Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stunned 44x in a 10-12 minute Voidstar Match

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Stunned 44x in a 10-12 minute Voidstar Match

MorgothQuick
11.12.2012 , 11:57 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
So what? BioWare fails
This right here.

Carry on.

PlagaNerezza
11.12.2012 , 12:11 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Mercbenz View Post
I was also under the impression using your stuns strategically would be important. Since 1.4 it seems people just use it when it's up because there's no real harm most of the time. I see lowbies popping knock back in the worst situations just cause it is up as well. In ranked this issue wasn't bad as good teams do use stuns strategically but now bubble throws that out the windows. It's to the point that I'd rather burn down the tanks than go after a great bubble sage/sorc.

I sent in a ticket and got that same response, it's a template.

In an effort to make this productive, lets get more stun match counts and ideas how to fix this (since BW clearly can't).

I love the shorter cool down on the breaker, but I think it needs a small immunity window.
Stunning a stunned player could backfire, break their stun, or maybe just add a lot of resolve.
Resolve could fill 4x but full resolve may make you debuffed and take say 10% more damage.
Roots should add resolve
I'd like a red text message when stunned
Saying a KB isn't strategic could be guys like me using them when my healer is stunned and getting stunlocked. It might appear to be a bad time if you are not guarding someone and watching your teams health bars like a tank and healer.

As to stuns in this game its pretty fair that if you don't like the mechanic at this point its time to quit. This game has more stuns and cc than any other game on the market today. This is at this point a design feature. The game has a reputation. If you think spending that amount of time under CC is unacceptable stop playing.

I think its a joke and exploit the heck out of the CC system. Make an assassin. Just ruin everyones game pvp experience by using all your CC constantly. I figure if everyone constantly is able to CC we should and then everyone will unsub or quit and they won't have any money and then we can get a real pvp development staff after it goes open source. I mean we get P2W in 3 days!
Judust Jax
7 days of free subscription! A free server transfer! + More Goodies!
New & Returning Players. Give a Click and Get a Click!
http://www.swtor.com/r/zTCMYK!

TUXs
11.12.2012 , 12:20 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by PlagaNerezza View Post
Saying a KB isn't strategic could be guys like me using them when my healer is stunned and getting stunlocked. It might appear to be a bad time if you are not guarding someone and watching your teams health bars like a tank and healer.

As to stuns in this game its pretty fair that if you don't like the mechanic at this point its time to quit. This game has more stuns and cc than any other game on the market today. This is at this point a design feature. The game has a reputation. If you think spending that amount of time under CC is unacceptable stop playing.

I think its a joke and exploit the heck out of the CC system. Make an assassin. Just ruin everyones game pvp experience by using all your CC constantly. I figure if everyone constantly is able to CC we should and then everyone will unsub or quit and they won't have any money and then we can get a real pvp development staff after it goes open source. I mean we get P2W in 3 days!
Sad but true. I don't want anyone quitting, we need the PvPers, but it's blatantly obvious at this point that Bioware is 100% inept at this. I find it funny that CC's are one of the #1 complaints of PvP, and they make Resolve WORSE in 1.4. It's intentional at this point...that or gross incompetence.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

DarthSabreth
11.12.2012 , 01:21 PM | #34
I like to pvp because i like the challange of fighting against a living thinking person, but the CC in this game detracts from that, since 1.4 its now PVCC not PVP. In my opinion they went heavy on the CC because they cant get the class ballance right so instead of working on that they instill heavy CC to attempt to lvl the playing field.

While i do not keep track of how many times im CC'ed to death it is certainly more than i would like and do not feel its fun or challanging to play. We are no longer playing against a player we are playing against the mass CC we recieve, and in this case we might as well PVE because there is no differance. In Wz's we are what amounts to as WZ training dummys.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

PlagaNerezza
11.12.2012 , 01:32 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
I like to pvp because i like the challange of fighting against a living thinking person, but the CC in this game detracts from that, since 1.4 its now PVCC not PVP. In my opinion they went heavy on the CC because they cant get the class ballance right so instead of working on that they instill heavy CC to attempt to lvl the playing field.

