Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tionese Crystals

Daniel_Caparros
11.09.2012 , 10:34 AM | #1
Sorry about the QQ post, but I would like a solution on how to spend tionese crystals. Tionese items require both commendation and crystall to be bought, but all the items sold require MORE commendations than crystals, so whatever you do you'll always have more crystalls than comms. I would like to have an option to trade cystals for something (columi comms, BH coms, whatever) but even one single item with the same cost for comms and crystalls would help

mlbrogueone
11.09.2012 , 10:41 AM | #2
Of if we could even redeem them for straight credits or crafting mats.

I'd apply this to Columi coms as I'm at a point now where I don't need those either.

Daniel_Caparros
11.09.2012 , 10:55 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by mlbrogueone View Post
Of if we could even redeem them for straight credits or crafting mats.

I'd apply this to Columi coms as I'm at a point now where I don't need those either.
In a perfect scenario all commendation could be exchaged (with proper ratio to avoid balancing issues) for top end commendation (currently Black Hole) and even pvp comms

Frog_brains
11.09.2012 , 11:09 AM | #4
This happened in Beta but they removed it when it went live don't know if they ever offered a reason why. But most likely they didn't like the player to be able to farm coms from easier quests, and avoid doing the harder quests but still get the same gear.

jumay
11.09.2012 , 11:19 AM | #5
Agreed. I have about 1000 crystals and 800+ comms. Maybe they should allow us to buy schematics with them. I have no real need for them at this point. My main is BH+ and all of my alts start off with columi gear by using the legacy armor.

They could allow artifice and armstech to buy schematics for orange off hands with the comms and crystals. That is an easy fix.

Radzkie
11.09.2012 , 12:30 PM | #6
My main is geared in campaign and dread guard, so I use all the coms he gets to buy gear to sell back for credits. It's a good way to use them in my opinion. And I'm happy you can't exchange lower coms for higher ones. The game is easy enough to gear up in as is.

GalaxyStrong
11.09.2012 , 01:54 PM | #7
I had over 600 crystals and over 300 Tionese Comm's. I finally just but the bullet and bought 20 chest armors and sold them to a vendor for 10,500 a piece. I made like 200,000 credits so I don't feel like it's a total loss anymore now that I'm 200,000 credits richer.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

criminalheretic
11.09.2012 , 02:24 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by GalaxyStrong View Post
I had over 600 crystals and over 300 Tionese Comm's. I finally just but the bullet and bought 20 chest armors and sold them to a vendor for 10,500 a piece. I made like 200,000 credits so I don't feel like it's a total loss anymore now that I'm 200,000 credits richer.
200k sounds like a lot of creds, but with the time you spend earning enough comms to buy 20 chest pieces...

If I log in and just do BH dailies, I can earn that much in a total of 2-3 hrs of game time. It takes a heck of a lot more than 2-3 hours of game time to earn 600 crystals and 300 comms.

Point being, youre kind of getting ripped off if you trade for armors and then vendor them.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Meepbot
11.09.2012 , 02:27 PM | #9
Have a surplus of tionese comms and crystals? buy as many of the agent vibroknives (the cheapest OH... I think) as you can, wait two hours, sell them back for 12+k each. you can get a looooot of money doing that

Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
200k sounds like a lot of creds, but with the time you spend earning enough comms to buy 20 chest pieces...

If I log in and just do BH dailies, I can earn that much in a total of 2-3 hrs of game time. It takes a heck of a lot more than 2-3 hours of game time to earn 600 crystals and 300 comms.

Point being, youre kind of getting ripped off if you trade for armors and then vendor them.
Its true, you can make all that money faster by doing dailies, I just think of it as an extra monetary reward for doing FPs, a bonus, if you will. Im not actively trying to farm tionese comms/crystals, I just happen to pick them up when killing bosses
The Shadeslayer Legacy |The Harbinger | No Guild
Bloo, 50 Sniper | Turtlestomper, 50 Merc | Beautiful-Ocean, 50 Jug | Arran, 50 Sin
Guiotine, 50 Sent | Popojoe, 50 Sage | Ericksson, 50 Scoundrel | Phoenix, 50 VG

Ms_Sunlight
11.09.2012 , 02:42 PM | #10
I'd be quite happy to trade them for vanity items like a pet or something. They just keep accruing.
Carilie - Scoundrel // Dastelen - Shadow // Dras'yra - Sniper // Elonie - Sorcerer // Undali - Powertech
Server: The Red Eclipse // Guild: The Onyx Guard / The Orbital Guard