Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Axes? Really?

Taleek
11.09.2012 , 03:45 PM | #101
It actually makes sense lore wise for a vibro-axe to be able to do comparable damage to a lightsaber, since vibro-weapons , well, vibrate at a very rapid rate, tremendously increasing the amount of damage that can be dealt with it. It's pretty well established in lore, and some melee weapons, like Force Pikes, were even capable of slicing through durasteel. Since the Jedi in this game do not actually reflect blaster bolts back at their targets, and instead simply deflect them away from themselves, it has no effect on gameplay as well, since the deflecting animation can simply be swapped out for a dodging animation when the player does not have a lightsaber equipped and gets a successful defense roll.
*insert witty retort that will become someone's signature*- Kitty Prawn
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=347245
.- Never forget.
"DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

JettrikRyflix
11.09.2012 , 03:45 PM | #102
I don't know if anyone has said this, but there were Gamorrean Axes in KOTOR (or maybe KOTOR II).

The line has already been crossed, years ago.

Zalanox
11.09.2012 , 03:53 PM | #103
If I ever end up buying one, I'm going to give it to Khem Val, Broonmark, Bowdaar, or Skadge. It'll look better with them and actually make relative sense.
۝∰∰∰∰[]Ξ{█████████████████████████████████

AelixVII
11.09.2012 , 04:13 PM | #104
I would have preferred some kind of high-tech gun or a gun where you can actually see the colour crystal all the time.

Wolfninjajedi
11.09.2012 , 04:56 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by JettrikRyflix View Post
I don't know if anyone has said this, but there were Gamorrean Axes in KOTOR (or maybe KOTOR II).

The line has already been crossed, years ago.
Do you one better, they were in ROTJ.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Meepbot
11.09.2012 , 05:03 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by AelixVII View Post
I would have preferred some kind of high-tech gun or a gun where you can actually see the colour crystal all the time.
Well, there are special rifles, snipers, and pistols that you get from the random packs that have special effects that change color depending on your color crystal, so I think thats as close as youll get Not sure about cannons though
The Shadeslayer Legacy |The Harbinger | No Guild
Bloo, 50 Sniper | Turtlestomper, 50 Merc | Beautiful-Ocean, 50 Jug | Arran, 50 Sin
Guiotine, 50 Sent | Popojoe, 50 Sage | Ericksson, 50 Scoundrel | Phoenix, 50 VG

Setsugetsuka
11.09.2012 , 05:31 PM | #107
I would easily spend 50$ on this:
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...ey-d4g3rbz.png
Instead of the one we got in the Cartel Market.

Slurmez
11.09.2012 , 06:07 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
How is it ridiculous?
Tie those particular axes to the animations of the knights/warriors and it looks rediculous, elegant movements that would not be possible with a weapon of such size and shape, they may as well throw in buster swords now.

Wolfninjajedi
11.09.2012 , 06:45 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurmez View Post
Tie those particular axes to the animations of the knights/warriors and it looks rediculous, elegant movements that would not be possible with a weapon of such size and shape, they may as well throw in buster swords now.
The animations look fine.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

kmontyw
11.09.2012 , 08:07 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by GoldSting View Post
You think it's honestly going to wreck your immersion to see 3 or 4 people on the fleet using these, when there are players named "Wat-what Inubutt"?
Despite the implications to games everywhere, I genuinely loled.
I am an international man of mystery... or am I