Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stealth Classes are UnBalanced

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Stealth Classes are UnBalanced

Jack_Shadowshade
01.04.2013 , 06:33 PM | #191
Solution:
Nerf Operatives!
Pyre
<The Ebon Remnant>

TripleCharged
01.04.2013 , 06:34 PM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by Jack_Shadowshade View Post
Solution:
Nerf Operatives!
That is a possible solution, the classes can just be weakened.
People say that the DPS of the stealth classes is low, which is just totally false. A shadow can easily pull top dps in an operation without stealthing at all. Soundrels are not quite that strong but are not as weak as people seem to think.

Dar-Ell
01.04.2013 , 06:44 PM | #193
hey TripleCharged, I've got one for ya....

I play an hybrid Jugg and Guardian, and Gunslingers are way too overpowered. I can't leap to them, I have one ranged attack, and my beautiful CC's wont work most of the time. Why can't my class beat them easily? Why should they have an advantage I don't? Think this variation of your complaint is whiney and biased? Guess what? That's every post you've made in this thread. I'm sorry but it's true. You don't want to learn, you want your class to be perfect and have no challenge. Life's unfair son, get used to it before you get out of high school or the real world's gonna be a nightmare.

Actually I don't have too much of a problem with Gunslingers/Snipers except when I'm guarding a door in Voidstar....Why you ask? Because it's harder to LoS them there and still guard the door. Otherwise, I'll taunt them, LoS them, and ignore them.

Oh wait, Stealthers....yeah, only had a problem with one stealth scoundrel in my time. Not because he was OP, but because he was better than me. No shame in that.

P.P.S. Nerf Operatives?
Quote: Originally Posted by godihatelag View Post
Worst Launch? Ever heard of Jurassic Park? John gave Dr. Grant early access and all of a sudden... PEOPLE. ARE. DYING.

shojj
01.04.2013 , 07:21 PM | #194
Stealthers are fine, deal with it (I don't play either of'em)
Hairless
Incognitous
Baldguyftw

TripleCharged
01.12.2013 , 10:07 PM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by Dar-Ell View Post
hey TripleCharged, I've got one for ya....

I play an hybrid Jugg and Guardian, and Gunslingers are way too overpowered. I can't leap to them, I have one ranged attack, and my beautiful CC's wont work most of the time. Why can't my class beat them easily? Why should they have an advantage I don't? Think this variation of your complaint is whiney and biased? Guess what? That's every post you've made in this thread. I'm sorry but it's true. You don't want to learn, you want your class to be perfect and have no challenge. Life's unfair son, get used to it before you get out of high school or the real world's gonna be a nightmare.

Actually I don't have too much of a problem with Gunslingers/Snipers except when I'm guarding a door in Voidstar....Why you ask? Because it's harder to LoS them there and still guard the door. Otherwise, I'll taunt them, LoS them, and ignore them.

Oh wait, Stealthers....yeah, only had a problem with one stealth scoundrel in my time. Not because he was OP, but because he was better than me. No shame in that.

P.P.S. Nerf Operatives?
A gunslinger/sniper is avoidable. Simply run away and do not engage. When a stealther attacks you it forces the engagement and will 100% everytime get you out of the battle, whether it is forcing you to attack said stealther or forcing you to run away.

And you said it your self you do not have much of a problem with gunslingers unless it is a very specific location and situation.

underpantsgnomes
01.12.2013 , 11:22 PM | #196
Only stealther even worth discussing is a tankassin. The rest are awful squishy and if you're losing it's b/c they're better than you.

Best advice for dealing with stealthies is always assume there is a stealthy next to you and play accordingly.
Truth lies within.

stephenalandavie
01.12.2013 , 11:53 PM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by underpantsgnomes View Post
Only stealther even worth discussing is a tankassin. The rest are awful squishy and if you're losing it's b/c they're better than you.

Best advice for dealing with stealthies is always assume there is a stealthy next to you and play accordingly.
Shadow dps tanks can be well played or absymal. I have seen focus specced juggers and guardians running soresu form doing immense dmg. We can't pull off them kinds of numbers not in normal circumstances.

Darth-Rammstein
01.13.2013 , 01:22 AM | #198
stealthers have been nerfed many times, I don't really consider them too much of a threat unless played by a good player (rare find).
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

Expo-Nential
01.13.2013 , 02:14 AM | #199
I actually read the first 9 pages... full of very useful info I was going to quote.
But now I suspect the OP pro-trolled the lot of you...

oninojb
01.13.2013 , 02:38 AM | #200
Quote:
I am not an easy kill, i dont just simply stand there and attempt to DPS the target I was on before, I switch into, GET THE **** AWAY FROM THE *********** STEALTH CLASS mode. I usually have most of my cooldowns up to get away, and I can sometimes. But usually my health is below 50% while they are still at 100 by the time I am able to respond after the stuns break. Like I said, there is no good reliable counter to any stealth class that stuns you while they are stealthed. Even on my tank, by the time I stand up my health is too low to respond properly to the threat. And I am not going to create a stealth class because it is something I despise in every game I play. Whether it be Halo, TF2, SWTOR or any other game with a stealther in it, I hate them. I can only think of one reliable way to nerf stealth classes, Make it so while they are stealthed, their cooldowns to not come back, because all they have to do is stealth and sit in a corner, then pick out a single target, kill them and repeat. It does nothing to help the objective.
Sorry dude, you sound like an easy kill to me. Stealth is something you're just going to have to accept. I am regularly irritated by people who can only get one over on you by stealthing around, but hey, that's war and you aren't helpless... the game revolves around utility and Gunslingers have ALOT of it. From Hunker down, to Pulse Detonator, to my favorite and dispised, Leg Shot. Use these... alot. You know you can't be cc'ed while hunkering down I imagine. Additionally anyone worth their salt uses wz stims (the med pack and resolve booster). And if you can't beat a stealther slow em down for the next guy before you drop by giving him a vital shot DoT. If they fail to notice their escape plan will pop premature as that little tick exposes them again. Finally, you know they're out there and when they get a beat on you... learn to anticipate them... You might hate it but if you don't learn to think like the enemy you're just gonna keep getting rolled. And I got no sympathy for you.
Only agreement I'll give is that it's BS that a Shadow/Assassin can pull 350k damage while pulling 150k defense AND 150k heals in one wz. TANKS should not be leading the damage boards, even if it IS a hybrid spec, or the healing boards and certainly not all three.