Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stealth Classes are UnBalanced

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Stealth Classes are UnBalanced

Shoogli
12.05.2012 , 07:00 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
Just wanted to explain why I said 2s...
Nah don't worry, was saying that in jest, I knew what you meant, I have a shadow as well !

Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
On a side note, maybe Operatives and Scrappers should ask to be on par.
Not really no, not on that at least, well that's my point of view. What I mean is that there are other areas where we need buffs for sure compared to other classes but I don't feel K.O./Jarring strike is one of them.

To me the most annoying change, apart from the loss of the giggle which was only warranted for heal specs, certainly not for scrapper/concealment spec, and to this day am still mad at them for that, is the 3s more on backblast/backstab cd : it was fine at 9s, they really murdered both ACs, both for PvE and PvP when they upped it at 12s. We'd be fine and back on balanced (not best, not worst) from least played AC/Spec (scrapper/concealment) in operations just with that really.
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

cycao
12.05.2012 , 07:09 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by PlagaNerezza View Post
If you want to see an OP class run the 3/7/31 assassin. I am ok and just learning the subtles of the class. It's going to require changes to deception again once the DPS assassins realize what the full tree of madness along with minimal points in deception to get duplicity.
Madness OP?

Ycoga
12.05.2012 , 07:26 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by ezrafetch View Post
Ever heard of rock, paper, scissors? ...class balance in SWTOR.
So... what are sages/sorcs a hard counter to?
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

Eggsalicious
12.05.2012 , 07:39 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by TripleCharged View Post
there is no good reliable counter to any stealth class that stuns you while they are stealthed.
Nobody can stun you while stealthed. They can stun you from stealth, after which they lose stealth.

As for getting 50% of your health taken away, part of that is gear, part of that is you not knowing how to kite, and part of that is you not using your cc breaker at the right time. Ops front load their damage so CC break asap if you're in BM. Shadows/sins are back loaded damage and extremely predictable. If you use your CC breaker on spike then yeah, you're going to lose a ton of health when they stun you after. Finally, you probably suck at using your kbs--don't spam it like a retard as soon as you take damage, position yourself so that you knock them into hazards or other players.

~Eggs
Edit: how the fark is this 13 pages...

ezrafetch
12.05.2012 , 10:44 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
So... what are sages/sorcs a hard counter to?
In the current state? Pretty much any melee class with the needs-to-be-properly-tuned bubble-stun. Ordinarily? Madness/Balance can serve as a solid counter to Sniper/GS (more likely a soft counter, though). But the thing with Sorcs/Sages is that they have a very broad kit that covers a lot of bases: they're going to match up decently vs most, but they're not going to have overwhelming odds vs any, and likewise most classes won't have overwhelming odds vs them.

There's the notion of hard counters (aka if I go against my hard counter, I lose 100% of the time unless they're stupid), and the notion of soft counters (I will lose more than half, but less than 100% of the time, which allows me to win given that I make the correct plays to outsmart my opponent). Sages/Sorcs usually fall into the latter category, being soft counters to ACs or having soft counters.

Shoogli
12.05.2012 , 10:49 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Eggsalicious View Post
Edit: how the fark is this 13 pages...
We got trolled for real...
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

TyrellJonez
12.05.2012 , 12:18 PM | #127
This whole thread is a troll. "the stealth classes beat me up mommy" well then son maybe stop running off alone believing ur superman. Stealthers don't attack big groups unless they know your an easy target and survive 4-5 people assaulting and killing them just to kill you.

Stop being easy to kill. Stop running off alone. Or keep dying. Your choice.
If they don't wanna see the hood in me, be satisfied when you see the good in me

Scotland
12.05.2012 , 12:30 PM | #128
Albą Anaigh
Albå - AlbaGuBra - Albą - Albagł
> Real stars burn out, superstars burn forever. <

Philastra
12.05.2012 , 12:36 PM | #129
A vanguard complaining another class has an advantage,,,,,
It only takes one candle to scare away the dark, or just hire a Bounty Hunter....

TripleCharged
12.13.2012 , 02:06 PM | #130
With the new warzone one stealther can completely null the other teams points at each pylon explosion by stealth capping the point. Yet another reason why stealthers need to be fixed in this game. And all it takes is 2 stealthers 2 guarentee a capped point now. And because you do not get defender points for guarding a pylon people are not motivated to even attempt to defend it so a stealther showing up to an unguarded place can easy cap without the other team having any possibility of reacting. Anyone who thinks stealth in SWTOR is balanced is just being ignorant or just completely stupid.