up a few more levels before trying it again.

Marvin_jedi
11.13.2012 , 02:32 PM | #8
I upgrade my companions also.
I played once a flash point. I will play it more often.

Oggthebase
11.13.2012 , 05:17 PM | #9
you can also try to look for a guild so that they can help you learn the game too! Just post in your server forum

Nothematic
11.13.2012 , 05:32 PM | #10
I have to say I know whe you're coming from - the fights for the consular and the inquisitor on voss are insane - a massive jump from belsavis.

I'd recommend either doing a few moreclevelsthrough pvp or flashpoints, upgrading you and your companions gear and maybe bringing someone with you to help.