Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merc healer, trouble on TFB HM

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Merc healer, trouble on TFB HM

Akam
11.11.2012 , 12:34 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Exiled-Phoenix View Post
I don't particulary have time to go through combat logs
I know tanks switch on time when it comes to stacks.
My main is a DPS tho so i'm not all familiar with all the debuffs that affect tanks, what is blood vengance?
Blood Vengeance occurs when either Ke'sara or Ciphas takes damage. Blood Vengeance will occur on the following targets when they take damage

If Kel'sara takes enough damage, she will buff Ciphas with Blood Vengeance, significantly increasing the damage Ciphas does
If Ciphas takes enough damage, he will buff Heirad with Blood Vengeance, significantly increasing the damage Heirad does.

If your tanks know to switch at 5 stacks, the bosses main abilities shouldn't be too much of an issue so I have to assume your tanks or DPS are the cause of the increased damage via Blood Vengeance or you are undergeared for the fight.

Note- Saying you are campaign geared is one thing, but being itemized is entirely different.
The Chandrian
Bodyguard Mercenary
5/5 HM Ravagers | 5/5 HM ToS

From Beyond | Dragonslayer | Gatecrasher | Deposer of Dreadmasters

Exiled-Phoenix
11.11.2012 , 02:07 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Akam View Post
Blood Vengeance occurs when either Ke'sara or Ciphas takes damage. Blood Vengeance will occur on the following targets when they take damage

If Kel'sara takes enough damage, she will buff Ciphas with Blood Vengeance, significantly increasing the damage Ciphas does
If Ciphas takes enough damage, he will buff Heirad with Blood Vengeance, significantly increasing the damage Heirad does.

If your tanks know to switch at 5 stacks, the bosses main abilities shouldn't be too much of an issue so I have to assume your tanks or DPS are the cause of the increased damage via Blood Vengeance or you are undergeared for the fight.

Note- Saying you are campaign geared is one thing, but being itemized is entirely different.
2300 aim, 700 bonus healing, 45% crit and 71 surge
The Red Eclipse
VahxFrost'BiteSíon TéxCoriena
Vai'xSpike Decepta Brotu

NotRonin
11.11.2012 , 08:07 PM | #13
700 bonus healing is too low. You should be around 750 if you're fully campaign/black hole. You may need to swap out some crit for power. My BH/Campaign merc is around 2300 aim, 760 bonus healing, 75% surge and 38% crit.

If you're having lots of raid wide damage in the 2nd phase, tell the DPS to stop standing in green puddles.

If you're having lots of raid wide damage in the 3rd phase. tell the DPS to take down the adds faster. There is one who cast raid-wide affliction if he's not killed fast enough.

Akam
11.13.2012 , 04:03 PM | #14
You have WAY too much crit and not enough power/surge. I understand that this is your alt so take that with a grain of salt. The question still stands though: Is the raid taking unnessecary damage?
The Chandrian
Bodyguard Mercenary
5/5 HM Ravagers | 5/5 HM ToS

From Beyond | Dragonslayer | Gatecrasher | Deposer of Dreadmasters

CaptainApop
11.14.2012 , 03:27 AM | #15
Tell us your crit rating not your crit percent

Though judging by your aim I would hazard a guess it is too high, swap some crit for power (aim around 350 crit rating) )and get some surge/power enhancements (no the ones with 40ish endurance.)
"I bind kolto probes to Q, partially for the convenience but mostly for the irony"

Subterfuge legacy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Darth_Dreselus
11.14.2012 , 02:26 PM | #16
I have done this fight in every composition except doubling up:

Sage-Commando
Sage-Scoundrel
Scoundrel-Commando

It is a difficult fight to heal but there are ways of making it easier on top of what has already been said in the thread.

1. Have all DPS, including ranged stack up on Heirad, and just use AoE to heal them (as there is only 4 of them it will) and focus on tanks. Sure the DPS will take Surging Chain but that does low damage. I have found that it is always the ranged DPS standing far from the group that I have to give special heals to.
2. Agree where everyone will stand for the lightning to prevent taking too much damage, have them stack back on Heirad as soon as it is over.
3. DPS Heirad down before he does the second lightning, if your DPS cannot do this they are not ready for HM TFB.
No One Important Died Tavernus - Sorc / Taverna - Mara / Pintus - Op / Gintonica - PT
The Red Eclipse. Sweet Dreams to all my Harbinger children.

POPsi
11.30.2012 , 03:58 AM | #17
well it was not on HM, but I solo healed the dread guard on my operative when the other healer disconnected. So I'd say we are completely viable doing it (of course I was a bit overgeared, but meh). And for some movement heavy fights I'd say the operative aoe is better than the sorc one. I use it every time I can put it on at least 3 people.

Cody-licious
11.30.2012 , 09:02 AM | #18
This is definitely an intense fight for a group that tries to carry 1 or 2 players (either for gear or for personal skill-level reasons). Healing is obviously made more dfiifcult when you are trying to heal players who are not up to the requisite level for this encounter. So, it's important to realise that the problems you're facing might not just be down to your own set-up, rotation or ability.

Definitely the first couple of times my guild encountered this boss fight, we struggled -- which is only to be expected for such a fight with a few new boss mechanics to figure out. But with practice and increased familiarity for all the raid members, it gets a bit more manageable every time you run it. Absolutely, the Chain Lightning attacks need to be spotted, and people move as far away from each other as much as possible. Also, the only other kicker which immediately springs to mind (which is almost a perfect piece of trolling on Bioware's part) is the phase when the tanks become debuffed so that any healing you do to them is converted to damage. Sorry, I have no idea what those debuffs are, but if I remember rightly, it's only in the final phase that it happens.

Finally just to echo the other posters above, I think you've stacked way too much Crit in your stats set-up, and need to redistribute with more of an emphasis on Power. I think we all should by now have realised that the stat bonuses from any one complete gear set are not always the most optimised stats set-up.

PS. My guild now only runs with Operative/Merc healing, since that's all we've got left! And we seem to manage just fine without a Sorceror's AOE puddle.
55 Mercenary Bodyguard 53 Powertech Pyro
55 Sniper Marksman 55 Operative Concealment 55 Scoundrel Sawbones
55 Sage Seer 51 Shadow Kinetic 55 Assassin Darkness
55 Guardian Vigilance 53 Marauder Carnage

FillionFan
12.05.2012 , 02:30 PM | #19
Dear fellow mercs, please remember your healing surge gets an extra 15%. Therefore crit is more valuable than you think and tech crit needs to be over 40% with buffs. I don't have a hard rating number for you unfortunately.

KeyboardNinja
12.10.2012 , 03:12 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by FillionFan View Post
Dear fellow mercs, please remember your healing surge gets an extra 15%. Therefore crit is more valuable than you think and tech crit needs to be over 40% with buffs. I don't have a hard rating number for you unfortunately.
This is true. In fact, playing with the numbers, if I assume 2300 aim and just enough power to get 700 bonus healing, the ideal crit chance ends up around 45%. (where "ideal" is optimizing for maximum sustainable output) That requires a crit rating of around 350. With that said, a crit rating of 350 is too high (if you can help it), since Aim is a substantially better stat (by almost 17%) than crit at that gear level.

The other thing to keep in mind here is the fact that crit is uncontrollable, and therefore prone to induce overheal. Healing is not like DPS, where more damage is always better. Thus, there is an argument to be made that you should actually under-stat crit as a healer and put those points into power or main stat. This is hard to do though, since neither main stat nor power directly compete with crit. So…yeah.

I'd say that for a Campaign/Dread Guard geared merc healer, you probably want about 40% crit chance. 45% is mathematically better, but almost certainly situationally worse.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)