Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Level 35 PT Pyro; I hate this class; seriously considering rerolling.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Level 35 PT Pyro; I hate this class; seriously considering rerolling.

sumuser
11.12.2012 , 04:47 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Gokkus View Post
While we are on the subject: I cant seem to be of much use as a PT (Tank) in PvP. Compared to my Sorc I get about 50% of the amount of medals.

So how to play a PT in PvP?
In two words: You Don't

The vast majority of a PT shieldtech defenses is passive migration which does not stop 90% of PvP damage. In effect, your shields are useless in PvP because tech / force attacks from other players go right through them. As a PT shieldtech myself, our class is the absolute worse PvP tank class. In PvE we are great though as NPC attacks are largely shield'able.

Some die hard tanks put on DPS spec armor for PvP... but honestly, for PTs, thatís a stupid move. Even changing cylinders your DPS sucks and without the heat management abilities of the pyro or AP trees you WILL over heat in record time....
Jedi Covenant
Apotheosis | lvl 50 | Bounty Hunter
Utnapishtim | lvl 50 | Sith Warrior

GnatB
11.12.2012 , 04:53 AM | #22
Well, other than gear, *level* also matters. Doing all the quests and such, you should almost always be overleveled for the planet you're supposed to be on. You didn't mention whether or not your brother was the same level fighting the same enemy.

And yeah, greens are the new grey. In TOR, you should pretty much always be in blues or better.

IIRC, Hoth is usually the big jump in difficulty for tankish types, but I believe I usually hit Hoth over lvl 40. (w/o doing any FP's, and few heroics), so I'm unsure that's your issue, if you're running into a wall at 35. Problem is at Hoth you start running into a lot more foes with elemental attacks, which basically ignore pretty much all the tank's defensive abilities, and it becomes a straight DPS race... which tank characters aren't really equipped to win.

FINNT
11.12.2012 , 05:22 AM | #23
Like someone hinted, check that Mako is still in Med watch, annoyingly this randomly reset to default stance.
:laser:

oakamp
11.12.2012 , 05:37 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by JediTrials View Post
I play as a level 35 Pyro, and my brother is a Sniper.

We fight the same thing, and my companion and I die all the time, with the boss at half health.

When he fights this, he kills it, with both his companion and his toon almost at full health.
:
yup, cause stupid BW nerf PT hardly and don't give it a 60sec CC.

but i am still the most top dps in my team with bw hurt my hands.
English is not my first language, still working on it.

Gruulz
11.12.2012 , 05:50 AM | #25
I really suggest you to finish all the story quest b4 getting on anotehr new planet, the amount of comms and gear you are getting, not only for you but for your companion too, is pretty high, you will find yourself more geared on the later levels and mob killing will be easier, just my two cents....

hippiechick
11.12.2012 , 05:54 AM | #26
Im lvling a Pyro right now, she is 44, and all I do is grab Torian Cadera and muscle my way through just about anything in the game. If I fail it once or twice I switch to Mako but I havent had to do this very often. I am using simply quest gear and random loot drops I have found along the way and and I am by no stretch of the word a "good" player. In fact I pretty much suck. What rotation do I use? Whatever is lit up at the moment. Seriously, I suck that bad. I have no trouble taking gold mobs/class quest boss mobs down.

What it sounds like to me is that you dont like that char and it is effecting EVERYthing you do with it. So really, just switch to a char you like more. Problem solved!

M
If at first you don't succeed...
then skydiving isn't for you.

lklinga
11.12.2012 , 06:43 AM | #27
I find it hard to believe.

Plowing through anything really with no problem just bit of gear of the appropriate level blues.

Mako and Me

rotation is Death from above as opener , Jet pack [forgot the name] in middle of the mobs twirls flame burst thrower railshot rocket punch and so on

Basically nothing stands a chanve if it is not a group of golds and even then I am soloing heroic 2s routinely.
It is probably easiest PVE class.

Nilmot
11.12.2012 , 07:11 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Rassuro View Post
Great advice if you want to waste time leveling to above where you're supposed to be and play the game on easy mode. Everything in the game can be done at at least the level the game recommends, if you know the mechanics of the fight and are at least somewhat decently geared (both you and your companion).
Always drives me nutty when poeople insist that you MUST do the bonus series so that you can be 5 levels over content. If you want to do them for the stories or whatever, that's fine, but they absolutley aren't needed to maintain an appropriate pace and be on level for your quests.

Galbatorrix
11.12.2012 , 07:14 AM | #29
Switch to tank spec. My Vanguard (mirror class) was tank specced up until 50 and I never came across a "boss star" mob out in the wild that I couldn't take. It took a little longer to down things, but I NEVER died. At 50, Assault (Pyro) all the way.

grombrinda
11.12.2012 , 07:31 AM | #30
Btw..might I ask what would be the proper rotation for pyro??
I seem to always be overheated.(well not always) ...and i do use stun and interrupt when I can.
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!