Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EC : 16M-NiM (world ranking)

Ansalem
01.18.2013 , 10:16 AM | #311
Some of the responses in this thread make me wish my guild could field a 16m team again. I thought the competition in this game was dead, but obviously I was wrong. It may be greatly diminished but there are obviously still some competitive guilds worth racing here. Good job on your kills guys and lets see if bioware will implement their own system to rank guilds on progression.

tahoeWolverine
01.18.2013 , 10:26 AM | #312
Quote: Originally Posted by lmey View Post
Make us 3rd is, in my opinion, a real joke and a huge lack of respect. Sorry to say.
I think you <Ace> guys are honestly putting more stock in these 2 ranking systems than you should. Everyone that cares has seen your video and knows that <Ace> was the guild to kill Kephess as originally designed, and those of us that also spent nights crunching numbers respect you for finding the tricks to the fight and most importantly, executing them. These rankings' most important feature is that they track the progression and organize the kills. The point system is obviously just a way to show a basic ordering. There's no need to request adjustments or put down the maintainers of the threads. If you're of the mindset that all that matters is the final boss, then you don't need a ranking system
DrGordon - Chosen - Prophecy of the Five

KeyboardNinja
01.18.2013 , 10:36 AM | #313
Make us 3rd is, in my opinion, a real joke and a huge lack of respect. Sorry to say.
Anyone who knows what NiM Kephess means has an immense amount of respect for your accomplishment, both the fact that you got world first, *and* that you did it pre-nerf. I wouldn't take the rankings too much to heart. At this point, it's really too late to change the ranking system. It was debated and tacitly agreed to prior to anyone clearing the content; changing it now wouldn't be fair to anyone.

Here's where I stand: Ace is on top, in my book. You guys cleared the content when it was nearly unbeatable, and you did it before anyone else. I suspect most of the community will see it that way. That's not meant as a slight to Friendly Fire; their kill is very impressive, and he fact that they got T&Z, the tanks and Vorgath first is not to be ignored, but Ace won the race.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

Qualem
01.18.2013 , 10:50 AM | #314
Quote: Originally Posted by tahoeWolverine View Post
I think you <Ace> guys are honestly putting more stock in these 2 ranking systems than you should. Everyone that cares has seen your video and knows that <Ace> was the guild to kill Kephess as originally designed, and those of us that also spent nights crunching numbers respect you for finding the tricks to the fight and most importantly, executing them. These rankings' most important feature is that they track the progression and organize the kills. The point system is obviously just a way to show a basic ordering. There's no need to request adjustments or put down the maintainers of the threads. If you're of the mindset that all that matters is the final boss, then you don't need a ranking system
So we shouldn't have to take care about an unfair ranking system ? So why does it exist ? For what purpose if it does not reflect reality ?
I'll just say that we didn't have the PTS to try the boss before the official release, nor we use some bugs exploit as we saw in some logs on TORParse. We do not blame anyone, after all, why not ?

It's indeed a controversial topic. But after all we did to achieve this first down of EC 16 men NiM, understand that we are a bit disappointed to be considered only 3rd...
Qualem - Sorcerer healer - Guilde Ace PvE HL16 Men - Darth Nihilus - www.ace-guilde.com
" Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion, I gain Strength. Through Strength, I gain Power. Throug Power, I gain Victory. Through Victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

dahyle
01.18.2013 , 11:02 AM | #315
Hello everyone.

Quote: Originally Posted by Haargh View Post
2. Theres only 1 guild killed Kephess prenerf, so why is there a debate at all whos the world first in this irrelevant contest? The other 3 boss is a joke, comparing them, even mathematically, to Kephess is a joke.
^ What he/she said.

Come on guys, why should we recognize credibility from some random dudes making a whim about rankings established days ago ? (and confirmed by people knowing the value of this down, and also knowing that Ace will stand for world first place whatever happens after the epic Kephess nerf)
<Ace> @ Darth Nihilus (EU, FR)
=|:Y

WillLongstick
01.18.2013 , 11:33 AM | #316
It doesn't matter if it's 8 man or 16 man, there's Nightmare EC, and then there's Nightmare Kephess. It would be wise not to mix the two up. Ace won at Nightmare Kephess in a manner that can't be replicated due to the nerf. Putting Friendly Fire ahead of them in any sort of guild ranks would be the same as putting CKN ahead of Friendly Fire because they cleared TFB HM first.

