Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood on/off toggle for Jedi

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Andryah
11.13.2012 , 11:17 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
And here I thought we'll get some new answer, a new hope but nope. Same thing over and over.
Just like all things in real life, you get a new answer when there is new news to report.

Allison was kind enough to take time to pull up the most current information publicly available, for anyone who may not already be aware of it (or forgotten it or just wants to ignore it). So IMO, I think you should cut her a little slack.

/2-cents
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

waterdaemon
11.13.2012 , 11:18 AM | #22
I know it's not the solution everyone is looking for, but it does work. A few head pieces will cause the hood to toggle down (which also tells us the toggle is already in game, just no interface for it.) Ctr-left-click your way through what's available until you find one. I can think of one example off the top of my head: the adaptable social armor on Hoth includes a headband that causes hoods to toggle down.

Andryah
11.13.2012 , 11:20 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Not in 1.2 but in the next major patch after. When something is worked on and whoever is in charge says that it should arrive at designated time then it means something. It's ridiculous how they decide to ignore the matter out of the sudden and we had to wait since February to get any sort of a response in October. I also see a keyword "will". They "will extend this functionality" but where is the functionality they were supposed to extend?
They have also commented that it turned out to be way more work then they thought.. and hence could not meet their initial estimate for a patch-in.

IMO, it's comments like yours above that inhibits more open communications by the Bioware staff because you insist on holding them literally to anything and everything they say. You want more open communications, be more open to things changing as unforseen complications to a content change arise.

/2-cents

Andryah
11.13.2012 , 11:21 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by waterdaemon View Post
I know it's not the solution everyone is looking for, but it does work. A few head pieces will cause the hood to toggle down (which also tells us the toggle is already in game, just no interface for it.) Ctr-left-click your way through what's available until you find one. I can think of one example off the top of my head: the adaptable social armor on Hoth includes a headband that causes hoods to toggle down.
Exactly. It's a very good player workaround until they release a hood toggle.

Urael
11.13.2012 , 11:21 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
The feature is still something we want to add, but we don't have a date at this time.
So basically ...

Soon!!()

Alec_Fortescue
11.13.2012 , 11:22 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Exactly. It's a very good player workaround until they release a hood toggle.
Afaik it is no longer possible on pts and will carry on to 1.5.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Traditional Jedi robes please! And then I am gone from general discussion. Promise! :]
Devs, it can't get any more iconic and traditional than this: http://i.imgur.com/9ha8ELu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/2NoBT6o.jpg http://imgur.com/7nHRBnW http://i.imgur.com/5J9oXnP.jpg http://i.imgur.com/ek3XDEc.jpg

I would love KotOR 1 Jedi robes, too!

Andryah
11.13.2012 , 11:24 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by MimicUnleashed View Post
We'll pay you again when you do the work we, essentially, hired you for.
Your choice, not mine.

I'm going to continue to subscribe and play as the lack of a hood toggle switch does not break the game for me. I have used the headpiece workaround for all my toggle needs to date.

I'll happily use the hood toggle when they patch it in, but it's not important enough to me to use as a basis for threats and accusations directed at Bioware staff.

Urael
11.13.2012 , 11:39 AM | #28
I'll happily use the hood toggle when they patch it in, but it's not important enough to me to use as a basis for threats and accusations directed at Bioware staff.
Indeed. Basically this is a "clipping issue". I hope along with the hood toggle we also see Masks with hoods for all amour sets and "long hair" styles that are not "put up".

Andryah
11.13.2012 , 11:41 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
I hope along with the hood toggle we also see Masks with hoods for all amour sets and "long hair" styles that are not "put up".
I'd be up for that as well, and I'm sure at some point they will get the issues hammered flat so they can move forward.

The thing that always amazes me about an MMO player base is they want EVERYTHING on day 1. That kind of defeats the rationale for patches..... so to me it's a single player console mindset.

MasterMe
11.13.2012 , 12:08 PM | #30
Just like all things in real life, you get a new answer when there is new news to report.

Allison was kind enough to take time to pull up the most current information publicly available, for anyone who may not already be aware of it (or forgotten it or just wants to ignore it). So IMO, I think you should cut her a little slack.

/2-cents
^^This^^

I'm just happy that they DO plan on getting it done.... at some point.