Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rubberbanding/PvP stutter is back!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Rubberbanding/PvP stutter is back!

Ravashakk
11.16.2012 , 11:52 PM | #11
I was rubberbanding prior to 1.5....so just as annoying before and after. Knockdowns and knockbacks.

Lafay
11.17.2012 , 12:43 AM | #12
you know what is really annoying about this, is when you leap in to smash, you wait a sec for the knockback that is coming for sure, nope no knockback, ok SMASH, oh what do ya no you hit no one at all, then all of a sudden your knocked back... right ok, lag, but wait theres more, guess what! that rubberband kicked in and now your right where you landed from leap, accept no one took smash damage.... FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Solarenergy
11.17.2012 , 10:51 AM | #13
Seen a bunch of people flickering everywhere and appearing to teleport from one location to another all due to the immense lag, especially in Huttball the ultimate lag fest. Also, there's still that bug where a player looks like he's laying down. Seems to be very common.

Antreya
11.17.2012 , 11:38 AM | #14
Yes, this is a 100% gamebreaking issue for pvp, and it is absolute worst in huttball. I see it all the time, assassins/shadows use their stupid knockdown on the carrier next to a fire trap, and even when you get up, you get rubberbanded right back into it so bad, it's a 100% guarantee you will die. It is so bad at this point, it might as well be considered an exploit as much as it is a 100% failure of coding and breaking the game. This is exactly the kind of issue that when it pops up you have all of your bug fix team on it and hotfix it right away, not let it sit in game for patches destroying pvp and driving even more subs away from the game.

adiwantinova
11.17.2012 , 11:59 AM | #15
Happens to me on my sage 100% of the time if pushed back by sorcs, or Mara/Juggs, then immediately followed by a force run to avoid a smash, etc. that is immediately to follow.

You can't avoid smash damage now. Not sure if making the smash timing more accurate included being rubber banded back, but it sure feels like it.
ADI-WAN TINOVA
Adi-Wan, Sentinel | Theresee, Sage | Kahlvin, Guardian
The Shadowlands | <RotJ> | <Triumph>

Monterone
11.17.2012 , 12:29 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothQuick View Post
Its like they don't know or don't care
They most likely do care, there are probably a lot of folks who love their job on this game.

Which leaves -- they don't know; which is concerning.
Sominette . Saminette
Pot5 > Harbinger

Eggsalicious
11.17.2012 , 01:00 PM | #17
In to all of the specific issues mentioned above, and in addition to the greatly increased lag generally, getting stuck partway through a knock-back animation (as the person getting knocked back) is also extremely annoying, particularly when it incapacitates you for longer than the duration of the original knock-back would have.

HoboWithAStick
11.17.2012 , 03:50 PM | #18
I myself have seen this issue allot lately. I've seen this allot on huttball where you will be running across the firetrap get across and get hit with a stun then suddenly be back at the start of the other side. I've also noticed things like because of the directional cone of the new knockback sometime it missing because of this issue. It also makes it sometime as sin/ops to get behind the target to use the back only abilitys. I think in general though the behind target moves need to be reworked to exicute allot faster. In general back moves are really tricky to get off sometimes, you hit the move and it starts the animation then stops and sometimes you need to spam it or even worse reposition yourself a number of times to make it work.

vimm
11.17.2012 , 03:57 PM | #19
Welcome to SWG.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Majspuffen
11.18.2012 , 10:44 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Solarenergy View Post
Seen a bunch of people flickering everywhere and appearing to teleport from one location to another all due to the immense lag, especially in Huttball the ultimate lag fest. Also, there's still that bug where a player looks like he's laying down. Seems to be very common.
Saw this yesterday. A healer started to flicker around all over the place.

I think it is worth mentioning that this never happened before 1.3. The worst that happened before 1.3 was that stunned targets didn't appear at their precise location, but I'll take that over the stuttering, glitchy lagfest that PvP has now been reduced to. It is not just PvP, when I get a knockback or knockdown in PvE I stutter as well.

Whatever change they did in 1.3, I'd suggest they revert it and go back to how things were in 1.2 until they can find a better solution to the issue with stunned targets appearing where they are not.
Lambaste!
Best talent in the Galaxy!