Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Star Fighter Analysis: T-65 X-Wing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Star Fighter Analysis: T-65 X-Wing

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
11.09.2012 , 04:50 PM | #1
Alright yet another Star Fighter thread, of the ship that is most notably used by the Rebel Alliance during the GCW and beyond!
==============

"The Incom T-65 X-wing is the fighter that killed the Death Star. An almost perfect balance of speed, maneuverability, and defensive shielding make it the fighter of choice for Rogue Squadron."

―General Carlist Rieekan


The Incom T-65 X-wing was the primary all-purpose starfighter of the Rebel Alliance and its successor governments. Known for its versatility and exceptional combat performance, it was favored among Rebel and New Republic pilots and it also allowed the Rebellion to conduct raids in Imperial space with improved odds for mission successful. It would become known as the fighter that destroyed the Death Star, thanks to Luke and after became the backbone of the Alliance Starfighter Corps and more importantly it was on near equal terms with the Empire's TIE fighter series when handled by an experienced pilot.

The X-wing remained the predominant multi-role starfighters for nearly 40 years, during hyperspace travel the S-foils were closed to conserve energy, it carried 4 Taim & Bak KX9 laser cannons along with launch tubes for proton torpedoes though other warheads could be fitted as an alternate secondary weapon but required time and effort on the technical crew, and the overall versatility of the proton torpedo was ideally suited for the X-wing's varying missions.

The X-wing's laser cannons had various fire settings. Single fire, Dual fire, Quad fire and Stutter fire the controls on an X-wing were similar to a T-16 skyhopper and it also had an ANq 3.6 tracking(targeting) computer which had a success rate of 98.7%.
=========

Schematics of a T-65 X-wing= http://images.wikia.com/starwars/ima...schematics.png

Cost: 149k(New, rounding up its 150k), 90k(Used)

Roles= Space Superiority Fighter, Escort

Engines= 4 Incom 4L4 fusial thrust engines

Power Plant= Novaldex OP-4Z cryogenic power cell

Shielding= Chempast "Defender" deflector shield generator

Max Acceleration= 3, 700 G

Max Speed(atmosphere)= 1, 050 km/h(higher speeds possible with deflector shield on)

Hyperdrive Rating= 1.0, no backup

Hyperdrive System= Incom GBk-585 hyperdrive unit.

Hull= Titanium alloy hull

Sensor Systems= Equipped(theres a lot)

Targeting System= Fabritech Anq 3.6 tracking computer and IN-344-B "sightline" holographic imaging system

Navigation System= None, Astromech(normally programmed for 10 jumps.)

Avionics= Torplex Rq8. flight computer

Countermeasures= Atf chaff/flare launcher

Armaments= 4 Taim & Bak KX9 or IX4 laser cannons, 2 Krupx MG7 proton torpedo launchers, standard load 3 torpedos each.

Crew= 1 pilot, 1 astromech droid

Cargo Capacity= 110 kilos

Consumables= 1 week, but extendable by outer pods.

Communications/Life Support= Equipped

Other Systems= S-foils
=========================

Thoughts: This is a great Starfighter, its well balance in just about every area. I mean, there really isn't much to add here...give me an X-wing any day.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.09.2012 , 04:59 PM | #2
Very nice. I would take the X-Wing over an "Eyeball" anyday. One of the best Starfighters in the galaxy. Very good starfighter and one of my favorites.
Added Chapter 65 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
11.09.2012 , 05:47 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Very nice. I would take the X-Wing over an "Eyeball" anyday. One of the best Starfighters in the galaxy. Very good starfighter and one of my favorites.
Yep, its in my top 5 favortive starfighters.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
11.10.2012 , 07:07 PM | #4
Bumping up just to see if anyone else has any thoughts on this.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.10.2012 , 07:13 PM | #5
I'd like to say one more thing. I think the X-Wing will transcend time. Whether through its capabilities in a dogfight or nostagia, the X-Wing will always be remembered or even used similarly like the Z-95. The ship that killed the Death Star...twice. Great ship.
Added Chapter 65 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

ToEasy's Avatar


ToEasy
11.10.2012 , 07:13 PM | #6
This is a very good fighter and is my second favorite starfighter. My first being the CF9 Crossfire starfighter.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
11.10.2012 , 07:31 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I'd like to say one more thing. I think the X-Wing will transcend time. Whether through its capabilities in a dogfight or nostagia, the X-Wing will always be remembered or even used similarly like the Z-95. The ship that killed the Death Star...twice. Great ship.
Tbh with how its designed, even though its probably gonna be outclassed by future generations of starfighters(can't remember if there was any better fighter then the X-wing in the New Republic era). Its designed in such a way, that it could still be used as backup fighters or used for escorting.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.10.2012 , 07:39 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Tbh with how its designed, even though its probably gonna be outclassed by future generations of starfighters(can't remember if there was any better fighter then the X-wing in the New Republic era). Its designed in such a way, that it could still be used as backup fighters or used for escorting.
I agree. The X-Wing wouldn't be able to keep up with the more advanced fighters, but they would be able to provide support for the main fighter groups. The X-Wing would become a support fighter, having to rely on surprise to keep up with future genrations of starfighters.

I think it could be modified with some additional weaponry given enough time.
Added Chapter 65 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Kilikaa's Avatar


Kilikaa
11.10.2012 , 07:58 PM | #9
The great thing about the X-Wing is that it can be modified and upgraded. New engines, weapons, avionics and shields could easily keep it on the frontlines for a long time. I love the X, it is by far my favorite fighter in the Star Wars universe. The Jedi think so highly of it that they use the Stealth X variant exclusively. That says a lot for the utility of the design.

When I played SWG the only ship I wanted to fly in the game was the X-Wing. I flew a lot to get the Advanced variant. I spent a lot more time grinding the parts to reverse engineer for it. In the end I had one of the baddest Xs on my server and for a while was considered, arguably, the best X-Wing pilot. I miss flying that thing.

The X-Wing is one of the most recognized and iconic symbols in all of Star Wars. If the new movies don't show an X-Wing I will walk out of the theater and demand a refund. (Not really, but I would be a little disappointed)

X-WINGS FOREVER!

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
11.10.2012 , 08:04 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
The great thing about the X-Wing is that it can be modified and upgraded. New engines, weapons, avionics and shields could easily keep it on the frontlines for a long time. I love the X, it is by far my favorite fighter in the Star Wars universe. The Jedi think so highly of it that they use the Stealth X variant exclusively. That says a lot for the utility of the design.

When I played SWG the only ship I wanted to fly in the game was the X-Wing. I flew a lot to get the Advanced variant. I spent a lot more time grinding the parts to reverse engineer for it. In the end I had one of the baddest Xs on my server and for a while was considered, arguably, the best X-Wing pilot. I miss flying that thing.

The X-Wing is one of the most recognized and iconic symbols in all of Star Wars. If the new movies don't show an X-Wing I will walk out of the theater and demand a refund. (Not really, but I would be a little disappointed)

X-WINGS FOREVER!
Ya I had an Adv X-wing in SWG too, and used it for a long time.But ya, do hope it appears in the new movie too or I will too be disappointed even if its not shown in battle, have it in a scene or something.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.