Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gifts (Cartel Coins)

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Fizzbang
11.12.2012 , 08:37 PM | #1
I am currently paying for two subscriptions right now via 60-day game time cards (my account, and my son's account). While I plan on continuing to subscribe, I am getting the feeling that how infrequently my son plays (he has been playing for 6 months and has yet to get a character to 50), I am thinking the preferred option is the way to go for him.

That said, I am wondering if it's possible to use the cartel coins that I have amassed on my account (which will remain an active subscription) and the stipend of CC every month to unlock thing for his account? I ask because I saw there is a cargo bay unlock that "makes a great gift", does that mean that there are plenty of other things out there (global account unlocks) that I can gift to him with my stipend so that his game play experience is as close to what it was?

hate-wizard
11.12.2012 , 09:24 PM | #2
Almost everything you get from the Cartel Shop seems to be tradeable/BOE after some set period of time. So you could keep your son's account subbed until f2p, spend all those cartel coins, then send over everything to your account and turn his account into f2p. Or, on the otherhand, you could use your coins to buy him the unlocks he needs to play like he was - but I believe it gets pretty expensive pretty fast.
Kherådruakh, Moløtch

Bronholz
11.12.2012 , 09:27 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Fizzbang,

Thanks for contacting us.

As hate-wizard has stated you will be able to transfer Cartel Market items to other accounts through the mail system. So you will be able to give your son upgrades that you may already have from being a subscriber.

Thanks.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

MLPBrendan
09.29.2014 , 07:42 PM | #4
but are cartel coins, specifically, gift-able in anyway? because there are alot of things purchasable for unlock that do not come as a trade-able object, for example strongholds have rooms, not objects, that you can use to purchase with cartel coins. i wish to gift some cartel coins to my friend so he can finish unlocking his stronghold, but no way to do so.

Haxxsaw
09.30.2014 , 12:18 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MLPBrendan View Post
but are cartel coins, specifically, gift-able in anyway? because there are alot of things purchasable for unlock that do not come as a trade-able object, for example strongholds have rooms, not objects, that you can use to purchase with cartel coins. i wish to gift some cartel coins to my friend so he can finish unlocking his stronghold, but no way to do so.
Sure you can. Cartel Coins can purchased from some retail places, including Amazon.