Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stealth Classes are UnBalanced

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Stealth Classes are UnBalanced

Doomsdaycomes
11.10.2012 , 06:45 PM | #31
I've always felt the concept of stealth is a horrible thing for PvP. Not because they can't be balanced, but because the perception of other players. People hate feeling like they have no chance, yet if a stealther can't drop someone quickly as designed their pretty much useless.

That being said...

<.< Stealthers aren't that bad. A great one is hell, but only cause they're better than me. For the most part, I do what I can to delay a stealther down when I'm alone. Since I'm a Commando, I also tend to kite them and focus on regaining my health. (Medpak, Instant heal, Heal while their stunned, etc...)

For the most part, a stealther is only dangerous situationally. Avoid those situations.

Solarenergy
11.10.2012 , 07:06 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
http://www.torhead.com/ability/h52Vq...nsive-measures

Stealth scan. Use and abuse it. It's one of the most powerful abilities in the game once you practice using it. The fact that you are a Vanguard Tank makes it so much more powerful since yours roots the targets it reveals.

In your case, I'd recommend rolling a stealth class to see how they work. Take note of common hiding places you use, common routes you use to flank people, and common turret-guarding spots. Understand your enemy first before you complain You'll see that (most) stealth classes, hybrid tankassins excluded of course, are much weaker in a straight up fight and rely on their sneakiness and burst damage to kill anyone.

For starters, the easiest way to start your Stealth Scanning adventures is to simply drop it on your stealth-capable enemy once their health becomes low and you think they are about to vanish. Once you've practiced sufficiently with this and understand the stealth classes better, you can have the hotkey at your fingertips and wait until they actually do vanish, and then stealth scan immediately thus rooting them in place.
Stealth scan is great for when they pop their combat exiting cloaking, but other than that, what kind of stealther with half a brain would walk into the insignia area on the ground?

Also, would like to add by saying to the OP that you may have lag issues. When a stealther appears to be killing you before you can react it is because of server lag that makes everything delayed. For example, I have very bad lag sometimes to the point where everything is delayed by five seconds, and the screen won't even register the stealthed opponent till it's too late.

TripleCharged
11.10.2012 , 11:00 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Pyrinoos View Post
Umm, with all the qqing almost missed this. You are not getting killed in 3 globals while wearing pvp gear. I know I have done it to pve heros, nearly two shotted a dude a couple weeks ago, but never, never to people with appropriate gear. Absolute best case with all cooldowns ready to go and the luck of two crits, is 5 globals on a toon with 1000exp and around 20k HP. And that's assuming no healing, external or internal, and no medpacs or adrenals or defensive cooldowns are used. ( this is for a dps specced Assasin btw, tanksins despite the nerf crowds qq take far longer)
I should just tank the fact that I have a vanguard tank out of the equation, because i just do not play him anymore in PVP, he was my first 50, he is geared horribly, and I was a noob when I played him. My Gunslinger is level 50 with 50/50 BM/WH Gear(dirty fighting) and my sage is not level 50 so it is too early to judge on that one. However when I pvp on my Gunslinger I always have major issues with any stealther class. I can tell you from experience many assassins kill me in 3, maybe 4 hits. That is just absurd. THere is no way to respond to that, especially when they still have plenty of hits and controls to hit me with after that if they do fail.

Doomsdaycomes
11.10.2012 , 11:28 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by TripleCharged View Post
I should just tank the fact that I have a vanguard tank out of the equation, because i just do not play him anymore in PVP, he was my first 50, he is geared horribly, and I was a noob when I played him. My Gunslinger is level 50 with 50/50 BM/WH Gear(dirty fighting) and my sage is not level 50 so it is too early to judge on that one. However when I pvp on my Gunslinger I always have major issues with any stealther class. I can tell you from experience many assassins kill me in 3, maybe 4 hits. That is just absurd. THere is no way to respond to that, especially when they still have plenty of hits and controls to hit me with after that if they do fail.
Assassin pops out of stealth ---> Facetank the first knock down.

Flashbang (aoe instant mez)

Move away and cover *before* the mezz wears off.

Legshot

Entrench+Damage rotation.

If they come after you again, Cover Pulse. ( KB. Not sure the smuggler ability name, I'm a sniper.)

It's also a good idea to get in the habit of dropping orbital strike around you, especially if the stealther is getting low on HP. A lucky tick of orbital strike could knock them out of stealth. Also, Covering Fire is a bit lackluster for damage, but it is an area target ability that could pop them out of stealth.

Because entrench is on a -very- short CD, I'd use it liberally. If I suspect a stealther near me (though not when I'm solo, better to save it) I might even pop it just in case. Worst case scenario, they see it wait for it to wear off (Still buying you some time to ask for back up if feeling vunerable.) Best case (and I laugh when this happens) they waste their opener/stun and I KB them instantly.

Coturnix
11.11.2012 , 01:44 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by TripleCharged View Post
Ok thank you, you explained everything here. If ill just ifnore your vanguard (geared one can just use /laugh on scounderel until his health drop to 50 perc and then still kill him), ill ignore your sage, dont know level but on certain level with bubble stun spec you can kite stealthers pretty succesfully. But to qq with pretty geared slinger, who is actually one of the worst enemies for stealthers is just ridiculous. Seriously sir, youre not doing it correct. Think about advices you get from ppl here playing this class successfully.

PS: Next time pls go to your class section and put the question like "have serious problem to defeat certain class, can anyone help me?" before you visit pvp forum and start to call for nerfs. And as the others mention, try to play both stealth class. You will see that youll not be the king of the battlefield as you think they are.

Thank you again.

FourTwent
11.11.2012 , 02:13 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Coturnix View Post
PS: Next time pls go to your class section and put the question like "have serious problem to defeat certain class, can anyone help me?" before you visit pvp forum and start to call for nerfs. And as the others mention, try to play both stealth class. You will see that youll not be the king of the battlefield as you think they are.

Thank you again.
such a wise post

+1 sir

OP, listen to this guy

Riggz
11.11.2012 , 02:18 AM | #37
Nerf Operatives
Urdenot Level 65 Sorc
Urdonught Level 65 Scoundrel
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>

TonyDragonflame
11.11.2012 , 02:36 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
However I saw a SS the other day of a Sin doing 700k damage and 500k protection in a full VS, those two numbers SHOULD be mutually exclusive of eachother period. That my friends is the only truely unbalanced class in pvp right now.
^ this!

Swanea
11.11.2012 , 05:34 AM | #39
By stealth classes, you mean mara/sents (with their short stealth) and assassins/shadows right?

Because anyone over level 45 can handle/kill/get away from ops that aren't in WH!

Oh yeah, nerf op/scou
Swanea Stormrider

WAR - WoW - LotRO - SWG
Internecion - Apex - FotR - EE/BoT/SWoT

vimm
11.11.2012 , 05:45 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacer View Post
Nerf operatives
Lol, saw this coming.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative