Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How can there be Star Wars without Jedi?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
How can there be Star Wars without Jedi?

barkevvv
11.19.2012 , 08:30 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by CharagonIGN View Post
Do you remember what Episode VI was called?
End of thread.

usmarshal
11.20.2012 , 12:39 AM | #12
Can a mod move this to Star Wars Discussion? It has nothing to do with the games story.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.-Winston Churchill

AlexDougherty
11.20.2012 , 01:28 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by usmarshal View Post
Can a mod move this to Star Wars Discussion? It has nothing to do with the games story.
True, but apart from asking what films were called, it does fall under "Lore" even if it's in the wrong time zone.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Uluain
11.20.2012 , 11:08 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Return of the Jedi
YODA: Luke, when gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be. Pass on what you have learned!
Presumably, this will tell the story of the rebirth of the Jedi order, of Luke passing on his wisdom to the next generation. This would fit the thematic elements of each previous trilogy, as well, and moreso if Luke were to die in the first film, in a lightsaber combat. Hammil could always reprise the role in later films as a Force Ghost. I imagine the film will not lack for Jedi.

Sledgeweb
11.21.2012 , 01:25 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
Not lax exactly, with little real information about the force, apart from what Luke had learned, they had too be more flexible. The only way to learn was to experiment, which meant that techniques were less polished, and mistakes were made. They had little or no lore, remember Lukes training was unorthadox and incomplete, Yoda didn't train him as he trained other Jedi, and apart from telling him to avoid anger, hate and fear didn't teach him to dampen his emotions or avoid romance.
Were the Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda "ghosts" (and disembodied Qui-Gon voice) available for consultation to help Luke pass on the traditions and trainings of the Jedi?

starbuckone
11.21.2012 , 02:01 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by peteed View Post
The question I have is how do they even make a new Star Wars movie? I mean the Jedi were basically extinct and no new people were being born with the midicloreans or however its spelt that give them powers so how can it be Star Wars with no Jedi? I mean episode 7 should come after 6 right?

I don't know much about the lore and story as I only watched the movies. I love watching sci-fi but hate reading it cause sci-fi books alot of the time are boring so never tried a star wars one. But what I do know from the movies is the Jedi were as I said dying out and no replacements.

I mean I guess nothing in Star Wars name makes it so that it can't be Star Wars without them but when you think of Star Wars isn't Jedi the first thing that comes to mind?
after rotj luke restarts the jedi academy to train force sensative people.
█!█!█!█![]!█!!!██████████████████████████████████████)

AlexDougherty
11.22.2012 , 04:35 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Sledgeweb View Post
Were the Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda "ghosts" (and disembodied Qui-Gon voice) available for consultation to help Luke pass on the traditions and trainings of the Jedi?
Not exactly, according to the books they only popped in occasionaly, and had very specific advice but didn't pass on lore, Techniques or any real knowledge.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Burzhillion
11.22.2012 , 08:59 PM | #18
Take a look at the comic books that follow the old movies. Luke ressurects the Jedi Order.