Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Makeb and additional levels

HoboWithAStick
11.10.2012 , 05:04 PM | #1
In biowares E3 video this year they would be brining us a new planet called Makeb and along with that planet there would be additional levels to raise the overal level cap. I was wondering with the free to play thing if this was still going to happen this year and how it would affect endgame raiding. I imagine if they raised the level cap we wouldn't be using the same end game gear we are now.

Anyways just wondering hopefully get to hear back from you Joveth

GnatB
11.10.2012 , 05:19 PM | #2
First, I don't think they said "this year" but just said "coming soon". But it really doesn't much matter, in either case it would be wise to interpret such an E3 statement as "Sometime before the next E3". Which still gives them ~6 months.

One of the (supposed) points of e3 is to let the retailers and such know about what titles your company is going to be releasing over the next year to start getting them interested. (The whole media hype to consumers is largely a byproduct, and isn't supposed to be the point at all.) As such, unless there is an actual specific time frame, such announcements are (generally) just letting retailers know hey. Take a look at this title, It's so awesome you're going to want to stock a whole lot on your shelves when it (eventually) comes out sometime before the next E3. (if it was going to be after the next e3, we'd just announce it THEN... typically speaking, announcing too early isn't a good thing)

HoboWithAStick
11.10.2012 , 06:13 PM | #3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXQCM74oHDU

Right at the start, coming this year to swtor.

So we have space missions, makeb, another warzone, cathar, addtioanl levels.

Shipwright
12.17.2012 , 06:47 PM | #4
I am wondering if they will make it required to do Ops/endgame things to get gear for Makeb, or if the quests will provide comms or something to gear for it. I could imagine either way will anger some people. Those who don't care for endgame stuff like Ops would be shut out on the one hand...or those who do endgame will be mad that there is some other way to get gear for Makeb/new lvl cap.

ObiJuanShenobi
12.17.2012 , 06:55 PM | #5
Hopefully it will come after a couple HUGE patches dedicated solely to fixing bugs and quality of life issues. If not, then don't need to even bother releasing Makeb.
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun