Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Axes? Really?


Bojangle's Avatar


Bojangle
11.09.2012 , 03:00 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by saremun View Post
Did i say we want to one shot players? just freaking try to understand before you comment. i have GW2 but its a trash game and i don't play it so shut up here.
Yes you basically did say that. Don't be mad because you said something that wouldn't work in-game.

"now would it be kinda stupid for a Jedi/Sith to change his Light sabers with normal AXES? hmmm guess not because the freaking Axes gonna do the same damage as a light saber, WELL DONE BIOWARE! "

You basically are saying axes shouldn't do the same damage as a lightsaber because in the movies the lightsaber was so powerful. So by your theory then anyone using an axe vs a jedi/sith using a lightsaber will lose because their weapon shouldn't be as powerful. VERY good logic in a video game. That is called imbalance.

So please don't tell me to shut up when you post was 110% incorrect. Might want to play a couple more mmo's so you can understand why there needs to be some sort of balance.
()≡ǁ/////ǁ(₪)ǁǁ[██████████████████████████████)

Korban_HoD's Avatar


Korban_HoD
11.09.2012 , 03:01 PM | #92
Aren't there any lore-wise characters who would wield any weapon even though they are either sith or jedi?

I mean General Grievious was never strong in the force, but boyo could he kick some *** when it came to close quarters combat!

saremun's Avatar


saremun
11.09.2012 , 03:06 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Asavar View Post
Cry more?
/sigh

Bojangle's Avatar


Bojangle
11.09.2012 , 03:07 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Korban_HoD View Post
Aren't there any lore-wise characters who would wield any weapon even though they are either sith or jedi?

I mean General Grievious was never strong in the force, but boyo could he kick some *** when it came to close quarters combat!
Yeah but then this will get out of hand because then Jedi could use guns. Look at Luke and Obi-Wan in Ep 3. Gotta at least be reasonable and keep it how it is for the game sake. People keep thinking just because something is in the movies or books then game should allow all of this. THIS IS JUST A GAME. Gotta balance out the loot.
()≡ǁ/////ǁ(₪)ǁǁ[██████████████████████████████)

Arlon_Nabarlly's Avatar


Arlon_Nabarlly
11.09.2012 , 03:08 PM | #95

saremun's Avatar


saremun
11.09.2012 , 03:13 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Bojangle View Post
Yeah but then this will get out of hand because then Jedi could use guns. Look at Luke and Obi-Wan in Ep 3. Gotta at least be reasonable and keep it how it is for the game sake. People keep thinking just because something is in the movies or books then game should allow all of this. THIS IS JUST A GAME. Gotta balance out the loot.
dude for you its just a game but not for everyone! people like me who like star wars like it because you feel some logic even though its all fantasy and science fiction. so the question is mister know it all, can the Siht/Jedi move the Axe and maneuver with it in the same way as a Lightsaber? you know take in count the weight and all that.

Bojangle's Avatar


Bojangle
11.09.2012 , 03:17 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by saremun View Post
dude for you its just a game but not for everyone! people like me who like star wars like it because you feel some logic even though its all fantasy and science fiction. so the question is mister know it, can the Siht/Jedi move the Axe and maneuver with it in the same way as a Lightsaber? you know take in count the weight and all that.
Please just stop. You have 0 logic in your answers. I even broke down what you said but you simply still don't get it. Not even worth talking to you anymore reading this last post of yours. So you should actually shut up instead of you telling others to shut up when you obviously think the lore should take priority over balancing a game and making other weapons less superior. Yeah people will really want to use an axe then if the stats will never be as good as a lightsaber huh? They are making the axe so people might want to use it. Never mind there is no point in talking to you.
()≡ǁ/////ǁ(₪)ǁǁ[██████████████████████████████)

HellbirdIV's Avatar


HellbirdIV
11.09.2012 , 03:27 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by kmontyw View Post
So, Jedi/Sith will be running around with axes instead of lightsabres come the F2P release. Axes. Do they come with Dwarven beards as well?
Do you know that axes have been developed and used by every modern human culture in the world, independently of one-another? Because of its simple and effective design it, like the spear, has become a staple of early civilization and first-grade example of the concept of "independent convergent development".

They have nothing what-so-ever to do with "dwarves".

TheLoneSage's Avatar


TheLoneSage
11.09.2012 , 03:31 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by saremun View Post
iam reading through the lore now trying to find one thing about a fight between Axes and Light saber..
While you're at it, can you please find something that explains why Lightsabers don't simply cut through everything, killing it instantly. Or how others can survive multiple blaster shots. Or why Garmoreans on Quesh are able to defend against my saber with their axes?

It's an MMO, not a novel.

Get over it.
Who's my favorite Villain from the game?
Myself of course.

stuffystuffs's Avatar


stuffystuffs
11.09.2012 , 03:38 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by kmontyw View Post
So, Jedi/Sith will be running around with axes instead of lightsabres come the F2P release. Axes. Do they come with Dwarven beards as well? Can they be upgraded to kitchen knives perhaps?

You say Jedi, I immediately think "ax". It's a natural part of the fantasy, and lore. This is going to be so great.
Simple fix...don't use them.

Who cares what others do.
Node guarder