Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Resurrecting Vader (from death). Star Wars episode 7, already ruined.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Resurrecting Vader (from death). Star Wars episode 7, already ruined.

Cbaoth
11.13.2012 , 05:32 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by sstanks View Post
I remember when people freaked out over Heath Ledger being cast as the joker. People said Batman was ruined. .
Not even remotly the same scenario mate. We are not talking about recasting of Vader here.
“Pain is weakness leaving the body”

Eillack
11.13.2012 , 05:36 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Andge View Post
I agree that ressurecting Vader sounds totally lame.

BUT it's important to point out that the screenwriter is Michael Arndt - one of the best screenwriters in Hollywood at the moment. This gives me extremely high hopes for the next SW-film, no matter how stupid the plot might sound.
Doesn't mkae up if the movie(s) are already bad from the start.

"Vader" doesn't even exist anymore. Anakin is a force ghost (whether you accept the newer ending or the orig. of Ep VI).

When the new films already start out ot completely contradict everything, nothing good can come out of it. This'll be the Transformers of Star Wars - somewhat looks like it, uses the same names, etc...but in the end it it something completely separate and different.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Mr_Pancakes
11.13.2012 , 06:28 AM | #83
This makes me a sad wookie (ok there wasnt a crying wookie so this will have to do :P)

tunewalker
11.13.2012 , 06:32 AM | #84

sstanks
11.13.2012 , 06:35 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Cbaoth View Post
Not even remotly the same scenario mate. We are not talking about recasting of Vader here.
it's completely the same scenario you have no idea whats going on or even if the rumor is true. You hear the name Vader and you freak out thinking of the worst possible scenario with out any actual thought into what it could mean. You assume that

a. it's 100% true.
b. that Vader ie Anakin will be Resurected some how
c. that it can only mean that he is resurected and that he will be the main villian.

Not putting any thought into any number of other posiblities if it is even true in the first place.

Zaxem
11.13.2012 , 06:43 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by sithgreyguard View Post
I dont understand this at all !, i need Morgan Freeman to explain this to me.
lol now i have to watch that south park episode again
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Legolose
11.13.2012 , 07:40 AM | #87
Why ?!?!?!?

Are you freakin kidding me ?!?!?
Vos'feratu | 55 | Sorcerer Vittoneli | 55 | Gunslinger
Vos'barake | 55| Guardian Vos'mauul | 55 | Sentinel
Server | The Shadowlands |

Cbaoth
11.13.2012 , 07:45 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by sstanks View Post
it's completely the same scenario you have no idea whats going on or even if the rumor is true. You hear the name Vader and you freak out thinking of the worst possible scenario with out any actual thought into what it could mean. You assume that

a. it's 100% true.
b. that Vader ie Anakin will be Resurected some how
c. that it can only mean that he is resurected and that he will be the main villian.

Not putting any thought into any number of other posiblities if it is even true in the first place.
Why did I just now you would say something like that.
I know you didnt see this but in another post in this thread I actually wrote "IF this is one day officially confirmed", so obviously im talking under the assumption that this is not confirmed, and yet IF it turns out it is, that it will completly ruin the movie regardless of the way they use him. If they do it will most likely be because there is money to be made with the Vader character, and in their greed they will overuse it to a point where it is just tasteless.
Now ..you can believe what ever YOU want, I cant change that and noor do I want to. The fact that we dont agree dont make any of us right.

Also im not freaking out about it.. just speculating. There is a difference.

And finally NO..its not the same. You dont even explain why you think its the same. You have one movie where people argue that a certain actor is not right for the part, and you have another movie where people(atleast me) argue that a certain character that died in a previous movie should stay dead.

This is the same how?
“Pain is weakness leaving the body”

sstanks
11.13.2012 , 07:51 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Cbaoth View Post
Why did I just now you would say something like that.
I know you didnt see this but in another post in this thread I actually wrote "IF this is one day officially confirmed", so obviously im talking under the assumption that this is not confirmed, and yet IF it turns out it is, that it will completly ruin the movie regardless of the way they use him. If they do it will most likely be because there is money to be made with the Vader character, and in their greed they will overuse it to a point where it is just tasteless.
Now ..you can believe what ever YOU want, I cant change that and noor do I want to. The fact that we dont agree dont make any of us right.

Also im not freaking out about it.. just speculating. There is a difference.

And finally NO..its not the same. You dont even explain why you think its the same. You have one movie where people argue that a certain actor is not right for the part, and you have another movie where people(atleast me) argue that a certain character that died in a previous movie should stay dead.

This is the same how?
really?? so if Vader apears in a vision to Luke then it would completely ruin all of Star Wars??

Saying it will completely ruin star wars with out having any information IS freaking out.

as for my comparions it's pretty self explanitory. People hear something about an upcomming movie with no frame of refernece and assume the worst.

gabarooni
11.13.2012 , 08:45 AM | #90
Wow im glad I don't let myself get as worked up as you guys over water cooler gossip.
New Gear is the ONLY type of character progression at endgame. Raiders are not the only ones who want to continue to progress their toons throughout an expansion. Im a bad bad speller.