While i do not keep track of how many times im CC'ed to death it is certainly more than i would like and do not feel its fun or challanging to play. We are no longer playing against a player we are playing against the mass CC we recieve, and in this case we might as well PVE because there is no differance. In Wz's we are what amounts to as WZ training dummys.
What do you mean? Why shouldn't my tank in tank stance rocking dps gear be crit hitting players for 4.5-6k from stealth while you are kb'd and then stunned?

This game has got it all figured out. Huge Burst, big gear gaps and a ton of CC. Its a paradise for a certain class of gamer.
Judust Jax
7 days of free subscription! A free server transfer! + More Goodies!
New & Returning Players. Give a Click and Get a Click!
http://www.swtor.com/r/zTCMYK!

Smashbrother
11.12.2012 , 01:41 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirothen View Post
Stuns just become part of the game at this point since its been that way for so long. What is even more frustrating for myself is losing control of my character for 4+ seconds and still taking damage. Now from what I can remember from PvP in WoW (its been a while) is that if you are CCd in any way shape or form, as soon as you take a tick of damage even from a DoT you immediately break stun. Its so frustrating to spawn with 0 resolve, get stunned and smashed then force choked while taking ranged attacks and dead before you can even hit one ability. In my opinion, CC is intended to incapacitate a target while others are burned down or to interrupt casting such as taking a healer out of the equation for a few seconds but not to burn that player down who loses control of his or her character. Its insane!
Stuns in WoW were the same as stuns in SWTOR. They don't break on damage. WoW's cc system was much worse because CCs were in different categories of diminishing returns. Meaning classes with diff CC categories could chain CC a person for over 30s. In SWTOR, all CC add to resolve, so you can't be chain CC for longer than 16s.

jibboo
11.12.2012 , 01:58 PM | #37
Bubble mez is becoming more popular.

Get used to it.
Zimbra - Assassin

DarthOvertone
11.12.2012 , 02:02 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by HaLeX View Post
I sent EA customer service a message regarding the stuns. Here is their response.

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us.

We appreciate the time you took to send us your impressions and ideas, and we can assure you that our Development team is always interested in receiving constructive feedback from our players.

To ensure that your ideas are seen by the right people, we recommend posting them on our Suggestion Box forum at http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349 so that they can be seen by the Development team. While our Developers may not post in every thread created there, they do read the forums on a regular basis, and are constantly looking for feedback from our players.

Thank you for your understanding, and we hope to see your ideas posted on the Suggestion Box soon.

We can aslo recommend visiting our help centre for answers to any questions you may have.
The help centre is available at http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter.

While we understand the frustration your issue may cause, we would like to assure you that we are doing our utmost to ensure that our players have the best possible game play experience.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you require further assistance with this or any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid X1-A1
Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service
I sent BW a message about needing a "pause" feature for accepting a WZ queue when you have to go afk to take a quick dump and they replied to me with pretty much the same message.
Alphamaul, Alphanoob, Alphazen - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: There has been a PvP Awakening. Have you felt it?

Mercbenz
11.12.2012 , 04:33 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by MelodicSixNine View Post
When I clicked the thread I expected a video with actual stun counter in the corner and funny music("hit me baby one more time ohhh" ) and instead I got another boring whine post without entertainment value. Shame on you OP.
Even though it's an insulting post, genius idea!!! I wish I did that, I don't have fraps etc. set up. I was counting off in Vent though with my team. No one ever looked over and said you're dead bs, or I see you and you're not stunned. So aside from human error, this was as accurate as it gets.

Few more notes
I actually missed most roots
I was trying to take down the Sage with Bubble so this exaggerated the count I'd assume
I was on my "Lesser known" Melee class that isn't well geared. So it's doubtful I was targeted.
Benzx - Vanguard
Ben'z - OP
Coen - Jugg
Badham & Mercbenz - Inactive crafters

Mercbenz
11.12.2012 , 04:37 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post

This is my issue with it. There's no thinking or strategy in stuns anymore, it's a spamathon.

Another great point mentioned by someone earlier is that most people are in the Deathmatch mindset (I jokingly call PUG Huttball Deathmatch with a Ball because it's how people play it). BW really should reward objectives more or better educate. People just think if I kill more I must be winning. As for the 44x stun match, it was Voidstar which is as close as it gets to Deathmatch so that + me focusing their heals probably bumped the total from a "normal or average". Still ridiculous.
Benzx - Vanguard
Ben'z - OP
Coen - Jugg
Badham & Mercbenz - Inactive crafters