Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stunned 44x in a 10-12 minute Voidstar Match

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Stunned 44x in a 10-12 minute Voidstar Match

Masarko
11.12.2012 , 06:36 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JackNader View Post
The only way to fix this issue is to redesign the resolve system.

In a 1v1 you don't need a resolve system. You can't be stunned to death. Being stunlock killed only occurs when you have 2 or more players attacking 1 opponent. In this situation, a functioning resolve system becomes absolutely critical for the enjoyment of all players. Biowares current implementation is awful. The previous implementation was also terrible. They can do much better.
Ive killed a solo defender without taking damage aka i stunlocked him (Hidden strike, stun, backstab+shiv+lacerate, hidden strike) so ez.
Iam Dog / Bishwhet
Passive Aggressive / Tilt Police

Kirothen
11.12.2012 , 07:59 AM | #22
Stuns just become part of the game at this point since its been that way for so long. What is even more frustrating for myself is losing control of my character for 4+ seconds and still taking damage. Now from what I can remember from PvP in WoW (its been a while) is that if you are CCd in any way shape or form, as soon as you take a tick of damage even from a DoT you immediately break stun. Its so frustrating to spawn with 0 resolve, get stunned and smashed then force choked while taking ranged attacks and dead before you can even hit one ability. In my opinion, CC is intended to incapacitate a target while others are burned down or to interrupt casting such as taking a healer out of the equation for a few seconds but not to burn that player down who loses control of his or her character. Its insane!
Watchman Sentinel at heart
Converted Smash Monkey in denial

Jedi Covenant

MelodicSixNine
11.12.2012 , 08:06 AM | #23
When I clicked the thread I expected a video with actual stun counter in the corner and funny music("hit me baby one more time ohhh" ) and instead I got another boring whine post without entertainment value. Shame on you OP.

TUXs
11.12.2012 , 09:41 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Philastra View Post
OP is right in a lot of WZ's i'll be cc'd til dead and the CC/Roots/Stuns/Knockbacks/Knockdowns are way outta control in this game.
Absolutely right they are!!!

ALL CC's need to have an impact on Resolve. I'd compromise on slows/snares, but the decision to leave roots out of the Resolve equation was moronic. Anything that halts your movement should impact Resolve.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Lionflash
11.12.2012 , 09:45 AM | #25
I feel like the other team had it out for you if you got stunned 44x. Maybe a practical joke. Are you counting roots, slows, pulls and knockbacks?

If not i'd say you had an unlucky match. Even for a melee class.

TUXs
11.12.2012 , 09:48 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
I feel like the other team had it out for you if you got stunned 44x. Maybe a practical joke. Are you counting roots, slows, pulls and knockbacks?

If not i'd say you had an unlucky match. Even for a melee class.
I'm sure he's counting ALL CC's, not just "stuns". Even if it were half the 44 he claimed, it would be far too **edit**ing many.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Lionflash
11.12.2012 , 09:56 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I'm sure he's counting ALL CC's, not just "stuns". Even if it were half the 44 he claimed, it would be far too **edit**ing many.
Being stunned half as much as he claimed would only be about 1 minute across the 10-12 minutes, That's less than 10% of the match (7.5%-10%) using his math. Not so bad.

I wonder what the sweet spot would be. (5%)

Striders
11.12.2012 , 11:07 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by MelodicSixNine View Post
When I clicked the thread I expected a video with actual stun counter in the corner and funny music("hit me baby one more time ohhh" ) and instead I got another boring whine post without entertainment value. Shame on you OP.
OMG that sounds like a fun idea... I think I might have to make one of these tonight. or soon.

I am thinking some "Freeze Frame" by the J Giles Band... is that right?
The Strider Legacy - <STOIC>
Vubo (SGE) | Explosivė (VAN) | Aelei (GRD) | Shrapnel (COM) | Rockėr (GUN) | Tijeras (SEN) | Dėuce (SCD)
Plaguė (MRD) | Torrėnt (MRC) | Scourgė (INQ) | Salandėr (AGT)

MelodicSixNine
11.12.2012 , 11:36 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Striders View Post
OMG that sounds like a fun idea... I think I might have to make one of these tonight. or soon.

I am thinking some "Freeze Frame" by the J Giles Band... is that right?
I don't have time so go, go, go.

Freeze Frame?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHo43B6nu60 ha nice one. Don't forget to put flash bangs when they take pictures at the beginning lol

Zunayson
11.12.2012 , 11:38 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Schil View Post
i am going to back pedal away from this post.
it's faster to walk normally. Let me just keyboard turn around, here...

Quote: Originally Posted by MelodicSixNine View Post
BENNY HILL

DOOOO ITTTT
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box