Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Resurrecting Vader (from death). Star Wars episode 7, already ruined.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Resurrecting Vader (from death). Star Wars episode 7, already ruined.

Beniboybling
11.12.2012 , 02:37 PM | #11

I'm treating this information with heavy skepticism, gossip columns can hardly be trusted. Last time I checked, Vader died and became one with the Force, as such his body dematerialized and his suit was cremated, he then became one with the Force after embracing the light and returned as a Force ghost.

ergo Vader is dead. This guy ain't coming back, certainly not as Darth Vader.

Beniboybling
11.12.2012 , 02:39 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Angedechu View Post
They said he is to return. , not resurrect

If the movie take place in -10 ABY, that could be possible
*gasp* you could be onto something here...

Angedechu
11.12.2012 , 02:43 PM | #13
Besides, there are ways to return the character to life without resurrectting him

Darth Vader, likes Boba Fett, is hard to separate from his armor.

It would be very Star Wars like to have a Dark Jedi use exactly the same armor as Darth Vader to terrorize the republic.

Wolfninjajedi
11.12.2012 , 02:46 PM | #14
Besides, there are ways to return the character to life without resurrectting him

It would be very Star Wars like to have a Dark Jedi use exactly the same armor as Darth Vader to terrorize the republic.
The armor was burned.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
11.12.2012 , 02:46 PM | #15

I like, I like. To be fair though, I'm not sure we can say anything at all about these films - I mean is there any substantial evidence that says the sequels will occur after the events of ROTJ, or that they will be sequels at all?

EDIT: Then again, the fact that its called Episode VII seems to imply it will be a sequel...
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
The armor was burned.
New armor can be made. And a seen where this is happening would explain to viewers that this is not Darth Vader but a pretender - still, it could confuse the general audience.

Slowpokeking
11.12.2012 , 02:47 PM | #16

That's the original idea of the Dark Empire comic, then GL let the author brought Palpatine back.

But still I don't want to see some Vader imposter, we need a new villain.

Wolfninjajedi
11.12.2012 , 02:49 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I like, I like. To be fair though, I'm not sure we can say anything at all about these films - I mean is there any substantial evidence that says the sequels will occur after the events of ROTJ, or that they will be sequels at all?

New armor can be made. And a seen where this is happening would explain to viewers that this is not Darth Vader but a pretender - still, it could confuse the general audience.
I doubt Vader's armor could be remade exactly as it once was, given that it also had some sith alchemy in it. But...will see though if it is a pretender, they could have worded it much clearer.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
11.12.2012 , 02:51 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I doubt Vader's armor could be remade exactly as it once was, given that it also had some sith alchemy in it. But...will see though if it is a pretender, they could have worded it much clearer.
Personally I'm just taking this as another rumor, I have little reason to believe its true.

Angedechu
11.12.2012 , 02:57 PM | #19
Anyone here read the Hand of Thrawn books ?

Beniboybling
11.12.2012 , 03:00 PM | #20
Anyone here read the Hand of Thrawn books ?
You think Vader might have cloned himself... interesting. But unlikely. If Vader or Palpatine had made an Anakin clone, it would quickly replace Vader being more powerful and the Chosen One etcera, unless somehow the Anakin was less powerful, or the process was never completed...