With that said, Friendly Fire impressively downed the tanks first before that fight got nerfed, and anyone who downs Nightmare Kephess in 8 or 16 man has my outright respect, though more so for a 16 man kill.

Nibbon
01.18.2013 , 11:57 AM | #317
I'm a sniper for Ace know as "Metos" IG.
I congrat all the guys that had down Kephess after us. But, its clearly not the same Kephess since he was nerfed!

[...]

I think that's a lack of respect to made us 3rd.

[...]

Ok, we stay a lot on the tanks, our bad. But the other guilds can kill kephess 4 weeks after us... and a "nerfed"

[...]

Cut some out to focus on the main points.

I have now said this twice but will say it a third time.

These rankings are a TRACKING system that was set MONTHS before the content was released. THERE CANNOT BE A SHOWING OF DISRESPECT WHEN IT IS ENTIRELY UNBIASED.

I did not set these rankings, these rankings are automatically set by time of kill.

I'll say it again ... I consider Ace to be the best guild in the world right now ... I am judging this through my ability to analyze all the data given - namely your timing on the kephess kill. Just because your overall ranking, which was automatically set due to the timing of your first 3 kills, is lower, doesn't make me view you as anything less than best anyway.

Do you need a hug or what?

By the way, the only nerf on kephess was 30 seconds longer on enrage (i realize this is a big nerf) but that is not the entirety of the fight. You must also realize that you spent a lot of time perfecting your kill, of course the fight is going to get easier the more you do it.

lmey
01.18.2013 , 12:01 PM | #318
Quote: Originally Posted by Nibbon View Post
Cut some out to focus on the main points.

I have no said this twice but will say it a third time.

These rankings are a TRACKING system that was set MONTHS before the content was released. THERE CANNOT BE A SHOWING OF DISRESPECT WHEN IT IS ENTIRELY UNBIASED.

I did not set these rankings, these rankings are automatically set by time of kill.

I'll say it again ... I consider Ace to be the best guild in the world right now ... I am judging this through my ability to analyze all the data given - namely your timing on the kephess kill. Just because your overall ranking, which was automatically set due to the timing of your first 3 kills, is lower, doesn't make me view you as anything less than best anyway.

Do you need a hug or what?

By the way, the only nerf on kephess was 30 seconds longer on enrage (i realize this is a big nerf) but that is not the entirety of the fight. You must also realize that you spent a lot of time perfecting your kill, of course the fight is going to get easier the more you do it.
There"s not only 30 seconds longer but 90 !!!
And, as I said, we weren't abble to play on PTS...

But if you want to hug me, it's possible I guess...
-= Metos - SNIPER FOR ACE - PVE HL GUILDE on Darth Nihilus =-

Nibbon
01.18.2013 , 12:23 PM | #319
There"s not only 30 seconds longer but 90 !!!
And, as I said, we weren't abble to play on PTS...

But if you want to hug me, it's possible I guess...
My mistake on that.

My point is, saying that I am disrespectful by doing the community a favor and keeping track of all these kills doesn't just make me feel bad, it makes me not want to keep tracking the information...

The point of the dual system was to reduce the complaining from the last tier of content, but clearly the system needs to be refined yet again for the next tier. If all the guild leaders of the top 10 guilds want to get together and make a decision on how to appropriately track the information in the future, i would be amenable to that. I am not, however, going to change the current tracking system now.

*hug*

lmey
01.18.2013 , 12:32 PM | #320
Quote: Originally Posted by Nibbon View Post
My mistake on that.

My point is, saying that I am disrespectful by doing the community a favor and keeping track of all these kills doesn't just make me feel bad, it makes me not want to keep tracking the information...

The point of the dual system was to reduce the complaining from the last tier of content, but clearly the system needs to be refined yet again for the next tier. If all the guild leaders of the top 10 guilds want to get together and make a decision on how to appropriately track the information in the future, i would be amenable to that. I am not, however, going to change the current tracking system now.

*hug*
Actually... I thing you just wanted that hug
-= Metos - SNIPER FOR ACE - PVE HL GUILDE on Darth Nihilus =-